Please don’t change Boil Over

Options
13»

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,601
    Options

I mean, they did have problems.

Library, even before Boil Over, was a nightmare if there wasn't a hook. Same with the top floor of Thompson House.

My issue is that the Devs move glacially slow on changes. It's way easier to killswitch Boil Over than it is to mess with maps.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    Options

True enough, on all accounts.

It also does not help that the devs literally knocked 6.25% off the struggle bar with the QoL change (1 second is 6.25% of 16 seconds). Couple them together and the Survivors are basically being rewarded with 31.25% free wriggle progress.

And the devs HAD to be aware of how many 'I was at 99%!' already happened in a normal game. Killers would have to be hooking people before Survivors hit 68.75% of the wriggle bar to hook them, now. The lack of a real 'minimum' fall for 'a great height' is not helping, either.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I’m fine with removing the 25% regression but leave the struggle at 100%.

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188
    Options

boiled over with no mither soul guard in unhookable areas muahahaa

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Fix it, it can be abused.

Haven't seen ruin for a long time now, was a meh perk before the boon meta.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499
    Options

There aren't always hooks accessible when you walk down the stairs. In fact this is extremely common. You also get to fight the extra side to side the whole way.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

A. You slug them, they run unbreakable/boon/no mither.

B. You waste even more time walking down the stairs, which makes the wiggle bar go even more than if you just dropped down.

C. Agreed.

Don't nerf the perk though, just buff hook spawns. Make like 3 hooks on coal tower's second floor, 3 hooks on the second floor of the library, 3 hooks on the 2nd floor of Crotus Prenn Asylum, etc. Don't only put 1 hook on the second floors, because then they'll just be easily sabo'd, and the same stuff will happen as it is now.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Why would I change my builds when I can just leave BO nerds on the ground for like 4 minutes?

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    Options

Killers haven't really learnt to adapt. They've just learned to come onto the forums and whine and the devs encourage it.

It is, what it is.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,172
    Options

You know if we use those perks the gens will fly in 4 minutes? No i refuse to play if i see survivors with boil over and abuse it. You can play without me i'll watch youtube while you do whatever. Enjoy the depips and low bloodpoints.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

*insert survivor or killer* haven't really learnt to adapt blah blah blah...

slugging is easy but easily counterable, nothing should require you to use perks to even play with it.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

So killers have to choose between loosing all gens in 5 minutes (Agi + IG but no slowdown) and not being able to hook survivors at all (slowdown but no Agi + IG).

Great way of getting rid of any incentives a player might have to play killer!

Especially when considering that 4 survivor offerings always beat 1 killer offering.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

The real issue is entitlement. Killer players think a down is a hook, but you still need to hook that downed survivor. Killers are not owed a hook until you hook. Every streamer I see crying seems to think that a down should be a guaranteed hook. You're owed nothing in this game! Also, have to love the emotion about how unfair it is when a Survivor allocates 75-100% of their perks for one moment and gasp when they are in that situation; they excel! Every time a perk is introduced or reworked, the sky is falling, seen this with Ruin, DS, Soul Guard, Power Struggle, Stridor, etc. It's always the dramatic skewed videos showcasing the perfect moment for perks, never the countless times these things don't work.

And killers always slug so stop pretending slugging is new!

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,202
    Options

Agitation, Irongrasp, Oak offering for a single perk of 16: Boil over.

Haunted ground, Thrill of the Hunt, Undying for a single perk of 16: Circle of healing.

5 perks of 4 and an offering to counter 2 perks of 16....

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,810
    Options

On its own, I think it's fine. In fact, even as killer it always kind of bothered my that you could drop from the second floor of a building while carrying a person and it had no effect. Not that DbD is grounded in realism, but it just seemed wrong.

That said, bad actors are going to abuse it to "have fun", so it probably needs to be nerfed. We can't have nice things without some people ruining it for everyone.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231
    Options

I don't care that it has the wiggle from drop, just make the numbers lower. 25% is too much, try 15%.

besides the only people i've seen running it when i've played killer so far are people that run straight to a main buildings 2nd floor like Asylum and just sit up there whenever they get into a chase because they know i can't get to a hook with the Aura blocking AND the drop. And then they react in chat like 'lolz its just for fun!!'

• throwaway79465468797
    Options

As long as you're perfectly OK with killers choosing how they play around it, then we can leave it where it is.

If you're not OK with that then theres a problem with your argument

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

This is the reason why D'Vorah kissed you

• fulltonon
    Options

every down should be pretty much guaranteed hook because otherwise game just doesn't work, and game doesn't really work with boil over abuse.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

They can fix hook locations so these things don't happen instead of nerfing BO.

• fulltonon
    Options

Fixing a perk is definitely easier than fixing bunch of maps though...

• Nicholas
    Options

If that were the case, a down would just automatically teleport someone to a hook. There is a reason for the gap in steps. Nothing is guaranteed but some steps do increase the likelihood that you'll be successful at a task.

• Uotsumi
    Uotsumi Member Posts: 214
    Options

Anyone playing normally would know that boilover has been given problematic buffs.

And it is a problem not only with SWF but also with solo survivor.

If you can't figure that out, then you probably don't know how to play the game.

So, yeah, the devs are not playing DBD.

Please get out of the debug map and play the game seriously.

• fulltonon
    Options

There is a big gap between "almost guaranteed" and "guaranteed", there is a reason why "almost guaranteed" to get a hook when you down survivors.

• Nicholas
    Options

Okay, I don't see how that changes anything. Nothing is guaranteed in the game until you actually perform it. So yes, you can power up the exit gates and at that point it's likely you will escape and you're close but it's not guaranteed.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 794
    Options

It's just very repetitive and boring you know? Same power, same perks, same add-ons.

You have literally just described the survivor role.

I just feel survivor offers so much more.

Right, because having 26(?) different killers, all with entirely different abilities, add-ons, designs and playstyle opinions offers far less variety than survivor does.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I’m a survivor main who wanted Boil Over to get a buff, and even I have to admit this ######### is busted RN. It needs to be toned down a smidge. IT should get you off the killer’s shoulder 25% of the time- not 50%.

This is off topic but Dead Man’s Switch also needs a nerf. Busted as well.