We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Exhaustion Perks shakeup

With talk of a Health patch starting up again I just wanted to pitch my 2 cents that more than some giant game redefining changes a patch that focuses on equalizing out the relative power of Exhaustion perks would be a fresh change across games at all levels. Currently I'd imagine usage of Dead Hard is in the 70-80% of all survivor players, so a buff to underused perks bringing that down to even 50% would be a noticeable change in how you play out individual chases.

I think DH is strong but not game breaking, and while the Killer in me would like to see a very slight reduction in distance gained I think bringing perks like Lithe or Sprint Burst up to close to that strength would be received well by both sides of the game. The reason I personally use DH when I play survivor is because it helps me extend a chase rather than just avoid/escape them, which is where I think other perks fall short. Without really intentional care you dont get the value you want when you want it, where DH can always be used. Whether that gets me to safety or not is up to me but at least it happened when I intended it to in all cases.

My suggestion would be allowing perks like Lithe to be stored and used by pressing the E key (in this case an alternate prompt while vaulting). The biggest problem with the feel with these perks for me is the fact that while I gain far more distance with the speedboost its not necessarily when i want it. Rather than equalizing out the strength of these perks by having an equal Exhaustion timer, maybe allowing all of them to be stored but changing exhaustion length for balance purpose would make them more enticing. For instance, a sprint burst that you can activate but with a 60~70 second exhaustion timer (or however is felt appropriate). Smash Hit could store a sprint burst but have it on a shorter CD to make it more enticing to a confident survivor.

This probably would require a designation of "Exhaustion Perk" to be applied allowing only 1 equipped at a time to prevent keybind doubling up, but outside of maybe Head On (which could avoid the tag) how many times do people double up on exhaustion perks anyway? Maybe give Killer some general QoL stuff (perhaps a buff to gen kicking :3 ) as a compensatory buff, but I think even just seeing less dead hard even if it means dealing with other strong perks would be a nice enough change

Thats the end of my 2 cents. I think the games cool, and one of the only games ive come back to over the past few years and i only hope to see it flourish in the future :)

Comments

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277

Dead Hard usage is 9%.

This is information that can be looked up.

70-80% is absurd.