"Rewarding bad play" is not an argument against NOED

13»

Comments

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

There's already a end game survivor perk that increases your speed it's called hope

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494
    edited April 2022

It should still remain hex it's stronger than any survivors second chance perks. But maybe make it having 2 totems could be more fair. Well most killer who use noed are bad so that's why I think it will not be changed to have tokens like devour hope. It's nightmare on soloQ and gives killer usually 3-4K. Just played match between this writing were bad killer hooked survivor before last gen was done and the one who came to rescue was downed with noed. Well one survivor escaped immediatelly. I tried to go rescue one but he somehow quessed which one so I was killed with noed as well. He would most likely got 0-1K without it. I think this is how it goes lot in solo but in swf noed is usually cleansed in less than 30s or all totems are cleansed so it does not even spawn. I use noed sometimes just to secure 4K when I don't want to take risk losing but usually I run rancor, nemesis and blood warden if I do endgame build once I got 3 kills doing that and usually 2 that at least require some skill. Good killers never run noed cause their goal is to win before gens are done that is usually my goal too.

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419

Its nowhere close to unrealistic for Survivors to break OR spot 1-5 totems (That have limited/obvious spawn points that haven't even changed in a longggg time) because you're not being asked to do it every single match you play. You can't spot, break or cleanse multiple totems at least one time in all the matches you play??? It happens on a daily basis in both Solo and SWF when I play both sides. You can just spot totems while hugging gens and then if NOED activates go check all of them to see which one was lit. Sometimes its easy money, sometimes you die or get caught in a bad spot which sucks but so what.. Wise people once said on these forums that players shouldn't expect to counter/win a situation 100% of the time so what's the issue with NOED denying escapes in some games?

Even if it WAS unrealistic, so what? NOED at that point is just something you have to cope with just like the rest of the perks on both sides that have parts where you can't always account for. There's transparent counter play for it unlike other perks that won't be named and its already been nerfed so this totem should be a dead topic in 2022. People said it was OP and impossible to deal with back when it used to be unlimited, now they converted it into a Hex and gave Survivors the power to control it via their secondary objective and its still too much to ask for?

I guess this is a byproduct of designing the game around holding one button for long durations, anything that involves actual interactivity or not sitting on a gen is too tedious. What are you guys really doing as Survivors that you're SO busy that doing bones or searching for the lit hex is unrealistic? I don't get it. NOED rewards bad play and boosts bad Killers yet there's somehow never time for people to do bones... If the Killers running it were really bad then it should be a GGEZ cleansing it and moving on to the next match. People tell Killers on a daily basis to stop acting as if every lobby has SEAL team 6 as a SWF but you guys act as if you're playing against Otzdarva every single game. NOED is not that deep, literally just do the bones or pop the exit gate and save yourself

• Sylhiri
    Sylhiri Member Posts: 178

It shows the how many bones are currently left on the map?

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

It gains a token for each one destroyed. Since you go in knowing there are 5, it works out well.