left behind is creating a bad play environment

deckyr
deckyr Member Posts: 795
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

i am tired of teammates whose entire plan from the start is to let us all die so that they can get hatch using left behind to find it

i'm tired of it

this isn't fun

it's not fun to have a perk that actively encourages throwing

left behind should only activate after the gates are powered, or should just be an entirely new perk with different effects. i don't know, i don't care, what it is now is creating an unfun play environment where i get teammates whose sole mission is to throw me under the bus.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

There is no incentive to focus on hatch escapes other than mmr doesn't drop. These players will lock themselves at their current rating while those of us that actually play will pass them by.

• deckyr

a lot of people play the game purely to escape and have decided on a playstyle that creates a bad game environment for others

those players aren't aware mmr even exists, so diving valiantly in front of this perk to stop me shooting it is a fool's move when the perk can simply be tweaked to encourage doing gens at the very least

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

If your actually playing while these players try waiting everyone else out, you aren't going to be dealing with them long. They are going for a playstyle that will leave them stagnant in the system.

The perk itself grants no rewards and I can't say I have ever seen it used by anyone outside of very new players.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,090

It is a stupidly designed perk, and people do play like that, but you're not gonna see that at high level. So it's a coin flip to whether the devs address it or not.

• deckyr

the devs address plenty of things that don't appear in high level play

while we're on the topic, we should change left behind and also nerf pig again

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 369

The Solo queue experience is horrible during the night hours. I end up running builds containing perks like Adrenaline, Wake Up, Spine Chill, or Left Behind.

Regular builds simply do not work when your teammates don't last long enough in chases or disregard the objective entirely. I get far more value out of these perks when I know it's going to go south after loading into the lobby.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

You're running into people using Left Behind? Since when do people run Left Behind?

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I'd use it if I actually had keys. This being before and after the hatch change. So naturally, I never use it because I never get keys 😑.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Left Behind is the new META in high mmr?

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

My bad. I just like the hatch, bro. They finally made it a skill based mechanic. It is hard work waiting for my teammates to die.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

But how else do I get my hatch trophy?

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

If i sell u without mentioned perks, will u cry here? 3 games is not enough to blame community. I think we need more 😂

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

If there are only 2 survivors left and one is hooked and gens still need to be repaired.

Then yeah, what can the unhooked survivor do? not a lot.

many games where I leave the other surv so the last one goes for the save so I can kill both. Smartest thing would be to let them die if the gens can't be completed.

So I don't think the perk is really doing anything to create a base environment, except make there situation easier.

• deckyr

that's quite sincerely not the situations i experienced tonight. if that was any of the games i'd experienced this in, then i wouldn't be counting them.

i had a bill unhook people, creep away and then hide in lockers all game long. everyone else was on death hook and he was clean. guess who was running left behind?

i had a meg skulking around the corners of the map actively allowing me to bleed out while someone else was in chase and the other guy was on hook. guess who was running left behind?

and i had a meg creeping in and out of lockers while i was on hook and the other two teammates were doing a gen that she was directly next to, which didn't have a space for a third person to be on. i almost died on first hook until someone else noticed her doing it and came to get me. no, the killer wasn't camping me either. guess who was running left behind? oh, she also brought a purple key into the trial, with no addons attached. saw it in the lobby.

the fact is that these people running this perk meant they prioritise hatch as anything above the last resort it's supposed to be. which means, they actively sought the death of their teammates. in that last case i'd believe that having the perk and the key together meant she was, on some level, actively looking for reasons to throw the game out the window and put hatch as her top priority above generators.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

No joke, I had 3 matches last night with survivors who brought left behind and hid in a corner for 90% of the match.

Not when it was a “lost game.” No, I’m talking hiding in a bush or behind a Z-wall at 5 gens before the killer has even gotten a hook (and the killer is nowhere near them, mind you).

2 of them everyone died, and the 3rd one we all escaped despite them doing nothing because my other 2 teammates were actually really good and all 3 of us had long chases.

If you are one of these people just trying to go for hatch from the start of the game, stop. You’re not really playing the game, and it’s frustrating for anyone who is actually trying.

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 554

I'm surprised people aren't running clairvoyance. It has a 64 meter range for everything except bones and including hatch, much better than left behind and open-handed combined.

But in all seriousness, it really sucks when perks like this encourage unhealthy play styles, but tbf, we need perks to help ourselves once we're alone in the trial, but the problem is, it requires your teammates to die or get sandbagged to work

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,200

Imagine if you could escape without gimping yourself with increased MMR...

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

The only consolation in reading this is that my experience is not unique. Why Left Behind and Sole Survivor still function as they do is beyond me. Though I’m not sure what they could do otherwise that would still be thematically accurate. But from a design perspective, very poorly thought out.

Also really weird that BHVR made Annotated and Vigo Blueprints available to survivors. Let everyone else die, easy guaranteed hatch escape (especially with a key).

• deckyr

no matter how much people tried to single me out as one guy having one bad game, here are more stories of survivors throwing on purpose to get that sweet sweet Left Behind value.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

They should make Left Behind have an additional requirement to activate like get atleast 4 safe unhooks/protection hits in a match.

• GoshJosh

That's too steep in my opinion, but some kind of altruistic prerequisite to make the perk work stronger/better sounds like a great step in the right direction to me! Maybe it only shows the hatch within eight meters, and every equivalent of a full heal or unhook adds four additional meters.

• EvilTurnip690
    EvilTurnip690 Member Posts: 32
  • bm33

4 safe unhooks/protection hits isn't hard to get in a match. Protection hits on their own are pretty easy. This way those running Left Behind are helping their teammates instead of just waiting on them to die. Just increasing the distance you can see aura of the hatch wouldn't be enough of an incentive for those hiding for hatch.

• GoshJosh

They may be easy to get, but aren't always the right play. I guess maybe now in the CoH age. You can't have the perk do absolutely nothing if they don't meet that threshold though. It just won't happen some matches. Getting 4 WGLF stacks is very rare for me, no matter how hard I try.

• bm33

Why can't the perk do nothing if you don't meet the requirements? Plenty of perks on both sides have requirements you need to meet or else you can't use them.

Deliverance requires you to make a safe unhook before you get hooked, if you don't meet that requirement you can't use it. Devour Hope requires the killer to get multiple hooks, be a certain distance away when player is unhooked AND their totem still be up to get use from that perk. I can list more examples from both sides if you'd like.

Just because you run a perk doesn't mean you are guaranteed to use it.

• GoshJosh

I understand, I just feel the effect of Left Behind isn’t that strong to warrant a potential zero use. Especially with the recent hatch and key nerfs. It should simply be made stronger by encouraging anything but hiding.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

This is what one of my friends does - they started running clairvoyance even before it included seeing the hatch and since then it’s helped them escape a few times. But it’s not a worthless perk either if you’re not at a point where you need to find the hatch in the first place.

Also, to add another example of this happening, last night I played bubba on ormond. I chased and hooked someone, then saw somebody crouching behind a tree with BBQ. I go there and down him and he suicides on first hook.

I look in postgame and he had left behind and only had 664 points.

• Hunter_Main_322
    Hunter_Main_322 Member Posts: 530

Because this perk is trash

It should show absolutely everything at the end.

From pallet windows to sunroof gates

After all, to activate, everyone must die

Perhaps then let the plus still open the gate 50% faster

Perk that is designed for last game - a lot of emphasis on the gate and hatch

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

Over 1k+ hours in dbd and never seen any intentional use of left behind yet. I do encounter a lot of dumb idiots who uses urban evasion and blow generator aka run away when they barely hear the heartbeat

• EvilTurnip690
    EvilTurnip690 Member Posts: 32