Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Dead Man's Switch Bug

Zanctus00
Zanctus00 Member Posts: 4

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match

Step 3 : In-game, while doing a gen, wait for a fellow survivor gets hooked

Step 4 : Notice the killer triggers Pain Resonance and Dead Man's Switch perk to your gen but still able to do the gen.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Character played: Mikaela Reid
  • Perks played: Boon Circle of Healing, Clairvoyance, Iron Will, Dead Hard
  • Map: Sanctum of Wrath
  • Frequency of the issue: First time encountered

DOCUMENTS TO ADD

Forgot what other perks the killer had but according to my friend he has BBQ .

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,761
    edited March 2022

What I think actually happened here is that DMS was already active previously (from when he hooked the jill). So when PR hit your gen, DMS had about half a second left before expiring, and since hooking a new survivor doesn’t reset it (its duration is its cooldown and technically can make lower tiers of DMS situationally better), it blocked your gen and then it immediately unblocked as it had been 45 seconds since he hooked the jill.

Had the blight waited an extra second to hook, your gen would’ve been blocked for a full 45 seconds.

It does seem like this caused the visual effects to glitch though.

• Zanctus00
    Zanctus00 Member Posts: 4

I also thought this was the case. But most of my friends are fairly new to the game, having around less than 30 hours of gameplay. It wasn't included in the video but a few secs after I touched the gen again one of my friends (the Jonah) complained why he can't do the gens hence the DMS was still active.