Huntress should have 115% movement speed

I know some might disagree, but in my view, huntress should have 115% movement speed. She’s a pretty good killer already, but what really hinders her is how she’s 110% movement speed. She’s only really deadly when survivors are in the open and you can land your hatchets. Yes, you can do the little trick where you get a hatchet hit in when they drop a pallet but good survivors normally won’t let that happen. 

I think if she had 115% speed, she wouldn’t be so prone to the usual gen rush and pallet looping. I might have a bias too since she’s my favorite killer :) lol... what do you guys think?

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

That would definitely make her stronger, but not as strong as nurse imo

• FujinRaijin
    FujinRaijin Member Posts: 72

I don't agree or disagree, I think it would be nice but I think that a buff like this would require at least the compensation of reworking I-heads.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    I'd prefer to give her the ability to equip more base hatchets than the usual. Due to frame issues, playing as her on console makes it difficult. But I imagine, she's lethal in the hands of a skilled player. 
  • iTz_KilLaZ_x
    iTz_KilLaZ_x Member Posts: 300
    No git gud.Watch zubatlel or scottjund 
    I’m aware... im already good with her and have fun playing her. But against solid swf teams, she’s not good enough to keep up.
  • ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115
    edited November 2018

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ConsoleNurse said:

I’m aware... im already good with her and have fun playing her. But against solid swf teams, she’s not good enough to keep up.

If you are good enough at her (and you're not on like...Lery's or Haddonfield), yes, yes she is.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    I know some might disagree, but in my view, huntress should have 115% movement speed. She’s a pretty good killer already, but what really hinders her is how she’s 110% movement speed. She’s only really deadly when survivors are in the open and you can land your hatchets. Yes, you can do the little trick where you get a hatchet hit in when they drop a pallet but good survivors normally won’t let that happen. 

I think if she had 115% speed, she wouldn’t be so prone to the usual gen rush and pallet looping. I might have a bias too since she’s my favorite killer :) lol... what do you guys think?
    I'm completely fine with this because every survivor has a huge warning to begin with and certain safe loops are terrible for her. Bringing her movement speed to 4.6m/s ~115% isn't much to ask for since she does struggle with map pressure.
  • nikodelpino
    nikodelpino Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2018

I feel what the Huntress needs is her hum to be 32 meter radius (instead of the actual 45) and not to be directional.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I feel what the Huntress needs is her hum to be 32 meter radius (instead of the actual 45) and not to be directional.

Why would her humming not be directional? Shes literally the point of origin of the sound.
  • iTz_KilLaZ_x
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ConsoleNurse said:

If you are good enough at her (and you're not on like...Lery's or Haddonfield), yes, yes she is.

You struggled against marths depip squad sooo
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited November 2018

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ConsoleNurse said:

Who wouldn't struggle against an army of sweaty 2000+ hour players? lol

• NMCKE

That would break her. I don't think people understand how valuable movement speed is.

Movement Speed is amazing for killers but I can argue a movement speed increase for the Huntress with some reasoning.

She will be able to travel points on the map more faster which isn't a problem since survivors already know when she's coming.
    She will be more lethal in a chase but really, a good Huntress will still use her hatchets and wouldn't rely on her M1 capabilities.

Running out of hatchets won't be a game ender since she can now rely on her 115%. Additionally, certain loops, you can't hatchet your way to victory... You'll have to force the pallet down the old fashion way which is the main reason why I think she needs a movement speed increase. If she was able to deal with pallet loops with her hatchets whether it be mind games, good aiming, and etc... She wouldn't need a movement speed increase. That's my reasoning on why she needs a movement speed increase.
  • Link
    Link Member Posts: 135
    edited November 2018

I doubt huntress is going anywhere any time soon, which is sad since any change to her is exciting as i am a huntress main. The problem you're giving us is a dbd problem, not a huntress problem, YES it does affect her more then others but you are basically giving the argument of gens are done too fast. So buffing huntress to 115% wouldn't essentially solve the problem. But back to the point where i said she isnt going anywhere is because people consider her simply balanced, probably the most balanced out of all killers. When it comes to killers there are weak ones and strong ones, Huntress is in the perfect middle ground. If anything the only buff that i'd see coming is increased base hatchet wind-up time which they said would be coming since they were gonna nerf the insta hatchets but yet there has still been no word of.

• Visionmaker
    edited November 2018

@Nickenzie said:
    Visionmaker said:

That would break her. I don't think people understand how valuable movement speed is.

She will be more lethal in a chase but really, a good Huntress will still use her hatchets and wouldn't rely on her M1 capabilities.

Running out of hatchets won't be a game ender since she can now rely on her 115%. Additionally, certain loops, you can't hatchet your way to victory... You'll have to force the pallet down the old fashion way which is the main reason why I think she needs a movement speed increase. If she was able to deal with pallet loops with her hatchets whether it be mind games, good aiming, and etc... She wouldn't need a movement speed increase. That's my reasoning on why she needs a movement speed increase.

I don't really agree with this part. I wholly think Huntress will be overly used for her 115ms M1 to end chases with M2 only used to cripple them with her generously outdated Exhaustion addons.

I don't think skilled Huntress players should have any problems with loops. Most loops in the game are unsafe, especially against her, and the biggest "problem" in loops is the fact that her fat ass hatchet hitbox gets caught on objects. Arguably, I don't think people want realism in hatch hitbox because it'll be much harder to hit players.

Her weakness of having to reload hatchets should stay this way. She is countered by prolonged juking followed by stealth, and both sides are rewarded for being skillful.

She simply lacks the most in her map presence, especially in maps with lots of LoS breakers. Making her OP and noob-friendly with movement speed is not the way to fix this.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ConsoleNurse said:

Bruh it was literally the sweatiest team on the planet, I didn't use Iridescent Head, or Instathrow, or Ruin, and I was on Swamp of all maps...with Huntress. Also I still won.

Obviously yeah it was hard as balls but there's pretty much 0 teams that try that hard. A normal SWF can be destroyed by a good Huntress.

Idk man... I seem to be encountering depip squads 30% of the time at rank 1. All use meta perks, gen rush, etc. I hate it
  • Visionmaker

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ConsoleNurse said:

Bruh it was literally the sweatiest team on the planet, I didn't use Iridescent Head, or Instathrow, or Ruin, and I was on Swamp of all maps...with Huntress. Also I still won.

Obviously yeah it was hard as balls but there's pretty much 0 teams that try that hard. A normal SWF can be destroyed by a good Huntress.

Idk man... I seem to be encountering depip squads 30% of the time at rank 1. All use meta perks, gen rush, etc. I hate it

Right... like every killer that uses the same meta perks and mori/instadown addons should be called 'depip killers' too.

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    I'm popular opinion time but I don't care. What we really need on her is a Crosshair. That's all I want
  • iTz_KilLaZ_x

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ConsoleNurse said:

Right... like every killer that uses the same meta perks and mori/instadown addons should be called 'depip killers' too.

The meta for killer isn’t as crutch and strong as what survivors have. And besides, gens can still be done at ridiculously fast rates
  • Visionmaker
    edited November 2018

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Visionmaker said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said: ConsoleNurse said:

I’m aware... im already good with her and have fun playing her. But against solid swf teams, she’s not good enough to keep up. If you are good enough at her (and you're not on like...Lery's or Haddonfield), yes, yes she is.

The meta for killer isn’t as crutch and strong as what survivors have. And besides, gens can still be done at ridiculously fast rates

... So? It's meta anyway. The point is that survivors using the strongest tools in their disposal aren't all out to get the killer to depip, and vice versa.

And I dunno, I find Irihead and Infantry belt Huntress or Mint Rag+Shackle+MYC Hag just as tryhard as Instaheals+DS.

And Ebony Mori is more of a crutch than anything else in this game.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ConsoleNurse said:

Just because they all rock "crutch perks" doesnt mean they're Depip squad. I've had games with 3sc 3bt 3ds all flashlights and the 4th with heal perks and a bnp. 4k. Just run the counter crutch perks like ruin, noed, bbq. Boom. 
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited November 2018

Either give her normal movement speed or remove the lullaby. Her ranged attack doesn't justify both of these hindrances. The Clown has a very powerful ranged tool, but he's not hindered in any way -that's why he's a superior killer compared to the Huntress.

Post edited by Acromio on
  • iTz_KilLaZ_x

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Visionmaker said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ScottJund said:

I’m aware... im already good with her and have fun playing her. But against solid swf teams, she’s not good enough to keep up. If you are good enough at her (and you're not on like...Lery's or Haddonfield), yes, yes she is.

... So? It's meta anyway. The point is that survivors using the strongest tools in their disposal aren't all out to get the killer to depip, and vice versa.

And I dunno, I find Irihead and Infantry belt Huntress or Mint Rag+Shackle+MYC Hag just as tryhard as Instaheals+DS.

But do you acknowledge that gens still get done ridiculously fast
  • NMCKE

@Nickenzie said:
    Visionmaker said:

I don't really agree with this part. I wholly think Huntress will be overly used for her 115ms M1 to end chases with M2 only used to cripple them with her generously outdated Exhaustion addons.

I don't think skilled Huntress players should have any problems with loops. Most loops in the game are unsafe, especially against her, and the biggest "problem" in loops is the fact that her fat ass hatchet hitbox gets caught on objects. Arguably, I don't think people want realism in hatch hitbox because it'll be much harder to hit players.

Her weakness of having to reload hatchets should stay this way. She is countered by prolonged juking followed by stealth, and both sides are rewarded for being skillful.

She simply lacks the most in her map presence, especially in maps with lots of LoS breakers. Making her OP and noob-friendly with movement speed is not the way to fix this.

I had an idea on how they should rework the hatchet hit box to make her more of force to be reckoned with. There should be two invisible spheres at the center of the hatchet with one of the two spheres being tremendously bigger and the other being really small. The big sphere will detect if it comes in contact with a survivor (hit registering) while the small sphere will detect if it comes in contact with a object (collision). This means less collision due to your hatchet collision hit box being too big while the hit detection for survivors remain the same. See where I'm coming from?
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    edited November 2018
    Speaking as someone that plays both sides, Huntress definitely does not need 115% movement speed.

Currently, I think she is in a good spot, probably in the top 5, at the very least. 

Sure, she gets wrecked at certain loops (much like every 'slow' killer), but your power/mindgames/perks/add-ons can most definitely compensate. Depending on the map/loop, you may even need to "take the pallet" in order to remove it. Certain loops/windows/doubles can be dealt with  by being accurate / proactive with your tosses. 

Her current speed, unique lullaby, and power all add to her balance. The lullaby intentionally gives survivors a chance to find cover, as her power is literally that viable, and her movement speed stops her from becoming a brokeass Billy wherein people would just ride survivors while mashing hatchets, as the cooldown is less than a regular attack.
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

@ScottJund said:

@Acromio said:
    Either give her normal movement speed or remove the lullaby. Her ranged attack doesn't justify both of these hindrances. The Clown has a very powerful raged tool, but he's not hindered in any way.

The Clown''s vials don't directly damage people wit ha short cooldown. They are not comparable abilities.

It doesn't matter. The Clown doesn't get screwed by [auto-bad word]tty collisions and even [auto-bad word] map design. The Huntress does.

• nikodelpino
    nikodelpino Member Posts: 27

@Carpemortum said:
    nikodelpino said:

Why would her humming not be directional? Shes literally the point of origin of the sound.

Yeah, and I agree with you, she's the point of origin of the sound. But that's a big hinderance for her. It's very easy to play immersed against her. Combine that on a map like Lerys, the Game or Yamaoka state, if you don't have Whispers you will have a really hard time to find survivors. That's why I feel the hum should be reduced and not directional.

• ScottJund

@Acromio said:

@ScottJund said:

@Acromio said:
    Either give her normal movement speed or remove the lullaby. Her ranged attack doesn't justify both of these hindrances. The Clown has a very powerful raged tool, but he's not hindered in any way.

The Clown''s vials don't directly damage people wit ha short cooldown. They are not comparable abilities.

It doesn't matter. The Clown doesn't get screwed by [auto-bad word]tty collisions and even [auto-bad word] map design. The Huntress does.

..it does matter when we're discussing projectiles specifically.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

@ScottJund said:

@Acromio said:

@ScottJund said:

@Acromio said:

*rides survivor at 115% movement speed, mashing M2 with 6 hatchets, as M1 is now obsolete.

Skillz.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited November 2018

Fix hatchet hitboxes so that they don't collide with invisible walls and she would be perfect. I used to think she needed more movement speed but then they fixed some horrid loops and she is way better now. Some loops still suck but for those I tend to just bloodlust and disrespect the pallet.

@ScottJund said:

@Acromio said:

@ScottJund said:

@Acromio said:

Also it matters that bottles are an AOE effect while hatchets are not. It's easy to hit someone with the cloud of gas, but it's WAY harder to hit them with the actual bottle unless you are right on top of them. He just doesn't NEED to hit you unless he's got a pinky finger.

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

she is very weak when wind up hatchet , she does not need better speed, she needs to put the throw hatchet up faster to counter pallets and windows cause survivors always have time to jump and crouch.

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135
    edited November 2018

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Keep her at 110% when she is armed with hatchets, but increase it to 115% when she's all out.

That's.... actually a good idea! It'll give people a better chance to win a chase instead of abandoning it to get hatchets, and overall make it faster to get hatchets.

• Visionmaker

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Visionmaker said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ScottJund said:

But do you acknowledge that gens still get done ridiculously fast
    Of course. That should be the biggest priority for the devs to fix.
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ConsoleNurse said:

gratz on beating the depip squad at that time when they ran without perks and toolboxes

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@MhhBurgers said:

@ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ConsoleNurse said:

gratz on beating the depip squad at that time when they ran without perks and toolboxes

It wasn't him that brought it up lmfao, regardless - A LOT has changed with the game since their "experiment" and I'd doubt they'd do as good now as they did then.

• TheLegion
    TheLegion Member Posts: 10

Seeing that The Huntress is considered a balanced killer I don't think the speed buff is necessary
  • ScottJund

@Acromio said:

@ScottJund said:

@Acromio said:

..it does matter when we're discussing projectiles specifically.> @MhhBurgers said:

@ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ConsoleNurse said:

You're right, the game has gotten even easier for killer since then. It should be easier now.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited November 2018

@ScottJund said:

@Acromio said:

@ScottJund said:

@Acromio said:

..it does matter when we're discussing projectiles specifically.> @MhhBurgers said:

@ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ConsoleNurse said:

You're right, the game has gotten even easier for killer since then. It should be easier now.

Because it's totally realistic for survivors to not bring perks and items into a match.

The fact still stands that good survivors with coordination will beat a good killer and the effort it takes so is not high since survivor gameplay is mostly running around loops and knowing where pallets and certain loops spawn/can spawn.

There have been no heavy nerfs to survivor gameplay that would affect them to an extent to where it makes it easier to play killer.

And really, not wanting to be rude but I don't think balancing for 5000+ hour ppl who play this game as basically a job is something I would do as a gamedev.

And btw the small nerfs that survivors received would not be as helpful as playing against the depip squad while they repair 25% faster and have perks, survivor skill ceiling is incredibly low.

Post edited by MhhBurgers on
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

think about this, a ranged killer able to be moving at high speeds and can use add ons to one hit

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Keep her at 110% when she is armed with hatchets, but increase it to 115% when she's all out.
    Like some sort of encumbrance factor with the hatchets. That makes sense. (Not sarcastic, btw).
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Watery said:
    Like some sort of encumbrance factor with the hatchets. That makes sense. (Not sarcastic, btw).

Same. That seems to be the best of both worlds, as a Huntress without her hatchets is just an M1 Killer.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

no

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2018
    Orion said:

@Watery said:

Same. That seems to be the best of both worlds, as a Huntress without her hatchets is just an M1 Killer.

And she’s very easily looped during that state, making her reliant on bloodlust (if she wants to get a hit), but due to the nature of her kit, she can’t have an immense lunge. So a movement speed buff would make complete sense.
    EDIT:Though, I do think that would make her higher on the tiers- the main focus should be that we should make the other killers somewhat playable (at both low and high ranks), before we get into the technical portions of characters like the huntress.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited November 2018

@Watery said:
    And she’s very easily looped during that state, making her reliant on bloodlust (if she wants to get a hit), but due to the nature of her kit, she can’t have an immense lunge. So a movement speed buff would make complete sense.

Indeed. A similar mechanic could be argued for the Hag (higher movement speed if no traps are set).