Survivors swarmed with Crows should not be able to leave through the exit gate

Options
Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
edited February 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

The Swarm literally does nothing and very rarely can you injured a survivor with it. So why not make it actually do something? Survivors shouldn't be able to leave through the exit gates when swarmed with Crows.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• herbaljellyfish
    herbaljellyfish Member Posts: 115
    Options

Yup. Artist is a ridiculously powerful killer. I think she just has a massive skill gap that people can be god tier with her or absolute garbage. She is completely fine where she is at. IMO Nurse>Blight>Artist>Pinhead. Putting her in the top 3 for me, at least. I'd much rather see killers like Nemi, PHead, Legion, Pig and a few others get some reworks/buffs.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

I don't think she's fine by any means. She's Top 4 in the game, easily, and yet takes maybe 2 brain cells to rub together in order to work. She shuts down loops with zero effort. There's no skill gap. The skill floor is so low that it's in the core of the Earth and the skill ceiling is maybe about 3 inches higher than that.

Artist is not Top 3, because Spirit is still the third best Killer in the game. Pinhead is nowhere near top tier, despite what the kill rates might tell you. He's a pub stomper, but not to a degree such as Hag and Twins. These killers (Hag/Twins) are nigh unbeatable in regular uncoordinated pubs, but useless at higher levels. Pinhead is really strong in public matches, but against Survivors who can take control of the box easily, he's still functional, but not good enough to really work well.

In terms of Killers I'd like to see buffed or reworked, it's honestly just anyone in the bottom half of the Killers.

I'd like to see Nemesis get a rework which makes him more interactive in chase while also making him stronger, because I feel like he deserves that kind of treatment, given the amount of hype that was built up for years around him. Pyramid Head is similar, but I at least love his faithfulness to the license and how much he felt unique (at least at the time, now that Nemesis exists they feel like echo fighters of each other).

Pig is far too overdue for a rework. She's honestly such a miserable experience and has quite a few problems that affect both sides that became apparent with her tome and the creation of the cursed Video Tape (AFK'ing at boxes mixed with insane amounts of RNG).

You're in luck for Legion, since them and Ghostface are supposedly up next for reworks/buffs. Sorry for being long and ranty.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

The chains stopping you from leaving does absolutely nothing because you can just get hit out... The same thing would happen with the swarm if you were injured and couldn't escape the killer would just hit you out.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,440
    Options

No, she needs buffs still. She doesn't hold a candle to Nurse and Blight. She's at least 1 tier below. Before Wraith, Deathslinger, and Pinhead were nerfed, they were 1 or 2 buffs away from being viable at all levels, instead of just the bottom and mid levels. Artist is in a similar position now.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited February 2022
    Options

Let's make a boring powerful killer even more boring and powerful, especially when her purple addon exists

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I’m surprised y’all have the Artist over Pinhead. I feel like he’s worse to go against. 0 fun for survivors in solo que.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,486
    Options

If you were swarmed in the exit gate healthy and she was somewhat close by she could m1 you twice before you can get the birds off. Artist is already a strong Killer and is fine the way she is.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

His passive slowdown requires coordination, reason why he's strong against soloqueue, but his chase doesn't put you in a lose lose situation no matter what

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Hear me out

Nemesis infection gets a rework. At full infection, he's able to Mori survivors and turn them into another AI zombie after a cool down.

I know it can't work but man, imagine.

• herbaljellyfish
    herbaljellyfish Member Posts: 115
    Options

Just because a killer requires more skill to use, doesn't mean the skill floor needs to be raised because then the better players will be even more oppressive. I see her a lot in high MMR games along with Pinhead, Oni, Nurse and Blight, so clearly some people have no issue getting value out of her. I do think her gameplay is extremely boring, but she is absolutely in no way shape or form weak. Anyone who knows maps and tiles can easily dominate with her because she's an anti-loop god. Her zoning is outrageous and she has 115 speed. Buffing her would easily put her above Blight and Nurse. She's just harder to use so people say she's underpowered. She requires heavy knowledge of tiles and loops to use her to her full chase potential.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

This has to be bait. Artist can guarantee a hit in most situations even if her opponent doesn't have a murder swarming them.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,496
    Options

Artist is already a good killer.

You wouldn't need this buff if you played well in the match.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

At first I thought you meant afk crows, and I was all for it. But Artist's crows? It's just too easy for her to hit with them, and they go through walls, I don't think it would be balanced.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,009
    Options

I think there should be an addon that being swarmed will cause incapacitate (cant do Gen, cant heal), but the downside is either lose 1 crow or increase time to regain power by 50%

• danielmaster87
    Options

She could never be stronger than Blight or Nurse unless they were massively nerfed. She needs to hit birds 2 times through walls to damage survivors that way, which is just based on lucky guesses of where the survivors are gonna go. Whenever she sets up a bird, survivors just run away from the loop. On a technicality, you can't use your birds around the hooked person even when you're not meaning to camp. If there's a tiny obstacle sticking out, it won't count your bird as a direct hit. The killer's instinct detection range needs a bit of work. She's overrated. A tier at best, but again cannot be on the same level as Nurse and Blight.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

Love those guys who have played like 3 games with artist and pretend they mastered her.

Not trying to be rude but what I am reading here gives me the impression of either you are trolling or have literally no idea at all about this killer.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited February 2022
    Options

You are clearly so bad with Artist. She is fine. And it is not hard to hit survivor behind walls. First catch survivor with one crow. And when they are swarming put your other 2 or 3 crows. Cool-down is not long for one crow, so you have enough time to put second crows. And then hit. If you put crows smartly (not random) it is clear hit.

And plus you can push survivors to leave strong loops. You can make survivors leave gen with crows. Strong anti-loop and strong gen pressure. She does not need anything more.

• danielmaster87
    Options

I could see her potential before she even released, and somehow it was less than projected. She cannot reliably damage you from across the map like we thought she could. It's too much resource investment and too luck based. And no, it's not easy to hit survivors through walls. You may hit them once with it, but as soon as you start placing the second set, they'll just haul to the left or right, making it almost impossible for you to hit them a second time. They can see the auras of your birds coming too, so they can dodge even if you launch it right to them. Survivors can also instantly get crows off with lockers, and that especially helps if there's a locker right next to the gen they're on. I'm not saying I haven't had success with her. She's just one of those killers where you go against 1 good SWF and you're done. I'm trying to explain to people that there are killers that can be "strong", but that are not OP and can't beat a good SWF. Wraith was one such killer, and he still got nerfed. Artist is next in the near future I think.

• Aurelle
    Options

I'm just throwing out random ideas that I randomly come up with. No need to take it so seriously.

And FYI, Artist is one of my mains so I know how she works and how strong she can be.

• Aurelle
    Options

Fair enough. This was just a random idea that I thought of, but I do think that the Swarm should do something. You can't damage survivors with a swarm because of the long cooldown, unless you only launch one crow to swarm.

• Aurelle
    Options

Not bait, just a random idea. But I can see how kind of unbalanced this would be now that I actually think about it.

• kombativo
    kombativo Member Posts: 183
    Options
  • MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

Maybe you should talk for yourself. I have not problem to hit survivors at loops. I mean sniping is hard, sure. But i can zone-out them with my crows. And they can try dodge ofcourse but they need to dodge 3 crows. Artist has more chance for hit.

Her power is like kinda Nurse. If you are good with her, she is monster. If you are not, she is M1 killer.

Strong SWFs are destroying Nurse and Blight too if this is case? How many SWFs are that strong?

• danielmaster87
    Options

The more I play a killer, the more their weakness sticks out. Survivors can completely deny Artist's power by just holding forward. Even when they choose to play it risky and loop you when you're setting up crows, they know the game is just gonna bail them out anyway, giving them just the crows instead of the full health state because a tiny little thing was sticking out in its way. She needs favorable loop design, and most maps don't give her that.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

This is why you need to catch survivor first with one crow. So now they are not safe even they start swarm. You have enough time to put next crows and hit. And it is not easy to dodge them. This is how you are playing against shift holders as Artist.

If they stay on loop, it is better because they have so little chance.