Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Exiting a snowman glitches viewmodel through entire gen & makes it unhitable

LRZukaTo
LRZukaTo Member Posts: 1
edited December 2021 in Bug Reporting
  • Description:

Enter a snowman. Get in front of a generator. A nanosecond after hitting only (!) SHIFT for the exit of the snowman press your ACTION button (for example standard M1). Your shown character model will work on the side of the gen where you exited the snowman. Your camera viewmodel will glitch through the entire generator (if you time that perfectly) or into the generator. Depending how you timed it the camera viewmodel won't overlap with your character model. Doing it perfectly the killer is not able to hit you while working on that generator.

Everything that interrupts the ongoing task (shock by the doctor for example) will reset your view model into your character model. I did not test the action interruption with other perks or abilities that interrupt working on a gen.

If another survivor tries to work on the side where your camera viewmodel glitched to it won't work. He will collide as if you work normally on that specific side. Apparently the killer won't collide. This assumption is based on the fact i didn't get hit by several Leatherface swings. The survivor can run into your character model but is not able to interact with the gen on that side. The killer can run into the character model as well but of course he is not able to damage the gen because i am working on it.

• Circumstances under which this glitch occured:

This occured in a normal PVP match by accident. I am playing on PC using the plattform Steam. The character i used was Dwight. I tested this in some matches on different maps. When the generator was not occupied by another survivor it worked every time when correctly done as i descriped at the start. But it was just once that a generator was occupied when this glitch didn't work so i don't want to dismiss the possibility of that working in that case directly.

Post edited by LRZukaTo on
1 votes

Pending · Last Updated