The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hook idea

Make it one stage long and be on the struggle but with skill checks that slowly go faster and faster no time limit. Hooking a good team 3 times each with second chance perks is no longer "fun".

Comments

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

You want struggle with skill checks? If so then no.
    Struggling is already awful.

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179

Well, what is "fun" and "not fun" are subjective to the person in question, I wouldn't say being hooked is fun period personally. What you're suggesting could work in theory only if the skill checks are what drains a person's life and not time, but if that were the case then the skill checks would never get more difficult due to the easiest being easy to pass. You'd have to the hybridize the skill checks and time together in some fashion in order to compensate for this and ultimately it'd become a real mess compared to the current straightforward system. So no, struggling is fine as it is now, it could be improved to have more activity while on it to be sure but not in that way.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Whispers23 said:
    You want struggle with skill checks? If so then no.
    Struggling is already awful.

It is awful because you just hammer space like an idiot.
    Playing survivor requires no brain at all because most of the you hold M1 or spamm buttons, thats what I hate most about playing survivor

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Ghost_Potato said:
    Make it one stage long and be on the struggle but with skill checks that slowly go faster and faster no time limit. Hooking a good team 3 times each with second chance perks is no longer "fun".

agreed would love to see hook changes maybe then camping wont be a complaint from survivors well we can dream

• friendlykillermain

@Aerys said:
    Well, what is "fun" and "not fun" are subjective to the person in question, I wouldn't say being hooked is fun period personally. What you're suggesting could work in theory only if the skill checks are what drains a person's life and not time, but if that were the case then the skill checks would never get more difficult due to the easiest being easy to pass. You'd have to the hybridize the skill checks and time together in some fashion in order to compensate for this and ultimately it'd become a real mess compared to the current straightforward system. So no, struggling is fine as it is now, it could be improved to have more activity while on it to be sure but not in that way.

i feel if each time you passed the skill check the next one would move faster and the success area would get smaller and each failed one would continue the trend also each failed skill check would take 5% of your health and add one to it each additional fail but also if a survivor can hit 3 or 5 great skill checks in succession then they automatically become unhooked as if they succeeded in a escape attempt that way its more skill driven then rng also less hook time means survivors wont be as ballsy and wlll have proper fear for the killer

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179

@friendlykillermain Yeah, I suppose that could work, but I still think there should be some sort of transition at 50% HP as struggling to get off the hook vs struggling against the Entity to not have a big ol' hole punched through you are fairly different in activity. Could just do a DDR-esq sequence that slowly gets faster and faster on your march to hell, when you slip up 1/3rd of your hp gets taken lol. I would much prefer that to the space bar mashing as my space bar is loud and annoying to mash for my friends.

• friendlykillermain

@Aerys said:
    @friendlykillermain Yeah, I suppose that could work, but I still think there should be some sort of transition at 50% HP as struggling to get off the hook vs struggling against the Entity to not have a big ol' hole punched through you are fairly different in activity. Could just do a DDR-esq sequence that slowly gets faster and faster on your march to hell, when you slip up 1/3rd of your hp gets taken lol. I would much prefer that to the space bar mashing as my space bar is loud and annoying to mash for my friends.

whatever needs to happen do it i dont care if the devs fix gen rushing i feel hook time is a much bigger issue it is too long and needs to be shorter and much more frightening to be caught not an inconvience

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

doctor with unnerving presence camping the hook
    i dont see any flaws! c:

(it should seriously be unaffected by anything the killer does, otherwise doc would be as broken as nurse at that point)