It's messed up that Deliverance doesn't work as a last person alive and it should be changed.

You're literally punished for playing a good game by your own perk.

You waste a slot for a perk that doesn't even work if you play flawlessly, I just deleted a total rant i was about to post, but for real, this stuff should just not happen.

Comments

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,548

If you play flawless you would not get hooked.

We already had this discussion with the non existent first / second hook state at the end.

If the killer hooks you as last survivor you could not really esacpe. As said above - you would unhook right in the killers face and he would down you immediately again.

• Cejar13321
    Cejar13321 Member Posts: 38

I mean, how do i even use this perk, when killer is just leaving every chase after some point?

I just had a match where i did 4 gens by myself and ran the killer for 15 minutes straight, while my teammates just died in the meantime not doing a single gen. Yes my mmr sucks, but reffering to the Marc post i literally just had a match i could easily use this without getting downed as we were on a swamp and we both looked for a hatch for 10 minutes straight and he just left far away after hooking, so you can't really tell me i cant use this.

Didnt want to post this as it's propably extremely emotional rn, but yeah, i literally had no other use of this perk and could easily use this as stated above. Im not saying it would be common, but it should remain an option.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

If you’re the last survivor alive than there’s no point in even using it??? It’ll just waste more time when you can move on to the next match.

• Marc_123

If you could escape the hook when you are the last surv every killer would just wait. He has no reason to walk away.

It really just would be a timewaste. That is the reason why it is how it is now.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,724

There's no point in changing it. All that would happen is the killer would facecamp waiting for you to use deliverance and then immediately hit you off hook and wait out the DS.

• Cejar13321
    Cejar13321 Member Posts: 38

Perhaps it would be in the long run.

I'm more than likely just upset about being joykilled just now and i might not see the big picture.

I guess all im saying that the reality just crushed onto me and im sorry for ranting as you all make a valid point.

• Marc_123

A lot of perks in the game are not very good. But there can be the situation where one of these could save you.

Sometimes i used char perks where i not have "my perks" yet available. Got a strange situation and a "trash" perk saved me.

Some perks are bad but awesome in a specific situation.

The problem is, you don´t know in advance.

The meta perks are the perks which give you pretty solid advantages in a general match.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

The entire reason last person self-unhook got removed was cause it was useless. You unhook, now what, you go back down and immediately back on the hook or after 60s. Or a troll waits out the full 60s to do nothing just to waste more time. It’s a useless waste of time with zero way of actually accomplishing anything if the exit gate isn’t literally right beside you AND open.

• RakNieborakYT
    RakNieborakYT Member Posts: 306

About the extention, I prefer 5 seconds of the first state and one chance to unhook. If this is the only issue about saving it, I'm ok.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Bad idea as said above.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

Hooked beside exit gate, unhook self, dead hard through exit, escape

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

A situation that happens slightly less often than games where 2 killers spawn in the same map. Can't do balance or mechanical changes over such unlikely scenarios.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

Why not, it’s hardly a balance change since u can just smack them off the hook

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Because it's a waste of time for everyone, from the developers who would have to work in such a change rather than the actual balance work that matters, to the 99.98% of games where someone will pop off and just waste time.

• Marc_123

Completely unneccessary.

If you get hooked last you´re dead.