Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Noed needs a rework

fogdonkey
fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

It is just simply too powerful against soloQ.

My idea: survivors should know at the start of the match that killer has NOED and should have a totemcounter.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

A base totem counter would go a long way. I’d even travel to the basement if that’s what it took to know. People can say all they want that it’s not for bad killers, but when it’s almost always what leads to my first down in a match… yeah, definitely carries bad killers.

• fogdonkey

Do you ever play survivor soloQ?

That's unrealistic to cleanse all totems.

• fogdonkey

Do you ever play soloQ? Or are you just another killer main who has to rely on this perk to be able to get some sacrifices?

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Switch 1 if your perks for small game.

There you go, you got a totem counter 🎉🎉🎉

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

I don't understand the argument of "just do bones."

Yeah, I'll do all five bones while the rest of my teammates die because I'm not on generators. Not to mention how ridiculous it is in solo queue, yeah you have 3 other teammates but are they going to cleanse totems? You don't know that.

• fogdonkey

DS and BT punishes killers who don't play nicely and tunnel hard. So if you olay nicely you don't even notice that those perks exist.

Looks like you never play survivor soloQ, just another proud NoED user.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,302

I only play solo queue and I have no problems with NOED. It's not hard to learn totem spawns after playing on the same maps all the time. Even if I can't find them all, I can always look for the lit totem after it procs and I usually find it by sound. In the situation that I can't find it, I just open the gate and leave because I know I'm not entitled to rescue anyone on hook and have a 4 man escape. I also have the option to use Small Game which notifies me that a totem is in front of me and also provides a totem counter.

• Dennis_van_eijk

Correct you don't know that.

If you are annoyed by getting hit by noed, then just take it up on yourself to find the bones and cleanse them.

Besides, you can't win them all 😉

• GoshJosh

Oh sorry, I already had to switch one of my perks for anti-camp, and another for anti-tunnel, and yet another for anti-slug. So my last perk slot needs to be dedicated to the chance the killer has NOED?

• glitchboi

As in DC, or...?

If you mean just escaping, then you're missing the point. I'll work on cleansing all 5 totems and that takes the time of trying to find each totem, as well as running to them and cleansing them. In all that time, you could be doing generators, and god knows what will happen to the survivors if I waste my time on each and every totem. We're talking solo queue here.

• GoshJosh

Not when you’re the one who gets to reveal NOED for the team.

• glitchboi

Well, I'm not necessarily annoyed by getting hit by NOED, I just consider it to be unfair.

People keep missing the point for some odd reason.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

Detectives hunch is a good way to find totems in between gens.

• Dennis_van_eijk

You don't have to run these perks, that is just between your ears mate.

The only "meta" perk i use is dead hard.

The rest i switch around for for different perks.

I don't use ub, not ds, not kindred or any other meta perks.

I just remember the totem spawns and even escape as well.

Meta perks that is needed as survivor is just between your ears, not every game the killer tunnels or camps 😉

• glitchboi

If you don't have a map (I can't bring one every single game), you're still taking the time to find them if you don't have perfect memory of the totem locations, and this is coming from someone who runs Hunch a lot. Keep in mind you still have to run to each totem, in which the killer could eventually find you while doing so, or even get a survivor out of the game.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

i play solo queue survivor and use noed sometimes. it is a very fair perk.

people seem to complain, but never try and do anything about it.

once one person is knocked, find noed and cleanse or open the door and escape. not very hard.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

No it isn’t. I run noed on almost every build I play. There are definitely some games where it never activated.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697
  • GoshJosh
    edited November 2021

I don’t ‘have’ to run them, I just get to suffer terrible matches when I could have used them. And I don’t run any of the perks you mentioned since the DS nerf. The difference is that killers can camp, tunnel, and slug for free - no perks needed for these play styles. Perks only enhance them for killers.

But a solo queue survivor is always told to run this or that perk in the off-chance this or that happens to them. As if we have eight perk slots.

• Dennis_van_eijk

Unfair?

Why is it that when i play that i have no trouble finding the totems without my team dying around me, but when i come to the forums people always say things like you did earlier?

Either I'm very high in mmr where that doesn't happen, or people who complain about it are at a lower level?

It might seem unfair as it can reward bad olay by killers, but it rewards more by bad play from survivors.

You power through the gens?

Then just escape, it really is not that hard

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Player Solo Q almost my entire dbd experience and I hate hand holding. Either do bones or survivors just go look for NOED when someone gets hit.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

Imma be blunt: No, I don't.

Because in the vast majority of cases, the effort invested into 'doing bones' is not actually going to counter NOED. You're more likely to make NOED stronger than to counter it by doing bones.

This is as someone who runs DetHunch most of the time: Doing bones does NOT work, unless your teammates are carrying.

• Dennis_van_eijk

I never said you have to run small game or any totem finding perk, but if you are annoyed by it then you have the option to run it.

Don't complain about a killer perk that can easily be countered but you just don't want to do it.

Btw there is also an item to find totems easily, it's called a map.

You don't have to switch a perk for it and if you bring the rainbow map you can even show it to your team.

Taa daa....... problem solved.

If you think you get terrible matches by not running certain perks as survivor, than you have to adjust your playstyle maybe? 😉

Not saying you play bad, but you probably play the way you do as with the perks you always use.

Learn and adept, it's not that difficult and noed is so easy to counter.

And yes even in soloq, i know what I'm talking about as i only play solo and only on rare occasions i get hit by it.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

You know the whole 'swiffer is OP' thing?

Part of the reason is because of things like NOED, severely hurting solo queue while being mostly inert in Swiffer queue. It's not an isolated problem, it's affected more than just its own little segment.

• Dennis_van_eijk

Think ghostface gave a good comment about it.

But the fun thing is that when a survivor is told to just do bones (which they should as it's a secondary objective), they get pissed by it for being told that.

But with boons i see survivors say the exact same thing, and boons are even stronger than hexes, as it can completely remove auras, remove scratchmarks, faster healing or even healing without items, and then you get that new boon that gives unlimited unbreakable.

But sure let the killers just do bones 😂

• glitchboi

I mean, I try to do at least one totem in most of my games, but I guess I don't want to cleanse totems apparently.

It's also map design with their totem spawns that can mess you up. If all survivors don't do a single totem at all, then sure, it's a bad play on their end, but there's no helping for survivors that did at least less than 5 totems.

You can't really escape if the NOED totem is in a really weird spot, and if you get downed, your fate is likely sealed, there's no saving yourself unless the survivors somehow find the totem. Most survivors would just leave, which is the better option, but it's still unfair when you get killed. I don't mind it, but it still gave the killer an unfair kill.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

Have fun cleansing all 5 totems on garbage maps like RPD and Midwich where by the time you have found all the killer has already won the game.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I play SoloQ all the time and I have no issues about doing bones.......I have Small Game and have Maps to track where they all are when I'm running around. So with Boons we can take care of NoEd before it spawns. So again DO BONES.

• Bran

time to do things...or say things that could put some debate topic on blast on this controversial topic.

1) do bones.

• this is valid. you can cleanse totems all throughout the trial. you can say it's harder when you have to get gens done, but what's stopping you after the gens are done? clearly your getting the gens done to be killed by noed.
    • even if their hard to find, you can try and other times, aw well...bad luck. it's just how it is.

2) how is the killer snowballing with noed?

• how many survivors were left? if 2, i think he did pretty good. if 4, how many are on death hook? did already have a survivor hooked and got another one? did the killer have too much pressure. was it a high tier killer? what's the context?
    • did you guys open the doors, but didn't leave when you had the chance?

3) does noed give undeserved or free kills?

• you can say that sure, but what effort was made to prevent this? did anyone look for the totem? did the door get 99'd? did you play accordingly or to the best of your ability?

4) is noed unfair?

• aren't all perks unfair? boons gives powerful effects, UB you can pick yourself up, DS gives you a free stun on the killer, adrenaline gives a free health state, even when hooked or on the killers shoulder or trap. there's also other unfair killer perks. that's what they do.

as i said, i play soloq and have gone against many noeds. I adapt to the situation and try to play accordingly if i can. and trust me i was a sworn DS hater back in the day, but then i eventually decided it was okay-ish and stopped the hate.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Honestly haven’t really seen any evidence that NOED is more powerful than Haunted Grounds in terms of increasing kill rates. It gets a lot of complaints because “the downs aren’t deserved” according to some survivors but regardless both it and Haunted Grounds typically give one or two downs when triggered. Haunted Grounds does it earlier, which can be good for building momentum, while NOED can act as a hedge to turn a 0-2 k match into a 1-3 k match potentially. Haunted Grounds is a bit more likely to actually go off compared to NOED since survivors typically cleanse hex totems as soon as they find them during the match while NOED doesn’t trigger if either all the totems are cleansed or the generators are never completed. On the other hand NOED gives a slight speed boost so that compensates a bit for that weakness.

The only issue I’ve heard that seems like it might be a reasonable complaint is how NOED is the only Exposed perk that doesn’t alert survivors they are Exposed. I’d be ok if that was changed, and then if it made NOED too weak giving it a slight improvement to compensate. But either way, in terms of its overall effectiveness, I doubt it’s too powerful or it would have probably been nerfed already considering the extremely vocal group of survivors who complain about it all the time.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited November 2021

Because I don't agree with you that means nothing. I'm survivor main and I have no problem with noed. No swf as you think. I'm not crying over things like others. This game is very hard as killer anyway and you are asking to nerf killer's perks lol

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

I have a question for the people who think that NOED is unfair and that cleansing it/doing bones isn't a reasonable counter to it - and I'll even ignore the other counter of just leaving as soon as you see it pop up for the sake of this question.

What makes NOED unfair and undeserved where Devour Hope isn't? They both have extremely similar effects- everyone is Exposed, and NOED has the added benefit of increasing your speed because it's only going to activate in the endgame whereas Devour's extra strength is in the mori capability if you build it up further. Both require you to play a portion of the game with only three perks, both can be undone at any time by the survivor...

Why is NOED the subject of all this debate where Devour isn't?

• Dennis_van_eijk

My way of playing as a solo is that i just adept to the other survivors.

If they go down fast i will try to do either saves and healing, but if someone else is doing that then I'll be on gens.

I see people on gens?

Then I'll be either totem hunting (and on a gen if 1 is close to it) or I'll be keeping the killer busy.

If i see multiple people running around looking for totems (you can tell as they ignore gens) then I'll be on gen duty or what i described in the first option.

I don't mind dying and will sacrifice myself for the team, but even that doesn't happen a lot.

Most of the times its a 3 or 4 man escape or i get out alone.

And yes there are definitely games where i get outplayed and won't escape, but that's just the way of the game.

If i get hit by noed, i can only laugh about it especially if it's a terrible killer.

Simply because we as a team just messed up and i was on the receiving end at that point.

Rpd should just get removed or reworked entirely, that's a map that doesn't fit and belong in dbd at all.

It's a terrible map for both sides.

Midwich the spawns are not that terrible if you ask me.

But perks like counterforce, small game or hunch can help massively with that, or even a map. 😉

• Bran

i've thought the same thing, but have assumed it's because you know your exposed and you can cleanse it earlier.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

You actually don't- Devour doesn't announce itself until you hit someone with three stacks.

• Dennis_van_eijk

I completely agree with you on what you just said except for 1 part at the end.

No perk tells you in advance what it is.

Hunted ground you only know it if you cleanse it.

Devour you will only know it if you're hit.

Ruin only if you have touched a gen.

Toth only if you touch a totem.

Undying only if you are near a dull totem.

So no perk will tell you something in advance until you interact with it, so it does exactly what other hex perks does imo.

• Bran

hm...ya know...i've always wondered about that, but i guess i decided that it did.

aw well, atleast the you can cleanse i earlier point stands.