Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Steam - Missing Lighting

Niddam
Niddam Member Posts: 4

This issue was first introduced with the PTB for version 5.4.0 (Portrait of a Murder release), made its way to the live game and persists to today, including the PTB from last week (Sadako Rising). To my knowledge it's exceedingly rare, but I am not the only one affected by it.

Issue: The Steam version of the game doesn't render 3d content correctly. Starting with the logo in the "Press Space to continue" screen, entire types of lighting seem to be missing, rendering most realms pitch black and the game overall unplayable. 2d UI is unaffected. Verifying the game file integrity and fully reinstalling did not fix it. The Epic Games version works just fine under otherwise identical conditions. To reproduce this, I merely need to start the game. It occurs every time. Others will likely be unable to reproduce it at all - my best guess is bad interplay of hardware and software in some specific setup circumstances.

Attachments: Besides a brief list of my core hardware components, I attached a log file from the Steam and Epic Games version of DbD each (for comparison purposes: Epic works, Steam is dark) and a set of screenshots from various maps and the current main menu showing the effects of the missing lighting. Each screenshot has been taken twice - once showing what the game directly produces and once with filters, that improve visibility. Those filters are consistent across all screenshots, even if they don't seem like it due to the surprisingly different appearances this bug gives to the realms. A mask is applied to the filters (except in the main menu screenshot) to lessen the effects on the HUD, as the initial goal was making the game playable again.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Niddam
    Niddam Member Posts: 4

I placed a default Claudette holding a medkit in every screenshot (except main menu). Can you find them all?