We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Twins: Make victor explode when near a survivor being hooked

mibbs
mibbs Member Posts: 17
edited April 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

as an actual twins player i have to say that while their nature will always be slug heavy i dont think that they need to have as strong a capability for camping. The cheesiest hits i get are the ones where i down a survivor with victor next to a hook, which is a fairly common occurrence. Frequently my best play is to just leave him here since his radar is actually effective in this scenario and go for whoever unhooks. If instead he were to die in the same way as he is when hes recalled it would prevent the most common and easiest tactic for camping as Twins.

This would hopefully be in exchange for compensatory buffs in QoL areas like how long after a hit he can be kicked. Victor rampages might have been problematic at launch but perhaps with all the healing these days letting Victor run free in exchange for a significant cut to their ability to camp effectively would be a fun and fair change. Or something else, i dunno. I just dont think it will be terribly missed either way, and there are definitely some rough patches for twins so maybe it could all be smoothed out at once.

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,565

They need their entire kit to be looked at.

Hoping that their re-work is actually impactful and not another clown situation that didn't feel too drastic in gameplay. They better not be re-named to "the Triplets" and have a new twin, Victoria as their newest addition as the only change to their re-work. /s

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,751

I agree, but they also need way more changes than just that.

But yes, if charlotte has to be a certain distance from a hook to send out victor, why is she allowed to just position victor there ahead of time? It’s ridiculous.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 308

Poor Victor, first being kicked and now exploded...survivors must be stopped, must call the Hooking patrol!

• CharlieChatBox
    CharlieChatBox Member Posts: 258

Hook camping is lame.

Also, Charlotte has way too little control of her other half. And it grows back too fast after destruction.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,134

I don't want to be killed as Victor more times than I already am.

• mibbs

I would take the death there for buffs elsewhere is what I mean. Rather have less hook camping for better quality of life on actual play

• dinomazing
    dinomazing Member Posts: 119

Honestly, at the very least, I wish you could recall victor while he's idle like you can if he's being held hostage.

Like, I'd LOVE to not leave Victor by the hook, but I'm also not going to go out of my way to use him when there's no one injured just because he happens to down someone near a hook.

I'd rather have the option to be able to toddle off as Charlotte to go smack some people around first and after he's idle for a bit recall him so I can easier use him in the immediate next chase.

• mibbs

Mhmm I agree with both of these. Leaving Victor under a hook is frequently my best option but it doesn't feel like something I did but the survivor got unlucky. and yeah having Victor Crossmap is worse than having him held hostage, at least they're incapacitated

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,134

They're already punished for hook camping. You can't release Victor when you're within a certain distance of the hooked person, which denies you your power even if you're not intending to camp. Same with Artist.

• mibbs

Yes I'm saying when Victor is idle next to a hook and I hook there it should auto destroy him at the same range they cannot unbind, I think the fact you can't release and park him there is good but the fact you can get around it easily is cheesey and contributes to their strength in a way I don't find fun playing them. I would rather have faster swapping, shorter cd after downing or some other buff added at the same time as the nerf to camping is all I mean. It's just too easy to get around the intended mechanic since you frequently down with Victor in a tile and there's a hook at least half the time, and you can even park him right under the hook you're going to if you're feeling very mean. It's not really punishing camping if you can easily set up a radar and injure anyone getting close.

If artist could set up birds before hooking someone and have them stay up until the person got unhooked id also want that changed