The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is AFK Pig exploits allowed?

2»

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,697
    edited February 2022

Can't believe I'm saying this, but for once I agree with Sluzzy.

No but seriously, this is stupid and needs to be changed. The addon itself is actually really cool but being able to do this with it is not.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Because she is cute.

• linancy
    linancy Member Posts: 38

If BHVR ban them, will it not drastically lower the pig's sales? 

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

AFK pig does not hold the game hostage (in face the opposite). Library of pain could.

This does not mean I agree with it however.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Rule of thumb: Never agree with certain people, regardless of whether you would normally agree with their stance when someone else says it. If that person says that stealing candy from babies is wrong, bring a cup to drink babies' tears from. :P

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590

^^ this

If the killer was genuinely AFK, they wouldn't be in any strategic position - they'd be wherever they loaded into the trial - and the game could/would end normally.

Miscategorising the problem doesn't resolve anything.

• str4wberryp
    str4wberryp Member Posts: 86

Of course I do, according to the devs kills = skill. Same as NOED, it's a skilled form of gameplay. If I don't kill all of them with the AFK strat, I can finish off the remaining ones with NOED and my hidden number will go up.

Ez MMR.

• CrashMADDS13
    CrashMADDS13 Member Posts: 302

So that's what you do? Go around threatening f tier killer players on the end game chat?

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

AFK Pig is not holding the game hostage, correct. The RPD before the added hooks was also not holding the game hostage though, at least all the cases that I am aware of, going up there and becoming essentially unhookable with Boil Over.

The "Holding the game hostage" rule is very consistently applied:

• Is the game currently progressing? If yes, the game is not being held hostage.
    • If no: Are you being prevented from contributing to making the game progress for a long time? If yes, your game is being held hostage.

Library was not holding the game hostage because as a Killer you could down people which causes the game to progress through their bleedout timer.

If you were a Survivor who did not go to the library, but whose teammates all did, then your game was also not being held hostage because you could repair generators. I don't know if you could report your teammates for not participating in the game normally but if that were the case then the report would be valid for that reason, and not because the game was being held hostage.

Regarding sitting in front of the boxes: Removing collision is a terrible idea because that disables valid uses of blocking Survivors into a corner, for example if the only other Survivor is currently dying on the hook. Even without collision as Pig you could just camp the box and attack anyone who comes near you and lock down one box that way.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited February 2022

This is kinda boring but I dont think its a huge deal because it's not a particuarly good strategy

You have about 31.36% chance of no kills, 42.19% for 1 kill 21.10% for 2 kills 4.69% for 3 kills and 0.396% for 4 kills.

Of course after the hats are all out of play you can MAYBE get 1 more kill by camping with NOED but those are still not good odds, even if you consistently camp 1 additional person to death thats still a 2k or less 73% of the time. Reality is though even half decent survivors will have the gens done and gates ready to go before all your hats have resolved themselves and you wont catch anyone to camp as a result