New BP Grade Reward

Pandamonium31
Pandamonium31 Member Posts: 25
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

There might have been someone who's posted about this already, but as I'm sure you all know, ranking Iridescent I-IV rewards you with 700,000 - 1,000,000 BP, post January 13th's rank reset. Now, don't get me wrong, this is brilliant, and made me very happy. Thing is, this raises the question of the 1,000,000 BP limit.

Of course, you're rewarded for you rank as Killer and Survivor separately. Now generally, players play one role better than the other, but that's not to say that you won't rank high in both. So....

Let's say hypothetically you get an Iridescent Rank as Survivor, and a high Gold Rank as Killer, the BP reward you are due is bound to be over 1,000,000 BP. Yet, there still exists the BP limit of 1,000,000.

Does anyone know if BHVR has plans to rework this feature pre-February 13th, maybe afterwards, or not at all?

Of course, I understand that 1,000,000 BP is worth a lot of progression, and BHVR might not want players to overly progress after each season, but the incentive to push your rank higher lessens, especially if you hit Iridescent I as Survivor/Killer.

What do y'all think?

Comments

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

I don't think BHVR ever plans to change it, unfortunately.

Let's just be thankful the BP Grade Rewards can go over the BP cap.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

They might address it during the Q and A, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Actually, I can tell you exactly what they will say, "we are working on a new prestige system that we will reveal further details of soon."

• cantelope
    cantelope Applicant Posts: 343

Rewards don't contribute to your 1M limit.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Right okay so here's how the devs have explained it before.

Bloodpoints you earn from matches are put into the "Regular" Pool. This is capped at 1mil.

Bloodpoints you earn from log-in bonuses, Grade Reset, The Archives, or Daily Rituals are put into the "Bonus" Pool. This is capped much closer to 999mil.

The Bonus Pool is always consumed first- say you have 3,000 Bonus points and 4,000 Regular points, those 3,000 Bonus points will always be spent first.

• Pandamonium31
    Pandamonium31 Member Posts: 25

Ahhh, thank you, this makes it so much clearer now. Does this mean that even if you have over 1,000,000 BP in your Bonus Pool that you can still earn BP in your regular pool if you haven't hit its 1,000,000 BP limit?

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

Well see, the problem with increasing the blood point limit is that I'm 99% sure it was changed originally to prevent hackers from just giving themselves huge volumes of BP without it being suspicious.

However, BHVR has done seemingly less than nothing about hackers over the years considering the huge volume of complaints that reach the forums about them.

So in conclusion, its unlikely that the BP limit will go up because hackers are still around.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Yes; if your Regular pool has 400,000 BP and your Bonus pool has 1,200,000 BP you can continue to earn 600,000 Regular BP and however many in your Bonus pool.