I feel like Hillbilly could get massive buffs and still be balanced.

Options
thefallenloser
thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
edited December 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I feel as though Billy is a well enough conceived killer to where he could get a slew of giant buffs that put him above his old self while also still being balanced. Right now, there are numbers and weird add-ons holding him back, making him what I consider to be honestly one of the worst killers in the game, which is sad because he’s super fun to play as and against.

Obviously, the first thing to go would be the stinky stinky overheat mechanic. Having it be irrelevant to the point of overheating rarely happening if played well is not an excuse to keep it in, because it’s hogging up the spaces of 5 add-ons (though of course he shouldn’t be able to rev the saw indefinitely, so lower the time to something more like Bubba’s limit).

I’m also not keen on the idea that Billybob shouldn’t be able to use his power all the time. I don’t see why he shouldn’t. His power is pretty skillful to master and I don’t think that it’s oppressive enough to restrict players from it.

Hear me out on this one: I think that basekit Engravings would be fine (I know this one makes me sound like a depressed old Billy main, but I promise I think it’d just be really cool— why not?).

These last few are just some miscellaneous ideas I’ve had about Billybobs.

• basekit LoPro chains OR resetting the turn rate to the initial turn rate after hitting a pallet w/ LPC to offset the hitching at the pallet and distance survivors could have moved
  • reducing the time until the chainsaw become silent w/ Iridescent Brick to 0.5 seconds to offset the distance travelled, and making it actually generally useful
  • changing Tuned Carburetor so that Billy doesn’t get the (4.4) movement speed penalty until AFTER the chainsaw is released, making it generally more useful

or maybe i’m just crazy idk

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450
    Options

Idk. He definitely has the weakest instadown in the game, but I don't think you can really buff him without insta-saw. There's too much junk and corners and weird hitboxes in the more modern maps for him to be as good as I'm sure he is was in old DBD. Overheat doesn't do anything so I wouldn't mind seeing that become an actual mechanic. Maybe the higher his heat the quicker his chainsaw charging?

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

He should have, at minimum, the same charge time as Bubba. There's no reason anymore for his to be longer.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    Options

He the balance idea for all killer but he got nerfed for some reasons.

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500
    Options

I agree with everything in this thread

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

Addons need buffs. Iridescents could both come with turn rate. Very Rares could lose their negative effects. Overheat addons should be more liberal (activate in more situations). Rares should not activate by survivors decisions but the killers.

The rest of the uncommon and common addons are fine. Maybe unnerf the bumper Billy addons. They use to reduce the collision by more before the Sep 2020 nerf.