Why do not more people play / learn Nurse?

2»

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Nah.

I'm really bad at Nurse tho.

Maybe stop insulting me because you disagree, it's childish.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541

Nurse takes a lot of time to master. Learning EXACTLY how long to charge blinks for short and mid ranges and baiting survivors to force them so you can react and catch them. It's a lot of work and then there's minor readjustments when you throw add ons in the mix. There are also gonna be survivors that are just good at baiting and punishing from having played great nurses. Nurse needs to react so when survivors force her to predict through their tile and scenery knowledge even a great nurse can have mild to moderate issues. Nurse isn't invincible and I think her trouble carrying survivors when people go for protection hits is why literally every nurse i face uses agitation with starstruck.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

It's pretty simple: she has the highest skill floor in the game, making her incredibly difficult to pick up.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Because this is literally not playable with gamepad, and which is biggest of the players.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

she's an extremely hard killer to learn and is one of the worst if you're not good with her

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

i actually thought console nurse was easier than pc. easier time estimating where you'll blink to.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

She takes forever to learn and her power is frustrating to learn. Also getting BM'd every match just for trying to learn a killer is not fun, either.

• microppman
    microppman Member Posts: 69

the simple answer is people dont have time

• Reece8u
    Reece8u Member Posts: 5

I think you have completely misunderstood the stats presented during the QnA Stream. Nurse is in the top 5 most played killers, which is why she is at the bottom of the list. Almost every person who starts up dbd for the first time thinks that playing killer is cool and playing survivor is for dumb scaredy cats. And then they look at the killer's powers and see that nurse's power is the ability to teleport to the survivor and hit them and they think "That is the most broken ability that could possibly exist, I am going to play this and destroy some people". When playing nurse, you discover 1 of 2 things. Either A: All low mmr survivors are hiding the moment they hear your terror radius, and you don't have an easy way to find them. In this case, you either switch to wraith (another top 5 played killer), or B, you patiently continue to play nurse until you get matched up against survivors who aren't afraid of you, which is when nurse gets much harder. Because once you have to deal with survivors running at you, you need to make sure that you know exactly how far to blink, have a good idea to where the survivors are, and realize that just a few missed blinks can give the survivors all the momentum they need to complete all the gens and make a 4 man escape. And at this point, you either give up on nurse until you have the map awareness to properly gage where you need to be, give up on killer after being humiliated too much, give up on the game because you don't want to play survivor, or become a part of the small population that continues to play nurse and gets good enough at her to make up for all the people who fail at her, and 4k every game to balance the statistic to around a 49% kill rate.