Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Continuous crashes since the introduction of the bone chill event.

_NIGHTMARE_
_NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
edited September 2022 in Bug Reporting

Issue: Multiple crashes that have been happening more frequently since the Winter Bone Chill event update.

Playing on: PC laptop.

Platform: Steam.

Specs:

Device name: DESKTOP-B5FNEJT

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)

Product ID: 00330-51687-93391-AAOEM

System type: 64-bit operating system, ×64-based processor

Windows specifications:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 20H2

Installed on: 11/05/2021

OS Build: 19042.1415

Detailed issue:

So I've been having crashes a lot on my laptop. This only happens when playing DbD and happens more often when playing killer than survivor.

When playing yesterday night from 9-11:45pm, I had a total of four separate crashes (incurring no DC penalty, oddly enough).

When playing today at roughly 12:30, I had another crash.

Usually by now, I've completed the Rift (which I've paid for and was hoping to claim all rewards.)

Attempts to resolve the issue:

I've updated my PC Laptop to the latest version.

Verified game files on Steam.

Updated DbD to the latest version.

Checked my WiFi is decent enough (full bars at most times, doesn't drop below three bars.)

Parting note:

I'm beginning to get pretty sick of this, I'm sorry but please fix the issue; hopefully this information will help.

Post edited by Mandy on
1 votes

Addressed · Last Updated

This sounds more like a technical issue, please post on our tech sub forum if you still require assistance. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

This discussion has been closed.