Clown shouldn't grunt while vaulting, Pig shouldn't roar while ambushing

Title. These sounds make these bad killers even worse. You can't mindgame as Clown because of the annoying grunt, and Pig's roar makes ambush even more useless.

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t know about the Clown grunt, but I’m guessing they probably tested Pig’s Ambush with and without sound and found it was too easy to hit with it if it had no audio cue. (Heck, I played Pig the other day and hit at least five or six times with the Ambush despite the sound. I can only imagine how easy it would be if they heard nothing at all when you Ambush from being Undetectable.)

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Pig needs a buff but that would be too much. Perhaps cutting the roar in half or something so you have to react faster as survivor. Clown though I agree with that one.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903

Having played much pig and clown, i think their main problem lies elsewhere:

-clown doesn't have enough bottles in his base kit

-pig's ambush has no reach, and the crouching speed is too slow

I do'nt think they'll ever remove those sound cues... since they do the same for all killers.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

@str4wberryp "You can't mindgame as Clown because of the annoying grunt".

Yes you can. Are you aware that Clown makes a very similar, almost identical sounding grunt when he throws a bottle? This aspect of Clown is very fun and catches a lot of players out; yes, even good ones, why? Because only I do it lol no one else does this with Clown meaning no one expects it; they break LOS, you toss the bottle high into the sky, the survivor hears the grunt, doesn't hear the smash so assumes you vaulted, they then run back into you waiting on the corner. Being a Clown main, I would hate to see the vault-grunt be removed.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Demo shouldn't make a map wide sound for everything

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Even though these would be buffs, it would kinda kill them both for me. These are some of the best sounds in the game!