The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Buff distortion

Can we atleast have more than 5 tokens, With the new scourge hook perk i find myself losing tokens early instead of being able to preserve them in some possible way, i can't predict if my teammates are going to unhook or not, i can't just hide in the locker all day, can we atleast buff it so players wouldn't lose out so much just by using the perk as it was intended. Thank you.

Comments

• Letholldus
    Letholldus Member Posts: 49

I'd say it's still useful, it lets you know they have the scourge hook when you'd otherwise not know. Additionally, if the scourge hook is their only aura reading ability then you can literally ignore its aura reading for over half the game (As it takes 12 hooks to kill everyone, and since you can't de-hook a survivor that's died on the hook to activate it, it can only be used 8 times) and that's assuming they get every hook on a scourge hook. Now I can see it being annoying if they do a full aura reading build, but that kind of requires them to run multiple aura reading perks to counter/pressure just the one perk

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

It has alot ways to improve the perk by earning tokens

Starts with 2 token, earn 1 for each Gen

Starts with 1 token, earn 1 for each complete heal

Ect...

• jeanperson
    jeanperson Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2022

I would rather make it gain token with totem that YOU cleanse... that limit the total token possible, and force you to get your way out of the objective to get it.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063

Another way to gain tokens could be the Stake-Out/ Diversion method: Build them up while near the killer and not in chase

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

The only way I would buff Distortion is to make it block killer instinct too. Unlimited, automatic aura blocking is way too strong. The reason you get four tokens is to determine which perks or add-ons the killer is using. You can then decide to keep blocking that same perk or add-on with Distortion, or save the tokens to determine other aura reading perks or add-ons the killer may have.