Aura perks should work during Spirit's phase

Options

There's just NO balance reason to hide auras from her power.

Example for Nurse's Calling:
You're in her terror radius, you shouldn't heal in the first place (basic rule against NC)
You're outside her terror radius, you hear her huge vacuum cleaner sound as she goes nearby

As for BBQ, she can't even reach 40 meters in one shot with her power, and BBQ aura stops before she fully uses her power (5 seconds for 35 meters) so there is still room for a survivor to hide.

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

@Master said:

@Ihatelife said:
    Em no? She is already powerful. Just use stridor, mother-daughter ring and yakuyoke amulet and you will get everything what you want.

Just use the best addons every game.
    Thats not how it works bro

Bro, you can always use katsumori talisman and dirty uwabaki

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    Options

I would disagree with such a change being part of her base kit. I would not mind if they reworked the father's glasses addon to show auras instead of blood but to allow her to see auras as part of her base kit is not only unnecessary but it would also be too strong. It would be unnecessary as you can take the time to figure out where people are before using your power and would take away from the mindgame aspect of her power, she really doesn't need anything more to it other than changing some addons.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

@Ihatelife said:

@Master said:

@Ihatelife said:
    Em no? She is already powerful. Just use stridor, mother-daughter ring and yakuyoke amulet and you will get everything what you want.

Just use the best addons every game.
    Thats not how it works bro

Bro, you can always use katsumori talisman and dirty uwabaki

Prayer Beads and Amulet are pretty disgusting together too.

Spirit is good enough as she is.

Exactly

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options
    So you want an aura reading perk with a 170% movement speed character? No.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,412
    Options

Agreed. +1

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Options
    I love so much spirit but she doesn't really need that tbh. If I really wanna be greedy I would take few add on buffs or a 2% increased movement speed to make her more unique but that's just out of greed

She's fine as she is and even nurse calling is great with her low terror radius being able to sneak in especially with no sound add on
  • Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    Options

She's already powerful in the right hands, she's fine as is.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

@Soren said:
    There's just NO balance reason to hide auras from her power.

Example for Nurse's Calling:
    You're in her terror radius, you shouldn't heal in the first place (basic rule against NC)
    You're outside her terror radius, you hear her huge vacuum cleaner sound as she goes nearby

As for BBQ, she can't even reach 40 meters in one shot with her power, and BBQ aura stops before she fully uses her power (5 seconds for 35 meters) so there is still room for a survivor to hide.

+1

• Pudding
    Pudding Member Posts: 70
    Options

i dont see why thats supposed to be in the game
    imagine with nurses calling you could see em while phasing... nope

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

@Pudding said:

The rule of thumb of NC is "do not heal in the terror radius / nearby the killer".

Spirit has a 24m terror radius and a 24m vacuum sound when she uses her power. Either way you'll know when she is nearby.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@Soren said:

@Pudding said:

The rule of thumb of NC is "do not heal in the terror radius / nearby the killer".

Spirit has a 24m terror radius and a 24m vacuum sound when she uses her power. Either way you'll know when she is nearby.

Or 16m terror radius with no vacuum sound.
    BUT ALSO can we then see your aura while you're in phasing? Like OoO or Dark Sense?

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options
    blue4zion said:

I main spirit, and I honestly think this would be unnecessary.

Exactly how I see it. I play her a lot too. Sorry @Soren , but I think you're wrong.
  • Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

@Milo said:

@Soren said:

@Pudding said:

Or 16m terror radius with no vacuum sound.
    BUT ALSO can we then see your aura while you're in phasing? Like OoO or Dark Sense?

Spirit has a constant 24m vacuum sound unless she uses a specific purple addon, and the issue here is the addon. 16m doesn't change much, if she's close to you, you should be able to spot them when you position yourself to SC.

OoO works on Spirit, it lights up to her direction, like Freddy.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2019
    Options

The Spirit is designed around not being able to see survivors and using mindgames, because her power is so good and needs this downside. So no, that would just remove the only thing that makes the Spirit balanced.