Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Trapper traps should have a difficult skill check before being disarmed

OneGoodBoyDemo
OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 420
edited March 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I believe the reason the trapper isn't a good killer is because his power can be taken away easily by a survivor without any kind of consequences. I also believe that even if he started with all of his traps, he still wouldn't be good due to that factor.

He is not like the HAG that her traps can only be taken out by an item or it can be countered by a crouching survivor but the point is that crouching survivors take a lot of time which can be a benefit to her.

The problem is that it takes a long time to pick up and place his traps just for a survivor to disarm them in 2s without any consequences.

For him to be a decent killer, all his traps should have a difficult skill check like overcharge, this would make his power more threatening and could create this kind of situation for the survivor:

"Well if l try to disarm it there is a chance l will get caught but if l leave it there another survivor might step on it"

To balance things out, if a survivor actually passes this skill check, it should have a cooldown of 20s before the trapper can pick up the trap or set it again because that could make the basement trapper much stronger, it would be boring for you to go to all the trouble of having to pass this skill test just for him to come back and arm it again, trapping you inside.

I believe these changes could be good for him.

Comments

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Based on the title alone I like the idea.

• Masterninja
    Masterninja Member Posts: 411

Yeah, I wouldnt mind to face a skillcheck.

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628

At least for starters as an addon, it would be interesting to see

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Add the skillcheck, but no cooldown

• Himcules
    Himcules Member Posts: 11

It does vary, you hold the button and it is like a hook with random chance it seems. Or just increase the time to get out of the trap like cleansing a totem. This means you could also get add ons that increase the duration so it is always more reliable / predictable.

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288

Like what ds? So they get free instant if they hit it hell nah

• eaebree
    edited March 2022

If you play trapper you must always be close to traps and set them in one area best around killer shack and if rng gives you basemant there that is godlike and ofc 3 gens to hold at end game never chase them with trapper just wait for them to come to you that works for me not every single match but when it works it is pure satisfaction

• eaebree

People think he is weak hah but good trapper will suprise you trust me

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

GOOD IDEA.

That would make his Aura power really good.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited March 2022

So that 20 second cool down on moving or arming the traps after a disarm would actually make him a lot worse vs good Survivors.

What I'd much rather see is just making the base disarm time longer. Possibly even double it. Currently it actually takes Trapper longer to arm his trap than it takes a Survivor to disarm them. Let me say that again. It takes longer for a man who's obviously been working with bear traps and is very familiar with how they work longer to set them than any old random person who's never touched one in their life to disarm one. Makes no sense to me.