Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - Doctor's Static Blast occasionally does nothing

CheesyBabyBoi
CheesyBabyBoi Member Posts: 234
edited January 2022 in Bug Reporting

This has happened in only two matches, but the situations for both have been the same.

I'm playing in public matches as the killer doctor, I'm walking up to a generator that I know people are working on, directly looking at the generator, charging the blast as I approach. The blast goes off, I see the static cloud circle move past the generator, and it seemingly has zero effect. I arrive at the generator a moment later to watch people in that moment stop working on the generator and begin to run away, and i cry a little bit on the inside.

In the two situations:

::it hasn't seemed to matter how long the game has been going off, or if the survivors have already been afflicted with any madness

::it has only occurred when multiple people are working on the same generator, on sides perpendicular to each other

::it has only occurred when there was one person not working on a generator off to the side, also improperly unaffected by the blast

Also, i believe it happened once when someone was behind a generator, not working on it, and they were alone, but i'm a little fuzzy on the details for that particular instance.

Im using the perks Tinkerer II, Agitation II, Overcharge II, and Hex: Huntress Lullaby II (and maybe Overwhelming Presence II also im not sure)

addons were usually very rare Restraint notes and electrode, or some other very rare notes with an electrode.

Offering was Devout blood wreath

Could be something to do with a Spine Chill perk a survivor had, or Situational awareness, I'm not sure.

I wondered it could be attributed to me releasing the ability button too quickly, but I repeated the bug while holding it intently

I've attatched the nabbed log file as instructed

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,762

You said you had tinkerer equipped; if you use static blast while that's active, it won't do anything.

Static blast range is tied directly to the terror radius and undetectable forces it to shrink to 0; therefore the blast can't go anywhere (sometimes it will look like it still does, but it doesn't).

(Also fwiw, you mentioned spine chill - that wouldn't stop it at all.)