Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Sacrificial Ward doesn't work & Since when are double de-pips given for game crashes?

AykDanroyd
AykDanroyd Member Posts: 232

Today was the 2nd time my game crashed and I lost 2 pips (went back down to 0 after having 2 before the match where it crashed). It's already horse ######### that players get penalized for crashes that are not our fault but BHVR's trash coding but getting docked 2 pips for it? Atrocious.

Also last week, I brought a Sacrificial Ward to a match as killer while one of the survivors brought a Mary's Letter and we STILL ended up going to Midwich when 4 Mary's Letters are needed to counteract a Sacrificial Ward. So that is broken and I wasted one for nothing, even though it was supposed to work because it was one of the few times I threw a SW offering on when a map location offering was used.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• AykDanroyd
    edited April 2022

Here is a screenshot of the post match screen of the SW incident (you can see there was only 1 Mary's Letter played when another 3 were needed to send us to Midwich after a SW is played):

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,446

All the sacrificial ward does is prevent the odds of going to that realm to be increased by the offering. It doesn't actually prevent you from going to that realm.

• AykDanroyd
    edited April 2022

Then it's completely pointless, especially with the way it works in that you have to use it up when you don't even know if other players will bring a map offering and how you lose it even when no map offering is brought by another player in a match where you use the sacrificial ward.

They really need to change it so that unless a map offering is brought, the SW is not consumed and returns to your inventory. The same with map offerings that don't win out when multiple map offerings are brought--those that don't end up taking you to the realm they represent should be returned to the player(s) who threw them in. It's very dumb & unfair to dock a player of a map offering that didn't end up sending them to the represented realm when that player may only have 1 of those offerings and needs it for a challenge. The one exception should be if only 1 map offering is brought with no SW brought & the match ends up taking place at another realm (very small chance of that happening but it happened to me before). In that case I say have it consume anyway because there's no guarantee that it will send you there (says "tremendous" not guaranteed). But the losing map offering(s) when 2 or more are thrown in should be given back.

Going back to the SW though, with how low of a chance there is of throwing one on when a map offering is played, they need to change it so it prevents you from going to that realm. Otherwise with the odds being so low already that you use it when a map offering is used plus with it not preventing you from going to that realm makes it almost useless & not worth spending bloodpoints on or wasting as an offering.