Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Sloppy butcher buff: makes you broken

My idea for buffing sloppy butcher: it makes you broken for some time.

Not sure what would be a good time, 30 seconds? Or more?

Could be useful for hit and run playstyle.

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Forced Penance does a smiliar thing, afflicting Survivors who take a Protection Hit with the Broken Status Effect for 80 seconds or so.

You could buff Sloppy Butcher by increasing it's effect but giving it the same effect as another Perk isn't a good idea

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Why is it a problem? There are many perks which have similar effects, just activate differently.

Examples: perks which speed up healing, speed up gen repair, cause gen regression, block gens, etc.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064
    edited March 2022

The catch here, I think, is it doesn't activate differently. Both are triggered by a basic attack. Breaking them requires an attack under certain conditions, so Sloppy would be easier to break with.

Maybe swap the Mangled/Hemmorage with a Broken effect if the attack downs them? One that lasts for X amount of time after they're picked up or unhooked?

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The way it is now they stack. If I have both Sloppy Butcher and Forced Penance and I get a Protection Hit then the survivor is both Broken and Mangled until healed. So not only can’t they heal at all for a while they also take even longer to heal after the Broken finally ends. Your change would make it so the two perks couldn’t work together.

A better, more straightforward buff to Sloppy Butcher if it evens needs one is just increase the healing speed penalty of Mangled.

• ProfSinful
    ProfSinful Member Posts: 271

Instead of giving SB the broken status, it would be better to just buff mangled overall considering the minute difference it makes in healing speeds with the current meta. 25% just cannot be viable in a meta where it's possible to heal through that debuff in a matter of seconds. Hell, I've run builds that allow me to heal survivors in less than 10 seconds through sloppy without devoting all 4 slots to healing perks and have hit even lower numbers by devoting all 4 slots. Mangled is just mediocre right now, and that's the problem. Sloppy butcher itself is a fine perk.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Sloppy is fine as it is. Provides two negative status effects to a survivor for one basic attack hit. Simple perk with simple results.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630
    edited March 2022

Just change the number.