Unfun killer tactics are way too effective for little effort

Sluzzy
Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I say too effective but you could also say they are overpowered, hence killers are overpowered.

Before someone comes at me that “Sluzzy, a 4 man SWF can counter those or good survivors can deal with it”.  My answer: If it takes a perfect 4 man SWF to overcome something, there is a huge balancing problem.

One player should never, by default, simply win against an average team because builtin killer tactics are free and too strong.  The devs might say it is a strategy, well I have an answer there too, it is an unskillful strategy that is too strong. The survivor side does not have a default unskillful strategy that gives a huge advantage. Survivors are expected to become and get a PHD from looping school before they can keep killers away for longer than 10 seconds. Casuals can’t deal with it and it drives away players.  Stealth is almost non-existent so being seen by killers seem to be how everyone plays.

Now, I’m not about limiting killers. I believe strongly in big agency where players can play how they want as I feel that is contributed to DBD’s tremendous success but I feel like these killers strategies are simply too effective.  When the game first came out, survivors were so much stronger so these killer strategies were warranted strong. But now that survivors are greatly nerfed over time, killers need adjustments. I am constantly facing killers winning because they camp or tunnel someone out of the match and the survivors are not compensated. Then in many matches the survivors give up because of an unwinnable way to win. The hatch and EGC mechanic are very unfair now.  

Make the hook timer a little slower if the killer is camping. Make decisive strike cause the killer to lose the sense of sound so he can’t hear which direction the survivor is going after a strike. No scratch marks for 10 seconds after a successful strike. If the killer is stabbed, he could lose some of his senses for a little while. There is so much that can be done to deter camping and tunneling.

The Entity needs to help in these dire situations. If all four are slugged unnecessarily, why not give one a helping hand, especially at 5 gens still remaining.  Is the Entity not feeding on hope or is that simply a lie? I am so tired of going into survivor matches and seeing steam roll and after steam roll. And these killers find it fun or would not want a challenge?

Decisive Strike was overnerfed and needs a buff now. It’s never been buffed, only nerfed. If it is actually labeled as an anti-tunnel perk, then it should be one. It’s not one.  Meta killers ignore it and down them instantly again. It’s almost like a survivor with 3 perks and a tiny 5 second stun that the killer don’t even mind.

Not every game is a 4 man perfect SWF that can deal with these powerful killer tactics, there needs to be something done to help 96% of the games where it is overpowered. But done in a way that doesn’t make the perfect SWFs any stronger.

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I missed these

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,342

That is... on point, actually.

Especially when you mention that EGC sucks. It is a pity that most people do not share that vision of ours.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited January 2022

If they would buff basekit gen kicking -> faster regression / some flat % removed with each, they could nerf camping / tunneling. They just need to make chasing other survivors / protecting gens more effective than camping / tunneling. So it will become a thing that will be done basically only when you pissed off that killer, or endgame.

But you can't really buff survivors with argument tunnel / camp. That is exactly same as you can't buff killers with argument SWF.

Both have same reason, if you buff survivors, there will basically be only camping / tunneling valid. Same for if you buff killers because of SWF, soloQ would go to #########.

It would be way better to nerf it and buff something else from same side. Mainly this way it's easier to balance it, then trying to nerf both sides.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

tbh sluzzy has been making some good points in his posts..

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

People talking about themselves in the second person is not a very common occurance.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,725

from the point of view of exclusively solo + nurse main, Sluzzy's posts make a lot of sense. it's why i had to double check a couple posts back if they play mostly solo or not, because that would be the difference between "doesn't understand how the game works" and "is frustrated at the neglect of solo survivor over the years leading to the current state of the game".

i dont agree with everything, obviously, but their posts are a lot... less meme-y, with that in mind.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

How much you exaggerate kind of ruins your points here. You greatly underestimate the strength of survivors and overestimate the strength of killers. I do agree with some of the things in this post but you need to stop exaggerating to be taken seriously. Some points you make are good but take this advice when you post more.

• HaunterofShadows
    edited January 2022

They never said the game was killer sided. They said they agreed with some of the points

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I love you so much Sluzzy

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Swf isn't "op" anyway. As they pointed out in the main post, "only a very coordinated swf" which is far from the *average* swf

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

Blight is not OP as long as you dont hold W.

You see him humping car? Hold w as he will slide. Its not a brainer to counter his rushes.

SoloQ is more of a problem of crouch walkers, locker hiders, and those who i have no idea what they do, but definetly not gens.

Pressuring BHVR and get anyhow nerf to tunneling or camping.

Okay with me, but then disabled chance to exploit (body blocks, using same skins, etc). What will you give in a return? Longer time to repair?

I dont tunnel, I try to get 8H before starting sacrifices. What is an outcome? Bad manners on exit gate or getting called tunneler cos its not survivor problem to get sacrificed.

MMR is based on a kills and escapes. Seems a bit clumsy doesnt it? balance on 2K 2E but to climb up you need 3-4K.

Core mechanics is the biggest issue of dbd, yet all fingers point to us vs them

And with soloQ < killer < swf

core mechanics, maps, and BM which lead to “time to sweat”.

Killer fluctuate between mmr ranks. So…one game you dominate and other you get dominated. It is just a cursed limbo.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

If you can't loop the killer for longer than you would gain time by running in a straight line after being hit then just run in a straight line, buying time is the counter to these stats if they start them with enough time on their side they win if they don't they lose, just run in advance, and loop well or waste time before you die well

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

This is a very good post. I agree with all of it.

• HaunterofShadows
    edited January 2022

Oh yeah totally. The height of comedy. Some threads are so exaggerated its amazing

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

You can't really remove this like no matter what'll happen people will still Tunnel and Camp as it helps the killer. Survivors have plenty of tactics that can help them finish gens quickly and as you said perks that help you with Tunneling and Camping BT or DS and when you say it needs a buff don't forget that DS made killers juggle the survivors back in the day to avoid the DS.

If someone is being tunneled or camp well do the gens beat the killer and that player could realize this isn't the greatest idea I should try for chases instead or they just wanna do it for the lols in there minds as a bunch of games have players do stuff that others hate. A lot of killers though mainly do it cause they believe you can only win by just camping and tunneling because of SBMM they constantly keep getting good teams that they just do this stuff cause it resolves around kills and not hooks or chases.

Just bring Kindred if you're playing solo and going against a camping killer if they're camping leave them that survivor's role has been chosen and now that survivor can either help his team buy sitting on the hook and waste the killers time so the rest of the team can do gens or they either quit/give up in the game making the killer have less pressure. Even than if they do that one good survivor is all it takes to loop a killer and the other 2 do the gens I've seen it happen many times from playing killer and survivor.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Now, I’m not about limiting killers. I believe strongly in big agency where players can play how they want as I feel that is contributed to DBD’s tremendous success

This is one part of the post.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,342
  • SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Poe’s Law strikes again.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

What are these stupid reasons? Please tell me it's a bad joke. You can't be serious. If you are, sorry to say but you sound like a crybaby.