Huntress should have 115% movement speed

Comments

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

Fix the hitboxes again and boost her movement speed, I think it's a good trade.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

@Orion said:

@Watery said:
    And she’s very easily looped during that state, making her reliant on bloodlust (if she wants to get a hit), but due to the nature of her kit, she can’t have an immense lunge. So a movement speed buff would make complete sense.

Indeed. A similar mechanic could be argued for the Hag (higher movement speed if no traps are set).

Are there still differences in killer lunges?

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Raccoon said:

@Orion said:

@Watery said:
    And she’s very easily looped during that state, making her reliant on bloodlust (if she wants to get a hit), but due to the nature of her kit, she can’t have an immense lunge. So a movement speed buff would make complete sense.

Indeed. A similar mechanic could be argued for the Hag (higher movement speed if no traps are set).

I believe so, but it may be hardly noticeable. With the exception of the spirit, which makes it look like there is. I’ll doublecheck.
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@ConsoleNurse said:
    No git gud.Watch zubatlel or scottjund 

These types of comments are just redundant. You picked arguable the two best Huntress players to compare to. Both have a ridiculous amount of hours, like 4000. Of course they are gonna be good.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    iceman2kx said:

@ConsoleNurse said:

These types of comments are just redundant. You picked arguable the two best Huntress players to compare to. Both have a ridiculous amount of hours, like 4000. Of course they are gonna be good.

@iceman2kx
    Ok so it's fine to balance the game around the depip squad level but not around good killers. Good to know!
  • MartiH
    MartiH Member Posts: 34
    Killers who have abilities that help them to shorten chases are usually slower (except for hillbilly??).
    I think the devs made it this way to make the killer balanced and also to encourage the player to master the killer's ability.

Huntress is fine in my opinion, the lullaby range is way too big though.
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Than hag, nurse and the spirit should be buffed cause they're ''loopable''

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    I would not complain. 
    Throwing hatchets over waist high obstacles is unreliable as hell and probably the intent of her hatchets for breaking loops.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    I know some might disagree, but in my view, huntress should have 115% movement speed. She’s a pretty good killer already, but what really hinders her is how she’s 110% movement speed. She’s only really deadly when survivors are in the open and you can land your hatchets. Yes, you can do the little trick where you get a hatchet hit in when they drop a pallet but good survivors normally won’t let that happen. 

I think if she had 115% speed, she wouldn’t be so prone to the usual gen rush and pallet looping. I might have a bias too since she’s my favorite killer :) lol... what do you guys think?

That or bring her instahatchets back, she's far too easy to bully and she needs a way to counter those loops. Like I always say, no matter how good a Huntress is, if the survivor plays it correctly, she'll get abused and looped around 1 loop (normal sized) at least 8 times before pallet drop. I've faced some great Huntress players who have a hard time and with the skill they got with her, they deserve to be rewarded.

• Poweas
    edited November 2018

There's another way around her slow speed too, you could make her hum go. I believe she has a 20m terror radius that would allow her to sneak up on survivors. But I love her hum so I wish it wasn't louder the closer she is, and it always sounds distant. If she rank moniter and abuse with a constant distant hum, she could really sneak up on survivors. She'd be viable and very strong again.

• Poweas

@Watery said:
    Raccoon said:

@Orion said:

@Watery said:

I believe so, but it may be hardly noticeable. With the exception of the spirit, which makes it look like there is. I’ll doublecheck.

They fixed the difference last patch I think.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Keep her at 110% when she is armed with hatchets, but increase it to 115% when she's all out.
    Fantastic idea, as usual, great job @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY!
  • ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

@PiiFree said:
    lol @the guys that said "the depip squad is only 0.1% of the playerbase!". Scott is even less than that and yet he struggled against them.

Next level argumentation here but why doesn't this surprise me.

"Watch Scott, he reks them all!"

watched scott vs depip squad

"Noooo, not against the depip squad! Watch him play against some unskilled plebs! Depip squad is only 0,1% of playerbase!"

why does everyone keep saying I struggled with that game? it was hard as balls but I didn't even use her strongest stuff on a weak map for Huntress, and I just AFK'd the last guy on the hook because the entire point was to break their no-pip streak.

@Poweas said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    I know some might disagree, but in my view, huntress should have 115% movement speed. She’s a pretty good killer already, but what really hinders her is how she’s 110% movement speed. She’s only really deadly when survivors are in the open and you can land your hatchets. Yes, you can do the little trick where you get a hatchet hit in when they drop a pallet but good survivors normally won’t let that happen.

I think if she had 115% speed, she wouldn’t be so prone to the usual gen rush and pallet looping. I might have a bias too since she’s my favorite killer :) lol... what do you guys think?

That or bring her instahatchets back, she's far too easy to bully and she needs a way to counter those loops. Like I always say, no matter how good a Huntress is, if the survivor plays it correctly, she'll get abused and looped around 1 loop (normal sized) at least 8 times before pallet drop. I've faced some great Huntress players who have a hard time and with the skill they got with her, they deserve to be rewarded.

Instahatchets do NOT need to come back. They were blatantly overpowered and stupid.

• Poweas

@ScottJund said:

@PiiFree said:
    lol @the guys that said "the depip squad is only 0.1% of the playerbase!". Scott is even less than that and yet he struggled against them.

"Noooo, not against the depip squad! Watch him play against some unskilled plebs! Depip squad is only 0,1% of playerbase!"

why does everyone keep saying I struggled with that game? it was hard as balls but I didn't even use her strongest stuff on a weak map for Huntress, and I just AFK'd the last guy on the hook because the entire point was to break their no-pip streak.

@Poweas said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Instahatchets do NOT need to come back. They were blatantly overpowered and stupid.

At least they made her viable.

• Raccoon

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@PiiFree said:

@Poweas said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

She's still in the top-tier.

It doesn't get much more viable than that O_O;

• ScottJund

@Poweas said:

I'm sorry but if the only way you could win with Huntress was with instathrow, you are just a bad Huntress and your opinion of her is obviously not accurate or supported by enough experience.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    iTz_KilLaZ_x Member Posts: 300
    Idk how Scott, a veteran DBD player, doesn’t recognize how unbalanced this game can be when solid swf teams step in. You’re a great huntress but come on now... you should know how easy survivors still have things if they play optimally 
  • Poweas

@ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

I'm sorry but if the only way you could win with Huntress was with instathrow, you are just a bad Huntress and your opinion of her is obviously not accurate or supported by enough experience.

What I didn't even have her maxed back then and I didnt even play her until after her nerf.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

Truth has been spoken.
    I don't usually follow streamers but i will follow you from now on @ScottJund
  • Poweas

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

What I didn't even have her maxed back then and I didnt even play her until after her nerf.

And don't get me started on all her flaws rn seriously I will make a whole essay over how she's weak.

• Poweas

@Raccoon said:

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@PiiFree said:

@Poweas said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

She's mid tier for sure. Too ez to loop, if u don't mess up which u rarely do, you can get 8 loops in before dropping the pallets.

• ScottJund

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

If you didn't even play her with instathrow how do you know what the experience of using instathrow is like?

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Idk how Scott, a veteran DBD player, doesn’t recognize how unbalanced this game can be when solid swf teams step in. You’re a great huntress but come on now... you should know how easy survivors still have things if they play optimally 

If a full team has like 4 toolboxes, 4 DS, 4 Unbreakable, 4 Sprint Burst, all on comms, then yes, that's overpowered.

Has that ever actually happened to you? Maybe one game ever?

I disagree dude. This patch has been the easiest it has ever been for killer. Some maps are just completely dead and there's nothing survivors can do on them anymore. There are also still some strong Survivor maps too, but the game is the easiest its ever been for killer. I don't care how much they're talking on comms, it doesn't help them not die faster in a chase.

• ScottJund

@Poweas said:

@Raccoon said:

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@PiiFree said:

@Poweas said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

She's mid tier for sure. Too ez to loop, if u don't mess up which u rarely do, you can get 8 loops in before dropping the pallets.

Okay you have no idea what you're talking about if you think you can legitimately loop ANY killer 8 times around anything.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

If you didn't even play her with instathrow how do you know what the experience of using instathrow is like?

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

If a full team has like 4 toolboxes, 4 DS, 4 Unbreakable, 4 Sprint Burst, all on comms, then yes, that's overpowered.

I disagree dude. This patch has been the easiest it has ever been for killer. Some maps are just completely dead and there's nothing survivors can do on them anymore. There are also still some strong Survivor maps too, but the game is the easiest its ever been for killer. I don't care how much they're talking on comms, it doesn't help them not die faster in a chase.

I can attest that on Xbox at rank 1, there are many swf teams that all run meta perks with items. It doesn’t happen every match but it’s not as rare as you frame it out to be. My point is, I just want huntress to be slightly more of a threat. Why is it that billy can have all these benefits with very little drawbacks? Huntress is certainly not weak. But her drawbacks hold her back from being on Billy’s level
  • Poweas

@ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

I've seen a friend of mine using them when I went over to his home to play dbd. Seriously he dominated. She was so strong back then. Also I completely agree with this game being much easier for killer. I play both sides and I don't even like Huntress anymore but I agree that she needs that movespeed or non directional hum. Btw love ur streams.

• Poweas

@ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

@Raccoon said:

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@PiiFree said:

@Poweas said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Okay you have no idea what you're talking about if you think you can legitimately loop ANY killer 8 times around anything.

Maybe. I don't play survivor much anymore It's more Nurse and Hag for me. Last time I faced one though, I did an excellent job of baiting her. But you're more experienced then me so maybe you know better? I mean I did only join 1 year and 2 months ago. I'm tired, goodnight dude.

• ScottJund

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

I can attest that on Xbox at rank 1, there are many swf teams that all run meta perks with items. It doesn’t happen every match but it’s not as rare as you frame it out to be. My point is, I just want huntress to be slightly more of a threat. Why is it that billy can have all these benefits with very little drawbacks? Huntress is certainly not weak. But her drawbacks hold her back from being on Billy’s level

Oh no wonder you think she's mid tier, you play on console. Yeah she's not great at all on console.

• ScottJund

@Poweas said:

Maybe. I don't play survivor much anymore It's more Nurse and Hag for me. Last time I faced one though, I did an excellent job of baiting her. But you're more experienced then me so maybe you know better? I mean I did only join 1 year and 2 months ago. I'm tired, goodnight dude.

Always willing to show you how threatening she is in a KYF if you want. Have a good night dude.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Oh no wonder you think she's mid tier, you play on console. Yeah she's not great at all on console.

I have an Xbox one x AND I play on PC too when I go out of town for my job. The frames on the X are tolerable enough to play huntress well. I know my stuff. She’s definitely not up there with billy and nurse...
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    This is like asking Hag, Nurse or T1 Myers to be normal speed. The reason they are not is BALANCE. You are supposed to rely on their power. A good Huntress is absolutely deadly and nearly unavoidable. If you want to buff her to normal speed the devs would need to nerf her in another way.

But then she'd just turn into a bad Hillbilly or Leatherface that doesnt even use their power because they suck at it.
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

@Raccoon said:

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@PiiFree said:

@Poweas said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

I don't really get why people think the average survivor team is a 4-man Claudette hitsquad yet imagine that the average killer has the capability of a sad potato.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    edited November 2018
    This is like asking Hag, Nurse or T1 Myers to be normal speed. The reason they are not is BALANCE. You are supposed to rely on their power. A good Huntress is absolutely deadly and nearly unavoidable. If you want to buff her to normal speed the devs would need to nerf her in another way.

But then she'd just turn into a bad Hillbilly or Leatherface that doesnt even use their power because they suck at it.
    That’s why you test things. Maybe give huntress 115% movement speed and see how the kill rate with her fluctuates. I honestly think it would only go up slightly and not significantly 
  • ScottJund

@Poweas said:

Always willing to show you how threatening she is in a KYF if you want. Have a good night dude.

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

@ScottJund said:

@Poweas said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

I have an Xbox one x AND I play on PC too when I go out of town for my job. The frames on the X are tolerable enough to play huntress well. I know my stuff. She’s definitely not up there with billy and nurse...

Well yeah...Billy and Nurse are better than her.

• Visionmaker

@brokedownpalace said:
    This is like asking Hag to be normal speed.

I can get behind that idea. We should start a petition.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    If BHVR wasn’t so scared to try things, maybe we could see if huntress would be too strong with 115% movement speed. I would bet money that her kill rate would only slightly go up during testing. 
  • ScottJund

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    If BHVR wasn’t so scared to try things, maybe we could see if huntress would be too strong with 115% movement speed. I would bet money that her kill rate would only slightly go up during testing. 

Of course it would go up, but the argument is that it doesn't need to go up because she's already good.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    ScottJund said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Of course it would go up, but the argument is that it doesn't need to go up because she's already good.

Slightly is the key word though. She’s not going to be OP if she was given 115% movement speed. She’d be more of a threat than she already is but that’s a good thing. Survivors should be scared of every killer. When I know I’m going against a Freddy for example, I usually know it’s going to be a gg. 

I know huntress can be very scary and tough to go against. But with how ridiculously fast gens can be done, I just want her to be able to apply more pressure around the map. Her speed really hinders her. And yes, I know she can use those hatchets in many deadly ways... but what she can’t do is traverse the map quickly 
  • fGringo
    fGringo Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2018

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Keep her at 110% when she is armed with hatchets, but increase it to 115% when she's all out.

tha's actually pretty good idea! when she losses all her hatches, she should be able to be at 115%. In a way, she's really a powerless killer without hatches, buffing her while being without hatches, definitely will help on "those" chases that you BARELY miss a hatchet and still be able to be scary as any other killer.

In essence, she's 110% with hatches, 115% without hatches just because she lost the wieght of the hatches lol

• Visionmaker

@fGringo said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

tha's actually pretty good idea! when she losses all her hatches, she should be able to be at 115%. In a way, she's really a powerless killer without hatches, buffing her while being without hatches, definitely will help on "those" chases that you BARELY miss a hatchet and still be able to be scary as any other killer.

In essence, she's 110% with hatches, 115% without hatches just because she lost the wieght of the hatches lol

I think it's a good compromise but bad solution. The Huntress should keep the weakness of needing to reload because it rewards survivors for juking and then being stealthy.

After I juke 4-5 hatchets, my next reaction shouldn't be "ok now she has 115 MS and she'll BL-M1 me to death". It's counterproductive.

If anything, more killers need to be like Huntress (skill-based and rewarding for both sides) and not the other way around.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x

@fGringo said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

I think it's a good compromise but bad solution. The Huntress should keep the weakness of needing to reload because it rewards survivors for juking and then being stealthy.

After I juke 4-5 hatchets, my next reaction shouldn't be "ok now she has 115 MS and she'll BL-M1 me to death". It's counterproductive.

If anything, more killers need to be like Huntress (skill-based and rewarding for both sides) and not the other way around.

Did you see what I said about how I think it’ll only slightly increase her killrate if she gets 115% speed
  • Visionmaker
    edited November 2018

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Visionmaker said:

@fGringo said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Did you see what I said about how I think it’ll only slightly increase her killrate if she gets 115% speed

I care less about the killrate and more about the design of the game. And as it is now, survivors already die more than 1/2 the time at every rank and they're still buffing killers across the board.

Which is fine, but I still stand by my reasoning against MS bonuses.

I'm leaning more toward @Nickenzie's suggestion for reducing the bottom half of the hatchet hitbox so her hatchets can properly bypass obstacles.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Visionmaker said:

@fGringo said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

I care less about the killrate and more about the design of the game. And as it is now, survivors already die more than 1/2 the time at every rank and they're still buffing killers across the board.

This is supposed to be an asymmetrical game. Killers are designed to be strong. Now how strong is subjective, but I don’t approve of the strength regarding certain killers in this game. I’m fine with huntress as of right now but I would LOVE if she got 115% speed. It would make my experience more fun and like I said, she wouldn’t be OP
  • Raccoon

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Visionmaker said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Visionmaker said:

@fGringo said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

This is supposed to be an asymmetrical game. Killers are designed to be strong. Now how strong is subjective, but I don’t approve of the strength regarding certain killers in this game. I’m fine with huntress as of right now but I would LOVE if she got 115% speed. It would make my experience more fun and like I said, she wouldn’t be OP

*rides survivor at 115% movement speed, mashing M2 with 6 hatchets, as M1 is now obsolete.

Not OP at all.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Maybe when not in a chase, her map pressure is by far the weakest
  • iTz_KilLaZ_x
    Raccoon said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Visionmaker said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Visionmaker said:

@fGringo said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

*rides survivor at 115% movement speed, mashing M2 with 6 hatchets, as M1 is now obsolete.

Not OP at all.

If you can loop, you’ll be fine
  • Raccoon

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Raccoon said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Visionmaker said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Visionmaker said:

@fGringo said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

In essence, she's 110% with hatches, 115% without hatches just because she lost the wieght of the hatches lol I think it's a good compromise but bad solution. The Huntress should keep the weakness of needing to reload because it rewards survivors for juking and then being stealthy. After I juke 4-5 hatchets, my next reaction shouldn't be "ok now she has 115 MS and she'll BL-M1 me to death". It's counterproductive. If anything, more killers need to be like Huntress (skill-based and rewarding for both sides) and not the other way around.

Not OP at all.

I am sorry, but this is completely ignorant on so many levels :(

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    Raccoon said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Raccoon said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Visionmaker said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Visionmaker said:

@fGringo said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

In essence, she's 110% with hatches, 115% without hatches just because she lost the wieght of the hatches lol I think it's a good compromise but bad solution. The Huntress should keep the weakness of needing to reload because it rewards survivors for juking and then being stealthy. After I juke 4-5 hatchets, my next reaction shouldn't be "ok now she has 115 MS and she'll BL-M1 me to death". It's counterproductive. If anything, more killers need to be like Huntress (skill-based and rewarding for both sides) and not the other way around.

Not OP at all.

The game is still super unbalanced and in the survivors favor. But nobody wants to use their brain and realize the main issue is time. I’m done discussing over this mediocre game though. I can only hope the devs continue improving their game.
  • ScottJund
    Raccoon said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Raccoon said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Visionmaker said:

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:

Visionmaker said:

@fGringo said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Not OP at all.

The game is still super unbalanced and in the survivors favor. But nobody wants to use their brain and realize the main issue is time. I’m done discussing over this mediocre game though. I can only hope the devs continue improving their game.
    it really isn't that unbalanced anymore dude
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@Vietfox said:
    iceman2kx said:

@ConsoleNurse said:

@iceman2kx
    Ok so it's fine to balance the game around the depip squad level but not around good killers. Good to know!

Are you familiar with a strawman argument? Really you should look it up.