Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Lag/Stutter PS4

Youko
Youko Member Posts: 187

Ever since the matchmaking tests began, PS4 has been having worsening lag/stutter/complete loss of frames upon any action that requires server validation with the killer. This was barely noticeable the first day of testing, but became progressively worse as the tests went on and has not improved since they have ended. This issue is occurring with seemingly all killers and the more complex the interactions (swing+pallet throw), or the further away the killer and survivor are (any projectile attacks) experience the worst of these effects.

Two experiences stood out last night and today. When facing the huntress yesterday, as she connected with a hatchet at fairly close range my screen immediately froze up. As it unfroze, the Huntress had already hit me with a follow up basic attack and I was suddenly on the ground.

In a match I just had with Freddy, I was mind-gaming a pallet, waiting for him to blind swing around the corner. As he did I again experienced a freeze and could not throw the pallet. That same match, I had line of sight to throw the pallet at Freddy directly in front of me, but as I jammed the button, nothing happened and I again saw a hit as I lost frames for a second or two. Then suddenly it registered all my previous presses and threw the pallet and jumped over it without me pressing anything but a directional button. At another point, I was clearing standing on one side of the pallet when I threw it, but suddenly found myself on the other side as it went down.

The most frustrating part is that it's not consistent per match or killer. It doesn't happen every Huntress hatchet throw, or every pallet throw, or even every match. The same interaction can be more or less laggy in a single match, consistently bad, or something not present at all.

System: PS4 (original model)

Wired connection with stable, high speed connection

Steps to reproduce: Variable with any survivor/killer interaction.

Frequency: Mild-moderate disruption ~25% of interactions, severe disruption~5-10% of interactions.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated