We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Every Killer Adapted Into Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition

Options
Chordyceps
Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,659
edited February 19 in Creations

A while ago I started a project of adapting every killer in DBD into D&D 5e, and I have finally completed. I took creative liberties with some things, because some abilities don't really adapt directly into 5e, due to mechanics not shared by both of them. Some values were also adjusted to different numbers, cause while 1 minute in DBD is a relatively short time, 1 minute of combat in D&D is a very long time. Here y'all go: The Compendium of Killers:

I'll give y'all the PDF version as well, for those of you who would prefer to read it all that way instead of scrolling through a bunch of images on this post.

Post edited by Chordyceps on

Comments

• AJMarchi
    AJMarchi Member Posts: 3
    Options

Love this I've thought about doing something like this but never got the chance, I will say at times I was a little confused at some Killers did more damage then most 2d6 was the standard for most of them but some Killers when up to 3d6 or 4d6. Love to see more add as Killers continue to come out.

• Chordyceps
    edited April 2023
    Options

Well it's been one year since I last updated this, and since then we have gotten 4 new killers and one new general perk. It took me a while to get around to it, but I have created stat blocks for the last year of killers, as well as a ability description for shattered hope. Enjoy!

This upcoming year of DBD, I will try to make stat blocks for the new killers as they come out, instead of just doing them all at once at the end of the year.

Post edited by Chordyceps on
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,184
    Options

omg I didn't see this before

that's fantastic work!

• Chordyceps
    Options

thank you! I have a lot of fun making these so I'm glad people like it!

• Chordyceps
    edited May 2023
    Options

Keeping up with my goal to put these out as the killer's release, here is the stat block for the singularity! (Although technically early since he hasn't officially released yet).

• Chordyceps
    Options

It took me a bit to get around to it, but I have now adapted the Xenomorph!

• Chordyceps
    Options

With him having been out a few weeks now, I present: The Good Guy

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 188
    Options

I adore this! I hope this is updated everytime a new killer comes out! 😀

• Chordyceps
    Options

Glad you like it! And updating it with every new killer is the plan!

• Vithar
    Vithar Member Posts: 28
    Options

This is amazing work. Thanks

• MirandaMann
    MirandaMann Member Posts: 1
    Options

I appreciate this and all the hard work. I am a DM who plays with a group of people who have also played DBD. I am going to shamelessly steal this!!!

• Chordyceps
    Options
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,804
    Options

This is a thing of beauty! Such a cool idea and well executed. I can see these making guest appearances on various DnD campaigns.

• Pogosama
    Pogosama Member Posts: 5
    Options

Really appreciate these and will be using them very soon! Is there a PDF updated with all the new additions up to the Good Guy?

Nice work man! Thanks for making this easy for me lol

• Chordyceps
    Options

There isn't yet, but I should be able to put that together relatively soon. I can let you know when that happens.

• Pogosama
    Options

If you're willing to man. I bought the DbD board game awhile back and have been painting all the minis. I have a chance to run a horror themed game soon and was like....wait a minute I have a ton of super dope DbD stuff ready lets just abuse that. Then I stumble across this and MAN you saved me SO MUCH TIME. Super appreciate your efforts here, and just wanted it in one place so I could print it out and source it at the table easily from a notebook.

This is really cool stuff my dude!

• Chordyceps
    Options

Just updated the PDF to include everything, wasn't too much work!

And thank you! It really means a lot to me! Would love to know how the game goes!

• Pogosama
    Options

Extremely kind of you to knock that out for me. First session on Wednesday, and I set up a nemesis table to roll a d100 for the killer. They got The Knight right off the rip, so off to the Borgo!

Thanks a ton!

• Rai_510
    Rai_510 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Don’t mind me just casually waiting for the unknown to arrive on this forum… 🧍

• Chordyceps
    Options

To coincide with the release of the man himself today, I present: The Unknown

• Dj_Faun
    Dj_Faun Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

These look really awesome! And I have a campaign dedicated to fighting against killers.

I do have a couple of questions, though, if you don't mind me asking.

1: What Challenge Rating would you give the Killers? Judging some of these Killers, I don't think they would all be the same CR.

2: Would being exposed be the same as being Vulnerable?

Thanks again for taking the time to make these amazing statblocks! I can't wait to see how well they play in my campaign! :)

• Chordyceps
    edited April 24
    Options

So for question 1, I'm not going to lie, I kinda intentionally avoided giving specific CRs because I felt like I wasn't great at determining what a monster's CR should be. I can say that I kinda tried using the Death Knight, which is a CR 17 monster as a reference point in terms of monster HP, AC attack damage and the sort, . So if I were to estimate their CR, it would probably be in the 15 range or so, give or take a few levels? And yeah, probably not all of them would have the same CR.

For question 2, yes, exposed would function the same as vulnerability, making the targeted creature take double damage under the circumstances described in the attack/ability.