Quick Fix: Swipe

As I've played I have noticed a tactic that Survivors will employ, namely swerving on the spot and bouncing back toward the Killer and past them. While I think this to be a killer and risky move to make that should be rewarded I also think that it's somewhat flawed for the following reason; When my Killers attack they perform a swipe, that is to say a right to left motion. In most games this would result in a conal hitbox for attack detection, and perhaps DbD has one too, but put simply the radius it has must be super short. I would need to see the actual hitbox to know for certain, but even the Doctor's shock therapy has a fairly weak radius on it.

I would propose that while a lunge should have a shorter radius on it due to its nature of lurching forward, a basic attack should have a larger radius resulting in a wider swipe and that causes more area around the killer to cause damage. This would assist in the shenanigans that occur and allow the already short sited Killers to hit targets rapidly moving around them.

I tell ya, for me, when Survivors do this in the cornfields it's devastating, half the time I won't even see they've done it and then they're gone forever.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Actually we have hitcones in DBD too, but for some reason you are autolocked towards the first target in the cone.

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    edited November 2018

Yeaaah I've noticed that too while trying to catch injured people at the end of the game, body blocking becomes WAY effective to prevent the Killer from landing a hit on their intended target due to what I can only assume are... magnets. How do they work?

All I'm saying is that while a Lunge is narrow (and that's fine) a click swing should be wide, like 180° wide. None of this Survivor jumping back toward me business, they should be running away not doing epic dodge rolls. Certainly doesn't make me feel like a threatening Killer when they're doing circles on the spot and when I lunge at them they just vanish beneath me, not having been hit nor phased in any regard as they dance around my body.

One thing I have noticed is that if you swing your mouse while you're attacking the area of your attack becomes larger? Maybe that's just in my head though, but it's dumb if it is the case and causes me to be even more sick with this FoV, but that's a different thread...

• MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    Good Idea tbh. This would have to not effect some killers though, such as Micheal due to his tombstone tactic.
  • milo77727
    milo77727 Member Posts: 44
    360s and 180s are a tactic used by survivors to get away just as pallets and windows are. Trying to eliminate a tactic to get away will only make it easier to kill especially with fast killers. It takes a while to learn how to do it and doesnt always work. As a killer you just have to learn to predict it.

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179

@milo77727
    Which is something I do understand, but due to various things I still believe Survivors shouldn't be using such tactics frivolously and easily against Killers. If the FoV were to be adjusted perhaps this wouldn't be as huge an issue as like I've said before with Shadowborn it's slightly easier, but even with that said I think that a Killer's swing should have more of a radius to it that forces Survivors to properly run and be chased rather than juke against the body of a Killer, in terms of lore and atmosphere of the game this doesn't flow at all. It also doesn't feel right in the gameplay as the game is designed for chases, not using the Killer's awful camera and weak attack hitbox to their advantage.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    Master said:

Actually we have hitcones in DBD too, but for some reason you are autolocked towards the first target in the cone.

Which is terrible for freddy since his cone can't tell if the survivors are asleep or not.