If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Stop tunneling the first person out the game

Options
Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I'm sorry, but this is getting beyond irritating. Every match I play the killer tunnels the first person out immediately, and half of the time that person is me. DS doesn't even help because they'll just take the hit and go straight after you again. And the funny part is that the killer doesn't tunnel anyone else, just the first person. I would like to have a chance to actually play the game, thank you.

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I get that, but this is almost every match. It gets annoying after a while and makes playing survivor just miserable. I'm just trying to get simple rift challenges done, but can't really do that when the killer decided to tunnel the whole game. 😐

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,023
    Options

It's because some people don't like to sweat during the match so they eliminate a survivor to make it a relaxing game for them, I personally don't tunnel but I won't hate on people who do because DS, unbreakable exists and punishes it, if they're willing to take the risk of wasting that time trying to tunnel then I don't see why not when it could just as easily be used against them.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    edited April 2022
    Options

My advice: Try not to be the first person to be found. Hide until you’re safe at a gen or something. Use perks like decisive strike and spine chill to avoid getting found and tunneled out early.

I know hook camping and stuff needs to be changed but this is all we survivors can do at the moment.

Post edited by legacycolt on
  • Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

Its because most killer players think theyre sooo good while theyre not even average, and then think the only way to play is by abusing the gameflaws that cater towards killers. theyre just a lazy pack of players, that dont wont to put any effort intoy how to play well.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

If you watch the videos, you will see that every single one of the streamers are getting more 4ks and 3ks as compared to 2ks,1ks and 0ks. So these aren't exceptions to the rule, these are the actual rule.

Also, how are they running NOED when this is Perkless, Add-onless and a 30 second head-start for survivors game?

• Munqaxus
    Options

Them linking the specific videos of winning isn't the rule. It's leaving out all the games lost, which was much more than what they won. This is like thinking a player is god tier because you watch only their youtube where they only post they matches they win on.

If you looked at the videos, they post the statistics for the challenge. So this argument is moot.

Because you didn't post all the challenge videos, only one set. Also you never responded to my point about why these are possible or even how to make lots of these possible they specifically tunneled people out. You know, the literal entire point of this page.

The one set of challenge videos is the only significant one, since it shows that killers are able to get 4ks and 3ks without perks, without addons and giving survivors a 30 sec headstart.

Yes, they tunnel survivors out. If you can Tunneling-off-hook-till-dead survivors, then the game should be balanced around that. Meaning that survivors should have buffs to compensate. Or Tunneling-off-hook-till-dead should be nerfed.

Obviously killers are way overpowered compared to survivors when Tunneling-off-hook-till-dead, since they can use that strategy and get 4ks and 3ks without perks, addons and giving survivors a 30 sec head-start.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    edited April 2022
    Options

80% of cases, the survivor team does this to themselves

Running around the map

Then pulling off the hook when the killer didn't get a chance to leave

Being over-altruistic instead of completing the only objective that allows you to escape

It's a vicious cycle.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I'm not sure what you're talking about with "exceptions". The Choy video for instance was 54 matches in a row and he tracked stats and averages. It also was posted in January, not during the MMR test. And in Choy's video he intentionally played 27 matches during the day and 27 matches at night so he could track the differences (he still got more than 2 kills average both times which is pretty impressive considering how the challenge worked, running no perks and being afk 30 seconds at the start of each match.)

Mind you, I have zero problems with so-called "tunneling", that's a pointless buzzword at this point that seems to just be shorthand for "you downed me twice in a row". But this notion that someone these matches were all "exceptions to the rule" is nonsense.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Ok, I can't comment on other videos you don't like that the person you replied to didn't link, the Choy one they linked though doesn't seem to have that issue you complained about.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

No, it’s better another hundred of post crying because of dh

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

yeah it sucks. I hope it gets better. Unfortunately the only way to stop it is with in game mechanics. Even if they try to balance the game people are still gonna tunnel. Basement bubbas aren’t going away either and that sucks

• Munqaxus
    edited April 2022
    Options

Actually, they do go against what you are saying. These streams are beating people without perks, addons and with head starts. If streamers can do this, then high MMR killers can do the same with perks, addons and without headstarts, without the need to tunnel-off-hook-till-dead.

Tunnel-off-hook-till-dead is a I-Win button, the killers sometimes decide not to use.

I'd say, take the I-Win button away or Buff survivors to compensate for having an I-Win button.

• Mechanix82
    Mechanix82 Member Posts: 184
    Options

Isn't being chased a part of playing the game? You would rather just hold M1 on a gen?

• Munqaxus
    Options

How is that not exactly what those videos are showing. These streamers are high MMR players. They are proving over and over again that Killers are fine without using perks, addons and with head-starts.

How in the h*ll does that translate to nerf survivors buff killers?

• Munqaxus
    Options

Yeah, because Undying was an easier "I-Win" button compared to "Tunneling-Off-Hook-Till-Dead". They're both "I-Win" buttons.

We both want tunnel-off-hook-till-dead out of the game, so why not remove it, then buff killers to compensate. It's not really fair that killers get buffed and still have the I-Win button.

• Munqaxus
    Options

"Most of the time the victory goes to the sweatier side"

Yes.

"DBD is sided to whatever side decides to be the nastiest (huge flaw in design) and that's why a Killer can get a ~2k average with a huge handicap if they are willing to play as dirty as you can."

Yes.

"- No real incentive to play nice or spice things up"

Yes.

All of these are true and I agree with them. Killers have an "I-Win" button and choose not to use it in most matches. If every killer-player decided to use it, kill rates would sky-rocket. Killers-players for the most part, are extremely nice and don't use the "I-Win" button. I know I don't and when I play survivors, there's a lot of killer-players that don't.

That's not the problem. The problem is the "I-Win" button is there and is used. It hurts killers because it raises kill rates for the killers who want to play nasty. And, it hurts survivors because it requires survivors to have DS and a player running BT to make it hurt the killer time-wise in a chase. Even then, a determined killer and dead-zones can make BT and DS useless.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890
    Options

And thus, day by day, I slowly become closer to a Blight main