Iridescent shards should be easier to earn

As a player who dosen't have the money to buy auric cells to gain access to cosmetics, the only way I could get the 10/10 cosmetics is if I grind iridescent shards by leveling up. And just to put into context how much effort is required to get the sufficient iridescent shards for ONE cosmetic piece I am currently level 52 on dead by daylight and only then could I get the iridescent shards required to buy one perk from the shrine of secrets and I had the choice to either get a cosmetic or save up again to get a killer 

I'm fine with having to spend hours grinding to buy a KILLER (little side note: it kinda sucks that that I can't buy liscened killers with iridescent shards but I recon because they're liscened and the cost isn't ridiculous it isn't much of an issue) , but leveling up roughly 51 Times (51 times because everyone starts at level 1 not level 0 and im level 52) just to have enough iridescent shards to consider a cosmetic is ridiculous.

Here's what I propose:
1) lower the cost of the cosmetics, anyone who bought cosmetics with either iridescent shards or auric cells before the price drop would be entitled to free auric cells or iridescent shards depending how much money they spent on cosmetics

2)lootboxes, players spend 500ish iridescent shards to buy a lootbox that could have anything from a basic teachable perk to a really nice cosmetic (different lootboxes would cost more iridescent shards depending on rarity)

3)increase the amount of iridescent shards earned when leveling up which would reward the player for playing the game

4)each week or month, the player gets a certain amount of iridescent shards depending on their rank, I believe many people would like this idea because at the moment of writing quiet a few players don't see the point in ranking because their isn't a reward for being good at the game, just a rank 

Comments

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    edited November 2018
    Quirkle said:
    1) lower the cost of the cosmetics, anyone who bought cosmetics with either iridescent shards or auric cells before the price drop would be entitled to free auric cells or iridescent shards depending how much money they spent on cosmetics
    No need for compensation for those who already paid. Thats like going to a clothing store and say "I paid full price for this dress a few weeks ago. You now have it on sale, so I want part of my money back"  Its ridiculous to ask for that. When you pay for something, you agree to pay that price, regardless of the currency or whether the goods are virtual or real.

Quirkle said:
    2)lootboxes, players spend 500ish iridescent shards to buy a lootbox that could have anything from a basic teachable perk to a really nice cosmetic (different lootboxes would cost more iridescent shards depending on rarity)
    Please, please, no.

The other two are fine, though I am satisfied with my Irridescent Shard earnings.
  • mudbloodwolfie
    mudbloodwolfie Member Posts: 37
    Quirkle said:
    Here's what I propose:

3)increase the amount of iridescent shards earned when leveling up which would reward the player for playing the game

4)each week or month, the player gets a certain amount of iridescent shards depending on their rank, I believe many people would like this idea because at the moment of writing quiet a few players don't see the point in ranking because their isn't a reward for being good at the game, just a rank 
    I agree cosmetics need to cost less while killers/survivors and perks costs remain the same. I also think we should get more irredescent for leveling up. Rather than reset amount after hitting 100, keep increasing the amount earned like it was! And i also agree that there should be some kind of reward for seasonal player ranking. At the current cost of anything with irredescent and the fact that it resets every month, even 500 irresdescent for being rank 1 and descending from there would be SOMETHING. People are so adamant about NOT being top rank because of the difficulty and lack of reward that they will purposely derank themselves to have easier, more enjoyable matches. There is no repercussions for such so why wouldnt they? 90% of this is definitely something that should be pushed for.
  • Erdbeermilch
    Erdbeermilch Member Posts: 34

Lootboxes? Just NO!

Seriously, why are people asking for that scum in a game? It is enough the way it is at the moment. Surely some adjustments on the prices, earnings and saisonal rewards would be nice but for gods sake NO LOOLBOXES!!

This discussion has been closed.