Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Mori after unhooking self (UI Shows only 1 hook state)

_RupTurE_
_RupTurE_ Member Posts: 112

Killer ABLE TO MORI AFTER ONLY 1 HOOK

The killer only hooked once, then the survivor unhooked themselves. The killer was then able to mori them. Despite the UI showing only 1 hook.

StepS TO RECREATE

Example

Step 1 : Get Hooked

Step 2 : Kobe off the hook when your health bar is getting close to 2nd stage.

Step 3 : The UI will show only one hook state, however the internal mechanics of the game treat it as if they went to second stage anyway, even though they did not.

Step 4 : Killer was able to mori.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• We were running 4 survivors with Slippery Meat, Up the Ante, and Vigo's Salty Lips (x4) So the odds of self unhooking were high. The very first survivor hooked in the game was able to self unhook on the 6th attempt, but they subsequently got mori'd. It seems as if the game treated them as going to second stage after their last attempt, but the UI doesn't reflect that and if you self unhook you should not be on death hook anyway.

DOCUMENTS TO ADD

5 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,761

It looks like they started the 6th attempt too late. If your life bar gets down to 50 while attempting to unhook yourself, you are allowed to finish the attempt and will get off if successful, but that doesn’t prevent you from going second stage (and thus being on death hook next time).

In this case though it seems like they timed it so perfectly that it bugged the UI. Usually the UI doesn’t bug out when this happens but in this case it did. But this is a UI bug and nothing more than that - the survivor being able to be mori’d isn’t.

• _RupTurE_
    _RupTurE_ Member Posts: 112

Sure I mentioned the UI didn't show 2 hooks. There is a bug somewhere. Whether the UI is bugged or if you unhook successfully if you should still get counted as 2 hooks or not is not really my concern. Just that there is clearly a bug here. Everyone in the lobby was SWF and we all saw only 1 hook state. I couldn't communicate with the killer so I'm not sure what they saw on their UI.

In my opinion, if you unhook yourself you shouldn't get a 2nd hook state added but... that's just my opinion. I just reported it how I saw it. They can fix it (or not) however they see fit.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,206

It happened one time when I was playing duo, that I unhooked my swf mate really late and on my UI it showed only 1 hook, but it was 2 on theirs.

This could have happened here too