The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Boon Totem Change Idea

Rlabotath
Rlabotath Member Posts: 125
edited April 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Boons: Anyone can now bless a Totem. Every totem has 100 Charges of Blessing. If the killer snuffs the totem, it removes 50 charges of Blessing. Upon running out of charges, the totem breaks.

COH: While not performing any actions, or moving faster than a walk, consume 35/30/25 charges of 25/20/15 seconds to fully heal the Survivor. Does nothing for Dying State Survivors.

Shadow Step: Whenever your aura would be revealed, consume 12/10/8 charges per second your aura would be revealed, and hide it. Any time a Killer would be able to see your scratch marks, consume 3/2/1 Charge per second and Suppress them.

Exponential: After recovering to %60/55/50, consume 50 Charges and recover to the injured state.

Dark Theory: Running Consumes 7/6/5 Charges per second while in a Chase to increase your speed by %2. When leaving the range of the Totem, or the Totem gets snuffed, keep the effect for 7 seconds.

Change to Hex: Plaything: If the hooked Survivor Blessed a Totem, instantly Snuff it and replace it with the Hex Perk. if the Totem remains after the 90 second protection ends, no Survivor can Bless this Totem.

Reasoning: Boons have too much limitless value, that most Killer Hex perks could never replicate. This would allow for them to have a use, yet not with overwhelming value. the buff to Plaything allows it to counter Survivors who have Blessed many totems, while also adding a defensive layer to Survivors being unable to bless it after the protection goes away, requiring the Cursed Survivor to attempt to Bless it before the timer runs out.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

All this would do is make it to where nobody ran boons at all, which honestly I wouldn't mind because people here already know the hate I have for people wasting time blessing and healing, but the rest of the survivor community would lose their minds and at this point, if they nerfed boons like that it would probably kill the game because of the vast amount of people who like the perks, some people probably only got those chapters for the new boon perks.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

That would certainly make the boons more manageable but it seems a bit too complicated.

Being able to break the bones as killer wouldn't require to nerf their power (as insane as it is sometimes).

• Rlabotath
    Rlabotath Member Posts: 125

I don’t mean for the numbers to be absolute, it’s mostly a generalized idea. Keep in mind, though, with these numbers, COH has 4 heals per Totem, equaling to 20 heals, which is about the same number of heals I’ve seen in many of my games. This also ignores Mangled, which we’re moving into a meta for. Exponential still utilizes any boosts in recovery speed you have from other sources, and skips half of it, with a total of 10 recoveries. Shadow Step only ticks down while in use, which means you aren’t losing charges over nothing. Dark Theory still applies the movement speed buff, but only consumes tokens while in a Chase. Lastly, Plaything was simply an idea to give a counterplay perk.

My issue with Boons is they have way too much value for literally %25 of a Generators progress worth of “wasted time.” It also creates a dilemma where matches can have Survivors with more than 4 perks (Boons on a different Survivor are technically perks for the others,) and this doesn’t lead to fair balance, unless they decide to add a feature where Killers can choose a Perk from their previous match to tack on to the next match (stupid idea, I know, but the concept is similar.) My goal was to remove the omnipresent aspect of Boons, make them still a “Secondary Objective,” yet still have some strong power. Less limited than exhaustion perks, but stronger than perks like Self Care and Inner Healing.

Side note, I’m horrible at writing in a nice way, so if I seem like I’m “targeting” you, I swear I’m not, I’m merely responding how I see the broad picture.