The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ideas to help alleviate camping and tunneling

2»

Comments

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Next time if I have a lightbulb moment I'll just remember to keep it to myself.

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 457

Punishing camping or giving survivors free perk slots or even more second chances does nothing to address why killers tunnel and camp in the first place. Killers need more time to chase without immediately losing multiple gens in the process. Make some version of corrupt intervention base kit and increase kicking regression to at least 10%-15%, then maybe you would see a change.

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469

This is certainly something I'd be happy to see. And I get that camping and tunneling is required because of the current state of the game for killers. But some of the camping and tunneling killers do is just uncalled for, like ignoring all other survivors to tunnel a survivor out of the game, or tunneling and camping at 5 or 4 gens. Its just not necessary at that point and just frustrating.

• SimplyPixelated06

Keep sharing your ideas! There will always be people that spoil them but others that agree :)

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246

If you dont want yo risk playing against tactics like that avoid any game involving pvp. 99% Humans play to win at any cost, regardless of decency .

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,266

I mean i know it sucks when you are the first to be hooked and then someone facecamps you, but try to take joy in the fact that if the teammates know what to do they wont even try to rescue you thus giving max 2 kills to the killer and very little bloodpoints.

Tunneling however well i do it myself nowdays. Honest after the boons and now with prove thyselfs being in every match as well gens fly too fast and people heal too fast i find myself in the situation that i cant play fair anymore. Sadly this has become issue for many killers. If survivors are even semi competent in the game know how to loop more than 10 seconds killers are in trouble. So tunneling is something they shouldnt fix before they fix the issue that is causing it.

Sure there are killers that just want to tunnel from hook to hook to hook but some of us only do it when we notice the match is ending too quickly for us to have any chance anymore. Giving BT basekit to survivors would require killers to get a gen defense basekit like corrupted invention. SWFs are already stomping killers in this game and honest many good soloQ survivors are too.

I'd love this game to be balanced and fair for everyone but you cant fix one side without breaking another and right now i think killer side is already broken. Many streamers have already proven that you can get 3-4 ks in matches if you play nasty, but playing fair gives you very little.

• SimplyPixelated06

Well if it just wasn't an option or at least a prominent one, it wouldn't be a problem.

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 457

It's always necessary for a killer to do whatever they have to do to secure kills at any time possible. 5 or 4 gens becomes 3 or 2 gens in 2 minutes. Killers have no way of knowing whether they will get survivors who are super efficient or potatoes. As such, I play every game as if I am going to get gen rushed. I try to end chases as fast as possible and will proxy camp when it makes sense ie can get them to second phase or death without throwing the whole game.

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246

I know. I play killer, i dont do that stuff, and lose all the time. I mean i get 1 kill every 3 or 4 games.thats why they do it. Survivors use dirty tactics too. Thats why i only play this game every now and then. Its the only pvp i play too.

• Ginger_ninja493
    Ginger_ninja493 Member Posts: 63

Don't know what you mean by 2 escapes?

Admittedly there is nothing much survivors can do except smash out gens and not give the killer any more kills while one survivor gets camped, all they can do is bring perks such as ds, deliverance or even camaraderie/kinship but these are situational and don't always get value. As I said, I only think tunnelling and camping should be used at endgame. Best a survivor can do is get over it and move on if they are in that situation.

• SimplyPixelated06

I mean, playing like that makes in unbearable for survivors. But I get that it's an option. There's just things that need to be put in place so killers wouldn't feel the need to play like that and so that survivors don't experience that so much.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

The extra hook for the tunneled survivor is described in more detail in this post. Please add a comment there to keep that post alive.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

I just finish playing a match where a plauge got looped for 3 gens by a feng . Then she got hooked. I went over to check it out and she was getting camped. And the plauge had her power from one of the fountains that the game gave her. We left her and rushed the last to gens and boom noed. I had cleansed 2 totems and blessed on got no help as usual with totems but I found noed. And and a random Jake just left the Adam too. Felt bad for both of them. I hate being tunneled out of camped out but sometimes killers need to do that in order to still have a chance. Making gens take longer could be a good idea, but then there is no counter to a basement bubba.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Basekit BT shouldn't be thing... What will become of Bill's now removed Perk slot... Plus I think that it's the easy way out

The same thing for basekit Corrupt... What will become of Plague's now removed Perk slot... Plus I think that it's the easy way out

I do like the slower death timer for being too close but that's a stretch... how close is to close

Increasing base Regression is something that I would like to see (then either nerfing Ruin... or changing it again)

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    edited February 2022

Sure, If you define killer as "anyone who disagrees with you, or has a picture of either a killer or killer related perk".

I mean, you do get that there's not anything I had to sign agreeing to play killer when I decided to pick the coolest picture I could for my profile, right? (In fact, when I picked it I didn't know what the perk was, I just thought it looked cool)

As far as your suggestions

1. Free hook state just because they lost 3 chases? Let's forget for the moment that killer players are just as good at counting to 4 as they are 3, so this doesn't really change that, it literally just buffs survivors for no reason. Anyone who will tunnel a survivor for 3 hooks will still do it for 4.

2. Hook timer slowed while killer in range. No. This was tried before, it was abused so badly that they fixed it in between patches. (Which bhvr almost never does) be glad you were not playing that week, it wasn't fun for the killers and it was even less fun for the survivor hanging on the hook all game watching his teammates play "ring around the Rosie" instead of saving him from the hook, because they wanted to keep the safe zone.

3. Basekit BT. I really don't want this. I already see enough times where a teammate unhooks me mid-chase, this would make that 100x worse. BT is a fine perk for people who know the game. For newbies it just reinforces bad strategy.

4. Allow survivor to unhook themselves if killer is near. So if I hook a survivor at egc, he gets to immediately leave, or i have to give up my pressure? That's lose-lose.

Post edited by AsherFrost on
  • Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

Spitting facts here.

Yep, killers need a reason to hunt, they don't need nerfs they need buffs.

An extra hook state is easily abusable by SWFs, not to mention what if they leave the player on hook the entire time? Do they get an additional 60 seconds on the hook because the other survivors are either rushing gens, or hiding?

Slowing the hook timer when other survivors are literally looping the Bubba around you isn't something that should be rewarded or incentivized.

Basekit Borrowed Time would need to come with some sort of basekit improvement to killers in general. Killers currently are too slow to have any chance to pressure gens in the current meta without mobility/ranged pressure powers.

Guaranteed Deliverance wouldn't help survivors at all, the killer will just down you again and your down another hook state.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

Why is the answer that people come up with is to just nerf them and be done with it. How about we first buff killer to encourage going for 12 hooks more and looping, and nerf tunneling and camping then. Why is it just "nerf tunneling and camping, then the game is perfectly fine after that".

I always try to play for 12 hooks at the beginning, because that's obviously more fun. However, I literally see 2 gens left after i've gotten like 3 or 4 hooks, and then I start to play dirty. I just want to have fun and go for 12 hooks, without throwing the entire game. Your idea will just make it so that unless you're going against below average solo q survivors, you will generally lose no matter what you do.