We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

DC penalty

DC penalty is too light now.
There are many players doing intentional DC frequently without hesitation because getting BAN is very rare case.
I think that Devs should restrict them after DC, for example, DCed player get few hours wait time automatically before next match.
Anyway, DC makes a mess of the game for players left behind, it is a important problem for the game.

Comments

• BratG7
    BratG7 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2018

I've always liked the idea of a gradual time out that increases with each DC in a certain time frame. And this could also apply to Killers that pre-emptively close their lobby (aka Dodging) simply cause one person is a streamer or someone has a toolbox. They already have a 5 second cooldown when you return to menu, why not make it increase with each return? Someone DC's in a match? 30 second cooldown. They DC again? 3 minutes. Again? 30 minutes. Etc.

Of course the killer dodge penalty wouldn't be as steep as the above example, but if they were forced to wait for 2-5 minutes between each Dodge, they'd be slightly less prone to do so.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@memento said:
    DC penalty is too light now.
    There are many players doing intentional DC frequently without hesitation because getting BAN is very rare case.
    I think that Devs should restrict them after DC, for example, DCed player get few hours wait time automatically before next match.
    Anyway, DC makes a mess of the game for players left behind, it is a important problem for the game.

Give us a casual mode, fix bugs and exploits and get a proper anti cheat engine.
    Yeah, then we can talk about severe punishments in ranked mode

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BratG7 said:
    I've always liked the idea of a gradual time out that increases with each DC in a certain time frame. And this could also apply to Killers that pre-emptively close their lobby (aka Dodging) simply cause one person is a streamer or someone has a toolbox. They already have a 5 second cooldown when you return to menu, why not make it increase with each return? Someone DC's in a match? 30 second cooldown. They DC again? 3 minutes. Again? 30 minutes. Etc.

Of course the killer dodge penalty wouldn't be as steep as the above example, but if they were forced to wait for 2-5 minutes between each Dodge, they'd be slightly less prone to do so.

Even if I had to wait 1 hour after a dodge, I will keep dodging these toxic streamers. In my 500+ hours I have only encountered a single one where I enjoyed playing against him.
    Playing another game for 1 hour is more enjoyable then going into such a game :wink:

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Master said:

@BratG7 said:

Even if I had to wait 1 hour after a dodge, I will keep dodging these toxic streamers. In my 500+ hours I have only encountered a single one where I enjoyed playing against him.
    Playing another game for 1 hour is more enjoyable then going into such a game :wink:

I second this. I play this game to have fun, not go up against mister teabags and his 4 BNP's with D strike. If there is a time penalty created for dodging lobbies i will just play another game. Got lots of games on steam that i need to finish.