Name one thing you’ll miss about Hawkins Lab

2»

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

As Trapper main, the map had no place to trap. Except the gates area...work every time. It was the only map that you can hide traps at gates.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

Mindgaming the third floor hole by standing still under it and waiting until survivor jumps into your wide arms.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Love the map layout and design. You could pull off some really awesome stealth plays.

the rat hooks will be missed.

loved the game play as survivor. Zig-zagging trying to reach some of those strong loops only to find a fellow survivor had already used it up.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

I'll miss the lab room, I thought it was pretty cool to look at.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Remember that bug when you could hug the wall around the hole in the floor upstairs, so the Killer couldn't reach you. I miss watching them fall trying to hit survivors or pick someone up.

I may miss Nurses secret room more.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,148
  • EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I only loved the map when i was a stealth killer.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,940

I'll miss the rats in the upstairs room - I think it was one of the first maps to have something like that put into it.

I'll also miss the noise of the map, this is gonna sound weird, but I really enjoy the sounds in that map - yes I know that's weird, don't judge me!

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

In my experience it has always been a map where anything can happen- I did Grandmaster Adept Nurse and Blight on it, I looped Killers for 10s or 10mins on it, even got insanely hard achievements like Left Behind, Evil Incarnate and several others on it. Always my favorite map for stealth builds and gameplay, while others hated it I loved it as much as I love Demo. It's a terrible day for rain, now that its gone.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

The small staircases on certain loops and the upstairs window by the stairwell. It was fun to do mind games with those.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

I loved playing as Ghostface on this map.

I play full-stalk instead of hit-and-run with him, which means I basically refuse to hit people unless they're exposed.

This map had a weird atmosphere that made it more likely for survivors to goof around when they noticed me stalking them without hitting, which I'd often reciprocate. Often turned the game into a clown fiesta of hide and seek, squat spamming, etc, which I enjoyed.

Also the map in general was just one of my favorites in terms of environment.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Not a fan of the map tbh. At all.

But some people are and it is unfortunate.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,710

I’ll miss its unique structure and unique loops. There are a lot of unsafe pallets that you can turn into good loops if you know how to chain them together.

But I can’t not mention jumpscaring people by downing them when they fall from the 2nd floor drop. I felt so bad the other day when I made someone DC because I knew they were up there with BBQ and I waited at the bottom as ghostface xD

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

I miss catching people in the isolation room.

Especially when you dont have a 1 down power so everyones just standing their awkwardly for a while

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I once found someone in there as Mikey and went all the way from T1 to T3 because they didn't realize I didn't have collision. I let them go just out of pure appreciation. I'd been stuck in T1 for a while that match.

I also remember the room with the chest being a really good spot to find people healing. Only one entrance, sometimes multiple people. Nobody can leave without the hit tax.

• DeadByStreetlight
    DeadByStreetlight Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2021

Beside the unique hooks, the well placed different levels and the amount of pallets.

Weird, but I will missing the dead bodies in the corners with the blood splatters on the wall. It just looked like a crime scene.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

The aesthetic. Admittedly I don't like the gameplay on the map but it was our map. It was in my opinion one of the cooler looking maps in DBD. I hated it but I'll miss it just the same.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,820

This was my favourite indoor map because it was brightly lit and I didn't get lost. I could also usually find a gen.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

The unique loops. Some of them needed nerfs, but overall it had the most unique loops in the game. I'm gonna miss them so fckin bad!

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Me saying "I'm working on a gen in the butt-xxxx room"

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,370

Nothing

• skyguys
    skyguys Member Posts: 67

I unironically liked how difficulty it was for survivors. I dislike indoor maps but I like how this map presents a challenge to me.

I wanted to hop on and record my last time playing this map but I have no passion for DBD as of late...

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited November 2021

The hamster jumping in the cage of the top floor EEK EEK. It made me jumpscare sometimes despite knowing its existence.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

The drop only give traps some concealment because of texture, the trap is still in plain sight.

The gates area though, completely hide traps.

It was fun because I play end game trapper. Which pretty much I play as M1 killer without power. Until 5 Gen done with a trap triggered at gate that come with Remember me. Even more fun with double auto reset traps addon. While Im still an M1 killer, with Noed and Rancor.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

The "oh #########" moments when you drop down the hole on the top floor right in front of the killer

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 747

I think the hooks were the best ones in the game by far. Plus, the ambiance close to the portal in the wall was always cool.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

Playing as hag when I have a basement challenge. So many good choke points for her.