The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Wow, playing killer in 2021 is so fun right??

Comments

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

The problem is you are declaring this as "unmitigatable abuse." Its extremely easy to mitigate. Do not chase survivors at that main building. Is it good that the building is that strong? No, of course not. I hate that building. Its for that very reason smart killers literally ignore the generator up top unless they have a vertical movement ability like Hag, Nurse, or Demo. Once that generator is finished (which it was) there is no reason to even enter the building anymore. Now normally people could speed burst after getting hit and get TO the building, but seeing as he was Legion and everyone was always injured, there was no chance of that.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

You can main a side and still have fair share of opinions.

Not everyone want easy matches and everything on the other side nerfed.

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446

And even sacrificial wards can be override if 4 map offerings are burned, which obviously only occurs with SWF. Which is only fair, I guess, more players in that match wants that map than players who don't 🤡.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

That flashlight save at 3:15... I thought they fixed this bug, what a naive kid I am ;)

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

I mean I like tru and all but he does tend to blame a lot of his mistakes on the game. A few days ago he played as Deathslinger, missed 90% of his shots because he kept trying to do insane flicks and insisted that mmr was at fault, not him missing his shots because he was trying to show off.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735
    edited December 2021

but then you have otzadarva or we, who yday played nurse in school vs baby survivors.

Using standard perk build, and saying see, game is perfectly balanced and sbmm is flawless, otherwise i would not get 4K.

Right…

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

Oh I'm not denying the fact that killer is a lot more stressful to play recently because it is very stressful these days. I'm just saying that Tru sometimes doesn't take into consideration that in some matches he made mistakes like we all do. :)

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Which part of this was bullying? Did they insult him in end game chat?

• Percival_nxs
    Percival_nxs Member Posts: 193

facts matter more than words, don't you think all this was done for the sole purpose of bullying the killer? So are you telling me that if there is no insult in the endgame chat, then it is not considered bullying?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

Killers like to say that they got "bullied" when they lost.

But nope, the Streamer is the only person in Endgame Chat who starts an argument. First thing is claiming that the Survivors were using stretched resolution. Without any evidence or whatsoever.

But hey, if a Killer is saying that, it must be true.

• Marigoria

So for you facecamping/tunneling/camping is also bullying because the survivor isnt having fun?

You not being able to catch the survivors (keeping in mind they arent cheating) it's not bullying, it's just SBMM not working and putting you with people who are not the same skill as you.

• Marigoria

I know. People use the word "bullying" = I'm not having fun, but then say camping/tunneling is a "valid strat". It's only fun when I do it, when people do it to me it's "bullying".

• Percival_nxs

Killers camp and tunnel for "strategy", survivors can win even without doing this, they clearly do this only for bullying.

• Percival_nxs

yeah, being stunned and blinded every 5 seconds is very fun

• Marigoria

"Exploits" are bannable. So no, there weren't any "exploits". Another over used word that people dont know what it really means.

• Marigoria

Killers can also win without camping and tunneling. I main both Freddy and Pig, dont camp or tunnel and still win.

• Marigoria

You aren't trapped in the game, you can still catch them. Pallets arent infinites and the killer is always faster than the survivors unless you're playing nurse.

• Marigoria

Nothing done in that game was an "exploit". No one was hacking/cheating or doing things that weren't supposed to be in the game.

You don't know if any of those survivors were using stretch res since you don't see their POV.

Sometimes even when Ghostface is in the middle of your screen, you don't reveal him. It's just a power that was badly implemented for both sides, which has nothing to do with this game at all.

Nurse is fine the way she is. She is incredibly difficult to master, and if you're able to do so you should be able to do fine with the strongest killer in the game.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Agreed with everything except your last two sentences. But your on the right track.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

They needed a spanking from Nurse or Spirit for how they treated Legion.

Nurse and Hillbilly should have never been nerfed when teams like this exists.

He got caught with his pants down and unfortunately they took advantage of it.

But as far as Bullying, killers bully solo teams as well. This just shows only one extreme.

• Marigoria

Since you decided to delete your comment saying I must "only have 500 hours", no, I don't have only "500 hours" just because I don't agree with you.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Well, yes, that is why I said: they need to get lucky on target selection. Either: A) be so much better at mindgaming and looping that the raw speed difference doesn't matter because you need to bloodlust the hit out, then they swap out for someone else and heal it etc.; or B) be a perfectly coordinated team with no other goal than to do locker flashlight saves or head on and run loops as long as possible on top of that... then skedaddle as soon as the batteries run low.

"You are not mechanically trapped in the game" does not mean "you have a chance of victory". Being at 1 gen and 0 hooks with a gen in each corner of the map is clearly a state where the survivors could go do gens and escape at any time (which they eventually do, both in this game and my experience). So, why aren't they doing it? They can win. The aim is to win and escape, right? So why aren't they escaping? Why are they insisting on jumping into lockers so their buddies can flashlight stun and repeat, or they can whack you with head-on, or just standing doing nada whilst someone runs the Killer for two minutes?

What part of "not doing any objectives for ten minutes when it would take at most 80s to do one and escape" is viewable as anything other than messing with the other player?

• Marigoria

I mean, do I have a chance of victory when I'm in a 2v1 when 2 of my team mates dced at 5 gens? No. Is this bullying? No.

• Percival_nxs
    edited December 2021

i didnt deleted it, i was editing it, and when sending it just disappeared dont know how, i know it sounds strange, but i believed that you deleted the comment i was replying lol

oh look, the comment is up there :\

• Marigoria

No. I'm well aware that people who hack a lot of the times dont get banned. But saying what these survivors were doing is "exploiting" is a reach. None of what they did was an exploit. Annoying? Maybe. Exploit? No.

• RainehDaze
    edited December 2021

It would be if they slugged your buddy and body blocked you in a corner, though.

Stop selectively responding to my posts and taking them in isolation. It's not that complicated; if a team can obviously win but deliberately won't achieve their winning condition, only letting the game end when they're bored of it (or were relying on an exhaustible resource), then their goal is not to win and escape. If it was, the game would have ended as soon as that was possible, and everyone would have taken their BP and moved on.

Now, playing a hopeless game isn't fun, and we should all be aware that this isn't fun--but, at least, equally aware that it should therefore end quick, and we can move on. This leaves three options:

1) they're trying to do a tome challenge. Okay, and they should then finish the challenge and move on, right?

2) they have all the empathy and awareness of a carved footstool, and do not realise that the other side of this game is not, in fact, having fun with an unnecessary extra ten minutes of total failure.

3) they're out to make sure the other side of this game isn't having fun. Therefore, bullying.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    edited December 2021

Otz actually said the exact opposite this year, lol. And did a video to prove it.

4k with each Killer back-to-back | Dead by Daylight - YouTube

I will say this, these forums are Killer-sided and need a nerf! 44 upvotes for your statement.

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699

in the long run survivor beats killer! I main killer and it will stay that way (i also play survivor and really good with survivor, i just main killer) because i will never main survivor. I dont play swf and if i do its without coms 100% of the time, therefore im dying from playing well because of my team most of the time or i play well or the team is so terrible that i get one hooked at the end. I tried using my Deliverance survivor to counter this issue but alas if your the very last survivor Deliverance deactivates because end game takes priority..

Sadly killer will keep getting nerfed and survivors will continue getting buffed because the devs want it that way. Too bad they cant or rather wont balance it more. Bad maps, swf with coms (although rarer they do pop up) Adrenaline, BT's, Unbreakables, Dead Hard's to get to the safe spot in the loop! lol Its crazy how hard it is for killer!

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

Yes, those Forums here are killer-sided.

What people also tend to forget - even if the Streamer in the video of the OP lost this game, he wins most of the games. Losing is pretty rare for him.

• RainehDaze

I'm still trying to work out what that has to do with finding the full half of the game where the survivors could have done a gen and left at any time but were deliberately doing locker shenanigans, flashlights through cracks, and the usual bodyblocks/drawn out looping to free someone instead to be an example of extreme jerk behaviour, myself.

And there are some people who tank their MMR and go into SWF so they can do this easier. It's not like this is a secret or unknown behaviour.

It doesn't help you win. It doesn't advance your objective even incrementally. It's something a team can only do once they've already secured the win. It should be an obvious thing to criticise, yeah? People drawing a game they've already won out for no other reason than they can and the other side doesn't like it? That's why downed survivors bleed out, after all.

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496

I just did the archive challanges and that's it. I either play for memes or as a survivor now and I'm not coming back to killer until they remove hit validation. Which means I am most likely going to spend time on something else, cause survivor is boring.

• Marigoria

Literally. There was a thread some days ago where Otz said Killer isnt as bad as everyone says and all the same people on here were like "we shouldnt balance the game because of what streamers say" and whatever.

Streamers opinions only matter when they fit their "survivor bad killer good" narrative.

Here's the thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/298720/otzdarva-is-proving-you-that-the-game-is-not-survivor-sided

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    edited December 2021

You hear that killer players, just quit your job and play Dead by Daylight for 8,000 hours and you won't get bullied!