Nurse issues post mid-chapter patch

Options
edgarpoop
edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,046

Platform: PC (Steam)

Overall Nurse feels very clean considering how much work was done to her. I ran into a few issues during my first game and figured I'd share.

1. Intermittent issue during her chain blink window where there is a slight delay in charging her second blink. It seems to occur more around obstacles in the environment or map tiles, as if the blinker is getting stuck and the blink won't begin charging until the blinker has momentum. The delay is only occurring for the first 0.3 seconds or so of the chain blink window. Only map I've been able to verify this on is Pale Rose
  2. Intermittent delay in the ability to lunge attack after performing a chain blink. I only encountered this after a chain blink, not after an initial blink. Map- Pale Rose, happened in open space in between big boat and docks
  3. I was unable to blink out of the killer shack basement of Pale Rose in any direction.
  4. I encountered an instance where I clipped through the floor of the small boat on Pale Rose and got stuck during a chain blink window. Approximate landing spot was the narrow space at the front of the boat between the generator and the bow/front. I was able to blink out of it but couldn't walk out of it.
35 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Have also noticed these bugs.

• sadakiyo
    sadakiyo Member Posts: 281
    edited January 2022
    Options

she cannot teleport forward from the left side of the killer shack on blood lodge as well

• dreamsy10
    dreamsy10 Member Posts: 142
    Options

Can confirm the bug list from above, as a nurse main; since yesterday played a lot of matches. Overall she feels smoother tho'. There is a bug with chain-blink which sometimes reduces you the maximum chain-blink distance aswell.

• marcocordon
    marcocordon Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2022
    Options

Nurse with a little cooldown between the first and second blink (Chain Blink Window). It changes the muscle memory a lot!! Also, the second blink distance seems to be decreased by 2 meters after the mid-chapter 5.5.0 update. please BHVR fix it. Don't change mechanics and muscle memory. She has a delay for activating the second blink, thus the range of the second blink decreased because of the delay

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

Not only a slight delay on a second blink, right after the first one, but the hand animation seems bugged too.

After the first blink, when you just started to charge the second one, the hand is already closed. It sometimes confusing me when I'm not trusting the sound of a blink because of delay...

Playing nurse like that would probably mess up muscle memory, so no nurses till the fix...

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 567
    Options

cow tree i couldnt blink through the stone walls nor the tree it was a nightmare because of this trying to get this survivor i also noticed these current issues the recharge on her blink is absurd with issues like this your just wasting more time. idk if its just me her blinks at times even with the power it was unresponsive having to press it a few times. annoying

• vincentodin
    vincentodin Member Posts: 3
    Options

I feel exactly the same. The max distance of the second blink is about 2/3 meters shorter than before because there is a "gap" in the chain blink window where you can't start charging the second blink.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited January 2022
    Options

I'm surprised at these things you mentioned because they sound like bugs that existed in her old code. The delayed blink was due to latency in old code but if it's happening around obstacles then that might be relevant. The delay in her lunge sounds similar to her old M1 bug, where you used your input too soon so it doesn't register. They all sound very server side related to me but I have no input outside of that

• edgarpoop
    Options

The new M1 bug definitely feels like a copy/paste of the old M1 bug

• Nina_Pants
    Nina_Pants Member Posts: 184
    Options

the second chain blink is a bit messed up now its like when you try to do a quick blink with the 2nd blink you literally just blink in place and its annoying af. might be because theres a delay or the range has been decreased idk.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

Glad you mentioned this. I definitely felt this when playing, but I hadn't played her for a month or so so just assumed I was rusty and misremembering. It was definitely a struggle to go through walls at short distances, moreso than before.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,162
    Options

She always had issues with collisions but yea I played her after the ptb went live and small blinks just get eaten up by even small objects that would have let me barely tap and blink through. I was having a lot of issues with overblinking so maybe they changed her a lot in some way

• edgarpoop
    Options

It seems like the blink interaction with survivor hitboxes changed. The survivor character model is usually blocking the blinks in relation to the objects. Or at least it seems to be

• Azarino
    Azarino Member Posts: 24
    Options

So, I posted to the community asking why my muscle memory had been struggling on our beloved Sally. Low and behold, we’re all having the same issues with her 2nd blink - or dead blinks I like to call them.

Its been an eye opening yet painful experience trying to loop down a survivor around a small obstacle, trying to tap-blink through, only to be stuck in place.

Think it’s safe to say that we should avoid Lery’s at all costs.

I really thought I sucked with my Nurse, and I still probably do - but i’m glad there’s an excuse for my poor chases and blink plays around tiny rocks.

• hex_memes
    hex_memes Member Posts: 52
    Options

For me also got The m1 bug multiple time and sumtimes my second blink doesnt go anywhere

• hex_memes
    Options

Sumtime ur blinks gets blocked by survivor coilison if u didnt know

• hex_memes
    Options

If nurse is BUGGED then they should remove the survivor coilison blocking the blink tbh

• LeFennecFox
    Options

The bugs related to her chain blink seem to be fixed after the latest update. Object collision and forced overblinking (unless you want to get a dead blink) on skinny walls/objects are still an issue though.

• LeFennecFox
    Options

I thought the huge list of changes to nurse included fixing issues with hills? They completely eat up blinks for 0 reason still. When I fully charge a blink to reach the otherside of a hill I shouldn't blink 1m onto the hill.

• edgarpoop
    Options

Might make a new thread on this one. Easier to show on video. Example: bus on Autohaven becomes a complete blink deadzone if a survivor is standing inside the bus.

• dreamsy10
    dreamsy10 Member Posts: 142
    Options

It seems that they fixed the M1 bug now, chain blink delay & distance and chain blink hand

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,278
    edited February 2022
    Options

Object collision and forced overblinking got fixed. I also tested the survivor's collision hitbox, and that is working correctly.

Post edited by Coffeecrashing on
  • Azarino
    Options

Yeah, I was aware but its been significantly worse. Even when trying to take down a looper, the tight loops are non-traversable from a short blink (dead blink)

• sadakiyo
    sadakiyo Member Posts: 281
    Options
  • Azarino
    Options

Stuck grabbing a survivor off a gen in RPD