The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

"Was it really a skilled play to begin with?"

what a good determiner of skill

ยซ1

Comments

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590

Well... tbf, you went vs this killer, and so far it seems like he's winning when you boil it down to pure numbers (which is what the MMR is based on).

Seriously, I've love for some of you guys to come up with any kind of workable system, even on paper, that we can poke holes in it and laugh at your lack of understanding as to how these things work or what the devs mean went they're talking about software functionality.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited February 2022

Thanks for clarifying that because some people are bashing nemesis based on one picture.

• PlaysByShady

I'm saying that determining skill based off of kills/escapes is illogical

And I'm saying it's completely logical, and I laid out the steps demonstrating that logic.

You can say it's illogical all you like, but as yet you've literally not given an actual logical argument/reason why it doesn't work.

If you're so sure of your position, then please answer my question directly instead of flirting around the issue.

• Shaped

Getting more hooks is not always realistic imo. With nemi maybe but if you are playing m1 killer, even if you are skilled you can't do much at times against coordinated team. Unless they make mistakes and you capitalise.

• PlaysByShady

You're still flirting around the issue with your waffling explanations that don't bear any resemblance to actual logic (i.e. with propositions and conclusions, i.e. the sort of stuff that can be made into an algorithm).

Until you actually understand the rules of logic, and algorithms in general, you might want to hold off making judgements on the matter.

• Shaped

I dunno because this game is unbalanced mess. Lots of factors to consider.

If it is the same situation, I still wouldn't know. What if someone does something clever to defeat their opponent without hooking them much? Is hooking always a more skilled play?

Don't get me wrong I definitely think that kills/escape is flawed a lot. But I am not sure if downing and hooking people is always more skillful than doing something else.

• PlaysByShady

I don't need to disprove a point you've not made with any coherence. I've literally exposed the flaw in your logic in the most basic form possible, and asked for your clarification on the matter. Thus far you've refused to provide anything of the sort and have just resorted to a variety of logical fallacies that only highlight your ignorance on such matters.

It's a simple enough question... do you believe that a killer who achieved their objective (in your case) should face easier survivors so they can continue killing them (and thus go against easier opponents again), whilst you - even though you died and failed as a survivor (in a clinical sense) - should go against more adept killers, where you'd likely continue to die? Make that make sense. That's literally what you're arguing for, and if you can't make it make sense, then that should be cause for reflection.

"get off of my thread"

Last I checked, you don't own threads, nor have any authority to dictate who may or may not engage. It's a public forum. If you don't like it, or you don't like your opinion being challenged, don't post.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

When I read your post, all I could hear in my mind was the quote from Patrick where he was like

"Man i did 80 gens, did 6 totems, looped the killer for ages but died... wouldn't it be cool to be able to do all that and escape too?" That's not 100% the quote but that's basically the gist and man what a quote

not a great way for him to approach the subject of MMR/SBMM

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

That's a future Stanley cup winner right there.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

That a winner right there

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

What I don't understand is how mmr and pips aren't like, related. One would think that doing well in all categories and trying to do everything to win/contribute towards winning would be comparable to the mmr but no.

That one devs opinion comparing dbd to hockey still just makes no sense because dbd is an asymmetrical 4 v 1 and hockey is literally a team vs team game like child.. I just don't understand it at all ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Killers should be incentivized to go and do everything for maximum mmr / pip gains not just farm for hook states/kills to guarantee mmr. Survivors should be incentivized to do a little bit of everything for maximum mmr/pip gains so that everyone is encouraged to be a team player and help each other survive instead of play overly selfish and go for hatch escape at the end. But yeah, here we are in a bad place with current mmr. Just face camp with dead lock and an end game build and you can do well with any killer ๐Ÿค“

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Idk bbk. Sounds like you should of did bones.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited February 2022

I am sure to some extent he HAS to be turning his camera ever so slightly to make sure he knows when they are coming for you.

THAT stare is just too on point. Too skilled for newbie eyes.

/s

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Shoudlve just mindgame better no doubt in that.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Balance based on results neglect the gameplay experience.

Balance based on the gameplay produces an enjoyable experience despite the results.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Beaten by a better player I see.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I said it before, and iยดll say it again: the current mmr is like the old VC. Which was a terrible system to evaluate "skill".

On top of that, in an older stream about sbmmr, they explicitly said, that they tested an early version of the mmr with only kills vs escapes in mind and that it was terrible.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

Are you playing with ReShade? I dont understand why some of the icons are so pink and not red. I don't mean the HUD icons you swap.

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419

Logic does not work with people deeply indulged in shilling or being overly-positive. This person clearly believes SBMM is a healthy system that accurately portrays skill and doesn't seem to notice the glaring holes in their own logic and how a binary system is incapable of providing good results in a game where multiple metrics are manipulated by RNG.

There are just people out there that will call you crazy and say that the system is amazing despite the vast majority using statistics and evidence to prove why it doesn't work, the Devs themselves in their own quotes over the past 2 years don't even believe that it works but they invested into it so they have to play along to save face. I just had somebody tell me earlier that Legion is just as strong as any of the "A-Tier" killers and that the characters matter less than the player. Some people just don't get it

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Now that is a skilled play right there we should be taking notes on the skill that Nemesis is clearly showing

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Ohhhhhhhhh okay. Yeah, then I agree with you completely. Right now in the game you are rewarded more for letting your team die so you can escape, hiding, and not distracting the killer. Instead of knowing map layout, killer counters, object use, and timing.

And as Killer you can stomp a whole team hooking them all twice then letting them go just to stay in a low sbmm, while the only part of killer "skill" is dependent on random end game variables.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

I like your icons <3

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

Thank you! They're the Toon Perk pack- I'd link them but I'm not allowed sadly lmao

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,402

If you want to change things in the game and end up ruining them in the process, was it really a skilled play to begin with?

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

this is the new "pretty good job so far" and i'm all for it

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Is running a killer for 2 gens on Badham Preschool REALLY skilled? You have to be bad to go down early on Badham with all the busted structures, pallets, and the ol' Dead Hard

Killer is practically guaranteed to lose 2 gens at the first hook in this game