Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Solo Queue Improvement Suggestion

Hey!

So, I just read the developer update, and I play solo survivor a lot. The potential for a system to let me know what my teammates are doing made me pretty excited. I understand that this is only in the very beginning of an idea. However, I have a suggestion.

A call-out system. Similar to other games, where they have pings on locations or callouts. I would like to see a sort of quip wheel that has pre-geberated messages like "Rescuing from the hook!" "The killer's chasing me!" Or "The killer is camping". Simple callouts like those would add to trying to bridge the gap between solo queue and SWF.

Comments

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

At the very least, maybe a button dedicated to saying "I am going for an unhook!" would help tremendously in terms of communication.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Yeah, a built in emote system to let solos manually select an icon for what they’re doing could be useful. I doubt they’d go with actual voiced emotes though, recording “I’m going for a rescue” for every survivor would be kind of a pain in the ass to do.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Yeah the status icon won't really do much tbh. I would rather every survivor have the obsession claw, since it would be more helpful to know if someone is on getting chased. But ultimately what would really close the gap is having a pre-made chat system like in the battlefield games.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

add can see others survivors perks too. Help too

• Mokdroh
    Mokdroh Member Posts: 55

Perhaps if the game had built-in character specific voice lines saying those things in a proximity-chat like manner, that the Killer could also hear if close enough. Otherwise it provides the Survivors with means of communication which doesn't actually make sense and which give them a significant advantage in terms of information over the Killer in ways that the game is obviously not designed for.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

Wait, now we can see what perks others have? It would be great!

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,236

Callouts are actually one of the few ideas to "bridge the gap" that wont accidentally buff swf too.

Unlike the automatic status icons, theres still player input on when to ping and what, only slightly less detailed.

As for pinging locations other than your own, it'd probably be overpowered to habe a laser pointer on the killer at all times.