The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

what was the worst killer rework

2»

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Freddy. His old power was fun to use, now he's just boring.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Right. Like for instance, I see a survivor at long distance. I could throw a pin gas cloud and probably miss, or I could throw a yellow cloud and walk into it on the way to the survivor and get the same net catchup.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

This probably should have been a poll, but I digress.

Easily Freddy. For reasons everyone else here have already said. He went from being fun and original, to bland and boring.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

No more Sky Billy. My heart was broken. There was nothing more entertaining than working on a gen, hearing no TR, then suddenly getting splattered by a Billy falling from the Heavens. Only happened a couple times to me, but those matches were absolutely fantastic.

Feel bad for Freddy, but he's not even the real Freddy so he can kick rocks for all I care. They wouldn't have done it to a proper Freddy.

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

Yellow bottles are not all that terrible as people make them out to be, you just need to smart about when and how to toss one, I found it's best to toss one before chase and try to apply pressure with pink ones, forcing them to vault or drop a pallet right away, which is why you'll see lot of clowns run brutal strength, those 0.4 per kick matter in chase.They can also be used as sort of budget agitation, and for making some of the larger maps more manageable, but it's still pain.

Also cigar box is my fav addon for him, giving you aura reading which is super good, enabling some sick plays and from my experience most survivors are oblivious to it, often trying to stealth past me.

• oreoslurpee
    oreoslurpee Member Posts: 288

Freddy 100%

its mainly because they looked at him, avoided ANY changes to even make him better to play, and just made him absolutely op and boring for so many people

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    edited February 2022

Please...don't do that...

Do not rework my Ghostface into Freddyness...

I played a few rounds of Freddy the other day and his gameplay is just fitting for his grey filtered world. I win matches because I can play M1 claw man and apply pressure by popping out of a generator. Most times I swap his Snares for Pallets because they offer at least some form of entertainment...

Freddy has 1 interesting add-on (all generators bleed), 0 interesting power and overall is pretty dull. He seems to me like a prototype Killer where you skipped the whole "character" part during the design.

And this is not even about Freddy being a "bad" Killer. He is not. But I still rather play a round of Ghostface or Myers than Freddy unless I want to discuss politics over discord while playing Killer...

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

The worst rework? Hillbilly to me by far. I barely play him since rework and most of his add ons are trash. The only good change was his "Rooooooarrrr", although Im the only one, who likes this :'D

Next? Nurse - yeah, i still dont like her recharge mechanic and Im forced to use her recharge add ons to enjoy her. Dont get me wrong, she is still very strong, but I dont like playing her that much, cuz it is too stressful against good teams.

Dont forget about Deathslinger - how many people do play him these days and what could be the reason for it?

To Freddy - Im grown up with good old Freddy and he was my first main killer in DBD. Since he wasnt the strongest killer as we know I was very happy of reaching rank 1 with him. In high ranks I felt like an underdog cuz not many people played him there. His rework wasnt bad at all, but he was OP. A lot of killer noobies started playing him and were able to beat average survivor teams with little effort. I didnt like that so many people played him now. I dont think he is boring now, but yes, I liked the old freddy more. Id like to see a hybrid of old and new freddy, but this will never happen.