The Cannibal needs adjusting

Pandamonium31
Pandamonium31 Member Posts: 25
edited January 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I play Cannibal frequently whenever I do decide to play killer, and from the perspective of playing Leatherface, and playing against Leatherface, I just feel like he should be nerfed.

I had two suggestions in mind;

• Reduce the boost in movement speed he gets when performing a Chainsaw Sweep
  • or
  • When a survivor is downed by his Chainsaw Sweep, he stops the sweeping attack. (This would mean Iridescent Head would become a much more useful add-on, and actually make sense situationally)

Regarding the latter, I know this makes him slightly more like The Hillbilly, but I think the difference in character dynamics still creates very different playstyles.

What does everyone think? If you disagree, I'd be happy to hear why you think Leatherface is justified as he is.😄

Comments

• Fantasy
    Fantasy Member Posts: 451

I think his movement speed is fine.

One thing I would say is his power is super strong and he doesn't need to do anything to earn it, like Nemesis does for example.

If he didn't start with his chainsaw straight away and had some sort of rage would be kinda cool but I'm just brainstorming. Would help to stop early facecamping.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

Leatherface does not seem to be overperforming atm, even tho his Power is pretty easy to use and learn.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Both your suggestions for nerfs are rather unnecessary.

Reduce his chainsaw sweep speed and you bring him back to the issue his old version had where you had to be really close to even have a chance to land a chainsaw hit.

The multi hit chainsaw is his identity and there's no reason to remove a killers identity.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
  • ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Want 5 Blink Nurse back into the game? Those stats are meaningless

• Munqaxus
    edited January 2022

I love this argument because it means people don't understand what "average" means.

Nurse underperforms severely when novice players begin learning her, usually resulting in 4 escapes over and over again. However, when she is played by an experienced player (which there are way fewer of), then she gets consistent 4 kills. When you "average" those 2 levels together, it does show she is underperforming on average. If Nurses "novice" game was buffed a lot and her "experience" game was nerfed a lot, then she would be closer to "average". However, I bet you don't want that. (Maybe improve her movement to Trapper speeds but reduce her blinks to 1 with a long cooldown). It improves her playstyle for novice players but nerfs her playstyle for experienced players.

Leatherface, on the other hand, outperforms with beginning players and with experienced players. Indicating he is "overperforming" on average across all skill levels.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

How is Bubba overperforming with experienced players. Windows turn him into an M1 Killer, even with Bamboozle, since there's so many Windows that loop into each other. Only thing that Bubba has on experienced players is his camping potential, which is the only thing that makes him dangerous

• Pandamonium31

I get everyone's points, about his identity, about old Leatherface being a bit weak, etc., but I've been in (and can put survivors in if wanted) situations where you're just unhooked and a Leatherface comes straight back and downs you AND your teammate easily, especially if you having camping Leatherfaces. I try play a fair game by properly leaving hooked survivors to be saved and even healed if they're good enough, but a 4K is almost every game, and I'm not the best player when it comes to killer. I just wanted to see what other people thought of his place in the current meta as I felt he's a bit too over powered right now. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that even me playing a fair game can get a 4K, but usually when I go up against Leatherfaces, they tend to proxy camp A LOT, despite his power already being very strong, making any game against Leatherface quite miserable....🤷🏻‍♂️

• Munqaxus

Just according to the developer stats. In all honesty, I was responding to @Emeal saying that he wasn't overperforming, while the developer stats are showing he's overperforming. So I'm curious where his data comes from.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

Using dev stats to disprove people would make more sense if the stats were accurate, which they aren't

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

Depends on what you mean by overperforming? I dont see 7% as a huge problem, not an excuse to gut and destroy his power.

Which is probably why his addons are getting adjusted next patch. The developers, unlike you, are able to see which makes and addons cause the most overperforming. I dont use addons on Bubba.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Bubba performs as well as he does because...

1) he's a one-shot killer, so he's not dealing with the CoH BS most are currently.

2) He's a generally well rounded due to his kit's simplicity. He has some rough maps but none that effectively gut him like Billy does.

3) He's pretty simple. He's harder than people give him credit for, particularly against higher level survivors, but his general gameplan is pretty formulaic.

4) He and Trickster are the best campers in the game, bar none. He's a multi-hit killer that can one-shot. This makes rescues against him a death sentence and enables some pretty dirty but effective strategies.

Honestly? I'm fine with how he is. He has counterplay and can be looped as long as you don't get greedy. Keep an eye out for Bamboozle though...

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited January 2022

I play Leatherface when I'm in a bad mood and I will definitely camp 🙄🤦 Imo, this killer is weak against looping and strong if camping. This is not balanced at all.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

The stats take everything into account, from games in low MMR to games in high MMR. The huge amount of people in low MMR brackets artificially increase the Kill rates, if there were MMR specific kill rates, maybe they'd be more specific

• Munqaxus

I wish the developers would break down data per game level. Have a novice, mid and expert for each killer.

I really don't understand the secrecy anyway.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

Me neither, I don't even understand why the SBMM is hidden, other than proving that it doesn't work 90% of the time

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Leatherface is barely mid-tier at best.

• Pandamonium31
    edited January 2022

This is definitely something I agree with, and think is unbalanced. No, not every killer needs to be equal at loops and proxy camping, as lots of killers like Hag, Trapper, etc. are made for territorial-type gameplay. Are you guaranteed to be miserable after going up against a Trapper/Hag who proxy camps? No, because the game was designed so that their powers could be countered if smart, and in the same way, their add-ons were designed to counter the counters to their powers (Rusty Shackles/Bloody Coil) Is there a counter to Bubba's power? No. If a Bubba camps your teammate on hook, are you going to go save them? No. Is that player going to have an enjoyable time/not be forced to lose a pip? No. I don't see how this isn't considered over-powered....

Post edited by Pandamonium31 on
  • fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Simple, because 3 man escape is still a victory.

Survivors are team, so killing a person at the cost of losing doesn't really considered overpowered.

A problem? maybe, but I'm pretty sure no nerfs can fix this without practically removing him.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

And that is only because people give him kills instead of leaving.