Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is MMR broken?

Xaggy
Xaggy Member Posts: 330

Hello. What is your experience with MMR? I'm usually losing as killer. 1 or sometimes 2 kills but I'm still getting strong loopers. I'm not even going to talk about gen speed. I don't know what to do. Yesterday I got Bubba and I didn't play against any average team.

Best Answer

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610
    Answer ✓

We know from the last QnA that there are situations in which the MMR is broken- it seems to push together players of different skill brackets a little too quickly if they'd be left waiting for a while. For instance, if someone leaves a lobby before the game starts, the MMR system will prioritise filling that spot quickly, not accurately, which is why killers can sometimes load into a lobby where everyone's already present and readied and end up bodied by a team that's far above them- or stomping a team that's far below them.

So, in short, yes, it's broken in a very specific way. It's been acknowledged and presumably is being worked on.