Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Escaped off the hook myself, still went to second stage

GoshJosh
GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
edited September 2022 in Bug Reporting

Platform: PC

Description of the issue: I attempted to 4% escape because of daft teammates, and got off the hook. Yet the game still registered me as hitting second stage.

Steps to reproduce (if possible): Take the 4% chance as close to second stage as possible, see if you go to the struggle phase after getting off hook.

How often does this occur: First time I've noticed.

Edit: typo.

Post edited by GoshJosh on
9 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Not a bug. If you hit second stage in the attempt process, you have taken 2 hook states.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,752
    edited February 2022

If you start the escape attempt the timer still progresses while doing so.

If you hit struggle while that happens, then it counts as reaching struggle phase but you're allowed to finish the escape attempt regardless (as long as you don't let go of the button) and if you succeed, you get off but you're still on death hook since you were on the hook for over a minute. It's not that you reached your 2nd hook state after escaping, it's that you started your attempt too late.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

Even if you unhook on first try early on you still on second stage automatically if rehooked. It seems designed this way so you don't get another self-unhook chance.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

As @sizzlingmario4 said, the time will tick during the attempt itself. This has been a thing for a while. Attempt earlier.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

From today’s patch notes:

• ”Fixed an issue that caused succeeding an unhook attempt right before transitioning to the struggle phase to be instantly sacrificed on a subsequent hooking.“

BUG.

• jbear
    jbear Member Posts: 1

This happened to me today - rescued myself (4% chance) from a hook and it put me at two hook stages upon coming off the hook. Forgot to hit my record button to capture it.

I would interpret the patch note to suggest that this is a bug that is not actually fixed.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 675

@jbear : "I would interpret the patch note to suggest that this is a bug that is not actually fixed."

A common thing from BVHR that it shows they never verify enough their fixes before to publish their patchnotes...

• AtoTimber
    AtoTimber Member Posts: 84

I've definitely had this happen years ago, it is a thing. Shouldn't be, probably is a bug, But it's been an issue for years.