Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

another suggestion of Spirit rework to make her more fun to play against. (EDITED)

jeanperson
jeanperson Member Posts: 37
edited March 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Spirit is the Killer that made me buy DBD so it's pretty much not a survivor's side girevance post,

but I understand the survivors side ennoyance of playing against.

so here are the changes suggestion: (EDITED)

0) remove all the sound notification of phasing, and the noise of the phasing and the current implementation made to give infos of the direction of her phasing. ( I forgot to mention that in the OP)

1) passive phasing occur ONLY when the power is on cooldown; and the alternance would be like 1% of the CD visible at first then invisible for 9% and then back visible for 2% and then invisible for 8%, etc... then visible for the last 10% of the CD. The CD would start only when unphased.

so survivors would know when her power is on CD or not... and the passive phasing would be more powerfull just following unphasing and could be used more effectively.

2) CD is based on a ratio (varie with addon) of the time spent in phasing, so the longer time you spend into phasing the longer the CD... and the passive phasing.

(edit) forgot to say that casting time would be castable while moving now, as onryo or wraith.

3) Husk remain until spirit use her power again...

so if a player can see her prior husk and see that husk disappear then he know she is in phasing.

4) destroying the husk would force the spirit out of phasing, destroying the husk would be an action pretty much the duration of killer snuffing boon totem; Husk would no longer be destroyed by flashlight. Destroying a Husk while the spirit is not in phasing would not put her power on CD.

5) TR should be transfered to the husk for it's whole presence, and not a fix different radius but the current TR of spirit modified by perks and such.

6) Bloodlust is kept while phasing and resolve as normal when unphasing, (that should be by default for many other killer like ghostfface or wraith, using your power shouldn't remove bloodlust)

7) I still think that instead of being able to hear sound in phasing, spirit should be able to see auras, because Aura are counterable and enable synergy with perks, while hearing only force Iron will perk as a meta and isn't much counterable in-game.

8) Flashlight would disrupt the passive phasing and force Spirit to remain visilbe. (edited)

I think those change would make it more fun to play against, more easy to play for new players and with proper addon old player could pretty much play her as they are used to play...

it would open way much more possible fun Addon, like:

-making Husk remain until destroyed, but drastically increasing the CD ratio.

-making Husk destructable with flashlight but gaining extra BP.

-

Post edited by jeanperson on

Comments

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    edited March 2022

She’s fine as is. These are incredibly massive nerfs.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

She doesn't need any more basekit nerfs. DCB needs a rework and MDR needs a nerf and then she will be fine.

• jeanperson

how is that a nerf... I removed point 7 because I'm pretty sure that's the sole base of your argument.

Husk requiring interaction and player to move toward it to caunter you isn't a nerf, and the time required to destroy the husk would require in-game balance...

the Husk remaining until you re-use your power isn't a nerf it's a buff,

if you are not phased then destroying your husk won't put your power on CD, only if you are forced out of phasing...

and Phasing becoming instant cast to enter isn't a nerf either.

the main idea is that the Passive Phasing informe player that you are on CD... but the CD is based on the time that you spent in phasing...

and as I mentionned the passive phasing would be a ratio of that CD time...

so if you spend 120 seconds in phasing...

let suppose that the ratio would be by default 1/1

the your CD would be 120 sec... but you would be visible for 1.2 seconds after exiting Phasing, and then passively phase out for

10.8 seconds, then become visible for another 2,4 sec, then passively phased for 9.6 sec... etc

during the passive phasing the other players don't see you but you see them...

so the passive phasing is drastically buffed and wrapped into the CD.

Husk also become buffed as they can be used to block windows not unly during you phasing...

but each of those buff are counterbalanced by potencial counters from the survivors.

Nothing prevent BHVR from making an Iri addon that place back the cast time and standing still requirement while causign you to not be forced out of your power if you husk is destroyed.

That would bring it back to pretty much the old playstyle, still buffed.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Survivors shouldn’t be able to see when it’s on cooldown/force her out of phasing. Unlimited phasing duration is unbelievably busted and terrible design. This basically turns her into a completely different killer. She is perfectly fine as is.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

All this will do is just make her a killer who can't function properly when interacting with survivors. Keep in mind that interacting with survivors in this game can happen passively with the killer knowing it is happening. So if someone just happens to point their camera in her direction you're asking the game itself to decide whether or not she qualifies as "seen". We know from Ghostface that the game pretty much doesn't have the ability to properly distinguish when someone should qualify as "seen" even when there is technically LOS blocking terrain pieces.

Why would you want to have another killer need to deal with that headache?

• jeanperson

you understand the passive phasing mechanics right?

in passive phasing you switch between lapse of being seen and unseen...

as a killer you aren't aware of it since you remain visible but you are unseen by other survivors already so you point is completly irrelevant since already in-game.

I merely tied the passive phasing to the power CD and ratioed the CD to the time spent in phasing.... allowing spirit to stay as long as she want in phasing with the trade back of a long CD

but the idea is that the passive phasing would last in a ratio of the CD duration so the longer your CD the londer you passive phasing invisibility will last...

so addon that currently affect passive phasing would more likely simply increase the cooldown of your power ( and maybe add BP bonus)

• jeanperson

you obviously fail to understand the concept of countermesure and mechanical game balance...

1) linking passive phasing to CD allow so information of counterplay,

off course I forgot to mention in OP that any sound notif of you phasing woudl be removed, so I edited it.

2)the Phasing duration being illimited isn't busted as your power CD is ratioed on that time use... it's inherently self-balancing; remain only to define the default ratio.

but that allow to buff passive phasing since it would occur only during power CD... thus is a trade off...

and the passive phase are a ratio aswell of that CD so the invisible moment of the passive phasing would last longer the londer the CD...

so you could have a 10 sec moment that other players don'T see you while your power is on CD.

that open way more versatile game play.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Makes me glad we have the balance team we do.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

How about we just leave her alone already? That would be even better!

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

I understand the passive phasing mechanics. What I fail to understand is your proposal and how it would remotely benefit Spirit in anyway when she's already got a lot of counterplay baked into her kit and generally speaking passive phasing even with add-on support has never been good mechanic to lean on.