Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is Pinhead still an NFT?

Gyro
Gyro Member Posts: 11

I don't know about you guys but I keep hearing from multiple people that they didnt need to contribute to an NFT to buy Pinhead. I'm aware and also very excited to see Doug Bradley coming back to voice Pinhead, so does that mean Pinhead wont be an NFT anymore? or am I just late to everything

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    edited January 2022

Pinhead in DbD is not directly related to NFTs and you can buy him just like any other killer/chapter.

though the model BHVR created was used to create NFTs and the license holder did give out Chapter codes for buying those NFTs (though you had only a slim chance to actually win the code and it would have been easier and probably cheaper to just buy the chapter directly)

people were/are upset because buying Pinhead in DbD would indirectly support the NFTs as it was part of the contract between BHVR and the license holder. Also it was kinda held secret that NFTs were involved for a while even after the chapter was already released and bought by many. So people were unknowingly (indirectly) supporting NFTs.

also some (maybe all?) of the devs/designers at BHVR were not even aware of the NFT involvement..

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,840
    edited January 2022

No, the whole NFT thing has been over since november, they've replaced the dbd model NFT with an NFT art piece of Pinhead that is completely unrelated to DBD or BHVR.

Apart from the now outdated October FAQ, if you go to boss protocol's site, you'll see that there is no mentions of BHVR or DBD anymore. (Yes, even the %100 licensed from BHVR part is gone)

Also the dbd pinhead model NFTs were never made available for purchase in the first place, the images used for said NFTs was the only thing posted of it on twitter, unlike the new pinhead NFT art piece which you can buy on boss protocol's site now.

• Mooks

has it been somewhere confirmed that the NFTs are unrelated to DbD or BHVR? What is the actual source now?

• Smoe

They haven't been vocal about it, only thing we have is Boss Protocol showcasing the new NFT back in november, but considering that as mentioned in my previous post that all prior mentions of DBD and BHVR has been removed from their site and that the new NFT is not the DBD model of Pinhead but an art piece instead made by someone unrelated to BHVR, i think it's safe to say that the backlash caused Boss Protocol to change the NFT because of it.

Also the old DBD NFTs has not been posted about or been brought up again after the new NFT art piece made it's debut.

• Mooks

that…. Sounds like something BHVR could have mentioned??

also, do you happen to know who created the new art piece/where the actual source is?

• Smoe
    edited January 2022

Boss Protocol is the only one who has been talking about the new NFT since november, here is one of their tweets about it with the artist's name included.

Also while i would like myself if BHVR made an update about it, i think it's fair to also point out that BHVR has to begin with barely posted about the NFTs, only thing they posted about were the 2 clarifications and the announcement of the pinhead NFTs, now that the NFT is no longer related to them nor the game, it's not something they need to cover on their official twitter account.

• Smoe

Also something else that further proves that BHVR and BP is no longer partnering, if you go to Boss Protocol's site and check the tab about their partners, BHVR does not appear on the list.

• Mooks

Thank you for the info 😊

i appreciate it very much! Still would have loved some clarification from BHVR directly though

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Wait...why didn't they clarify that information a long time ago? Would've saved them a lot of grief.

Just seems off.

• Smoe

Agree, it could have saved them alot, but like most games that has a social media account such as twitter, they only post and talk about things that's related to their game since that's what said accounts are dedicated to in most cases, and now that the NFT is no longer something related to DBD or BHVR, it's not something they're gonna talked about on official game accounts.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Just forget anything you heard about NFTs.

If you buy Pinhead DLC you are not buying or getting any NFT.