If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

OhToFu’s Tier List 5.4.2

Options

OhToFu released a new tier list today. I feel this guy has one of the best feels for the game and heavily weight his opinion on tier lists.

Interestingly he states the Twins is the third best killer in the game, knocking Spirit down to fourth. He also has Deathslinger at the top of A tier, coming in at seventh best.

Have yall seen his YT video yet and how’s it feel to know Twins is still considered high tier despite their complications?

Honorable mention: Hillbilly over Oni. The debate continues.

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    edited January 2022
    Options

Twins usually have the highest pick rate in comp when Nurse and Blight are banned, so it makes sense that he has them there.

The one I really disagree with is Billy. He doesn't really have a power at loops unless survivors are throwing the game and don't understand what they're playing against. If his argument for Wraith is "bad against top level players", you have to apply that same logic to Billy. Billy is literally Oni without a power once the pallet is thrown.

Post edited by edgarpoop on
  • Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,521
    Options

Twins have too much downtime to be that good even assuming it’s an amazing twins player. COH and dead hard validation kick her down to b tier imo

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 943
    Options

twins ability to both chase one survivor and camp another on the other side of the map can't be overlooked especially at higher mmr where being in two places at once while forcing 3 survivors to not work on gens is very valuable.

the only real issue with the twins is the healing meta is a big counter to them but if that ever changes we will see the twins regain popularity.

also with the recent nerf to spirit she struggles at higher mmr unless she brings her best addons at average mmr she is fine.

• Phasmamain
    Options

He is assuming the player has mastered the killer. In the case of deathslinger an old slinger could pretty much hit a shot anywhere. That is A tier worthy imo

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500
    Options

Yea again I'm not trying to sound rude but just play him I'm serious

I main slinger

He can't hit half the shots he used to nowadays

Vs a good swf he'd get destroyed he has him right next to hag

Hag actually stands a chance vs a good swf

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,850
    Options

Can’t we say the same about Artist? She can be at multiple places at once yet be put her below Twins and Spirit. I say Twins has bad time efficiency because Victor can’t hook survivors, Charlotte has to go all the way where Victor ended up to get a hook state.

Spirit also has more potential for faster downs than Victor as well, due to being faster and invisible.

• Phasmamain
    Options

Exactly I’m talking about before the nerf he was justifiably A tier. Now he’s probably low B

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    edited January 2022
    Options

Deathslinger was S tier in his prior list and I think it was reasonable. He’s able to make shots on players in an eighteen meter radius around him. Mixed with the shorter terror radius, he was soooo good in chase that he didn’t need gen regression at all. He would just tear through survivors in chases.

They 100% nerfed that, but if you play with identical builds, you can achieve the same results. I’ve been doing really really well with Slinger these last couple of weeks after reverting back to my prenerf build.

Thing is monitor was always highly useful on him. Now it’s practically mandatory. STBFL remains one of his best perks; giving him access to the hit-shot-hit combo. It still works. It comes down to getting used to when to pull the trigger. The insta-ADS shot is gone. Adapt.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    Options

Honestly, I can’t complain about his thoughts on most killers. Twins is crazy good, and the ridiculous downplaying most do with them is hilarious. I agree they’re top 5, maybe not 3 but Victor is one of the strongest powers in the game. I’m also glad to see Billy and Slinger up there, as both are still very good killers. People like to over exaggerate their demise. Billy and Slinger both just went from S to A tier killers after each of their respective nerfs.

Was a good watch, like to see other people’s opinions who know the game.

• Steel_Eyed
    Options

I agree. The lowballing of these killers (Deathslinger, Twins, Hillbilly in particular) always made me feel awesome when I achieved better results played with them then the tier lists said could be done. This list feels reasonable.

The only one I’m tempted to place down is Artist because I believe the counterplay already exists and is really damaging.

• LoneSlinger
    Options

I agree with that 100% sorry didn't try to come across as argumentative

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,048
    edited January 2022
    Options

Artist's crows are much, much harder to control than victor, and you can't camp / hold a totem very well with the birds, compared to victor.

Spirit is much better, but tends to have the same issue Jackal has (I.e banned every 2 seconds)

• emodeshort
    emodeshort Member Posts: 180
    Options

If I had never heard of it, I would probably think that this tier list was made by someone who plays killer once every blue moon, it has a lot of extremely wrong positions

• Oiry
    Oiry Member Posts: 218
    Options

I watched it. Look at the tier list again. He literally rates them on a 1v1 basis. Some placements are still weird but it does explain the high placement of Slinger, for instance.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 799
    edited January 2022
    Options

On the contrary I've watched tofu off and on for years and that's exactly why I say this, he's kind of out of touch when it comes to the killer side because he barely ever plays it anymore but no disrespect to him I enjoy tofu and his content. You're more than welcome to disagree with me it's just an opinion and I mean no ill will towards you. I respect him and his opinions I just don't agree with them.

I say the same thing towards people that have out there opinions (imo lol) that never play the other side, no matter which side it is.

• LoneSlinger
    Options
  • Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Dude Deathslinger was never considered S Tier(Let alone A tier) even before the nerfs by anyone who plays killer as he was simply too slow to win most games as speed is considered the best stat in the game for killers and he has the worst overall speed in the game.

He's obnoxiously slow as he has the highest amount of self slows in the entire game at NINE from his power let alone for a 110% killer.

He also can't defend generators very well nor can he reach generators further spread out then a hard 3 gen.

• Steel_Eyed
    Options

I think you are really discounting how good he was at chase and the effect that had on generators. He was one of the best at getting downs quickly.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,867
    Options

Yeah, but Twins has the potential to exert an insane amount of pressure in a very short time. Someone downed? Leave Victor or Charlotte nearby and switch killers to put a bit of pressure somewhere else. Someone hooked? Victor or Charlotte can stay relatively close while the other is used to push gens etc.

Twins has the ability to be consistently in a chase. While Spirit ends a chase faster, she can not be in a chase for a very long time. If the average Chase on Twins takes 55 seconds, and on Spirit 40 seconds, but the time between chases is on average 10 seconds for Twins and 30 seconds for Spirit. Twins would overall win by 5 seconds on average.

• LoneSlinger
    Options

But twins gets hard countered by teams to know how to play against her and pair up in groups of two

There is no counter to spirit

• TruEternity
    Options

He wasn’t considered S tier by some, and IMO those people were wrong. I’ll go over some of those now.

1. 110 isn’t that big a difference from 115. Can it effect some loops? Sure, but it’s not like you have Nurse walk speed.
    2. He had a 24m terror radius, and with monitor could go down to 16, which was smaller than his spearguns distance (18m)
    3. Instant usage of a power that could not be reacted to. You could guess when he’d use it, but then it’s just a mind game in Slingers favor, heavily so.
    4. Can’t be looped anywhere but safe pallets, and those would have to be predropped.

People underestimate how impactful winning 1v1 is, and slinger was top 4 in that department, he’s now just top 10. The reason Blight and Spirit are so good is they have mobility AND chase potential. Wraith is extremely mobile but can’t win chases quickly, and is usually considered C tier or worse. Winning chases is the name of the game, and Slinger is a top 10 killer at that, even after his nerf.

• LoneSlinger
    Options

I hate to inform you of this but you clearly haven't played a lot of slinger post nerf if you believe any of that

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 915
    Options

Oni can't rev his power up at will. Billy can at least kick the pallet then rev on command.

• TruEternity
    Options

Sorry, those points were referring to pre-nerf Slinger. He doesn’t have all that anymore, which is fine. He doesn’t need all that to still be a very good killer.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824
    Options

You'd realize that if you played him at all pre-nerf.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,867
    edited January 2022
    Options

There is plenty of counters to current day Spirit: pre-dropping pallets gives you more than enough phasing sound to avoid getting hit. You can hear which direction she's phasing in from, so you can pre-walk or even pre-run towards a loop that is away from where she's coming from. Once she has used her power, it takes 3x the amount to recover, with recovery addons being nerfed quite significantly. You dont really need perks

Twins' only real issues right now, is boon Exponential, but no one really runs that, and a smidge of Circle of Healing. Unbreakable is a 1-time issue. No Mither is a bonus.

Twins doesnt really have too much vanilla gameplay that can be used against her, while Spirit does have some.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,403
    Options

Deathslinger and Twins are bottom of the barrel killers. His tier list is completely laughable.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

There is a lot of stuff I disagree with it. 12 of the Killers are placed in a wrong spot imo, whether that be to low or too high

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732
    Options

Yikes that Oni placement...

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419
    Options

Oni forces people to heal or get punished by revving his power. Billy can kick the pallet and still succumb to Overheat so he can't really rev his power on command either. This literally proves how Oni is just better than Billy aside from what's already obvious. Billy's power is now so less of a threat that you can use it anytime you want if you can manage Overheat. Oni's Blood Fury is so good that it has to be locked behind a power up mechanic.

A master Billy that can curve is still just Billy, he'll hit a few shots on people that underestimate him to start the match because its hard to use him and most people using him aren't at that level. After that they'll make a small adjustment and continue to abuse windows/vaults.

With Oni people might pre-drop and waste resources early to deny early hits but that only raises the pressure and is another reason why he's better. You can slide off surfaces way easier in Demon Dash and land shots with higher reward because it can hit multiple people! The snowball pressure is way better, really not even close