Since legion buff this game is boring

Options
Puddles
Puddles Member Posts: 95

As survivor main, its all I want to say.

Two friends quit the game.

Solo queue and buffed legion is hell. I'll probably take a break until I see the next patch.

Comments

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

I just came back after half a year and probably another 4 months so almost a year.

• Puddles
    Options
  • Leatherface1990
    Options

I do hate the MEND BUTTON LAG.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 920
    Options

you won't be able to nerf legion like you did with wraith, just because he needs to use his brain to play against

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Legion was always unfun to face. It's just more of them now but that will pass.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,618
    Options

Did you think before writing this?

If a Survivor heals, they are healthy, meaning they will be able to tank one hit (except for Instadown-Powers or stuff like that of course). If they mend, they will not be able to do that.

Mending is just wasted time and you are as vulnerable as before as Survivor.

And another one - do you really think that every Survivor is stupid? It is not rocket science to not fully mend in the Terror Radius and to not heal against Legion.

• Knytrix
    Knytrix Member Posts: 59
    Options

You can join killers in the snuffing totems simulator

• Puddles
    edited May 2022
    Options

Solo queue and played 16 matches, 11 legion, 2 nurses, 1 nemesis, 1 plague and 1 clown.

Escape only in 2 matches (nemesis and clown).

Well I just uninstalled, I know I won't be missed.

It's near impossible to beat legion in solo queue (luck game based on teammates because this killer doesn't require brains).

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options

Funny how "boring" here means "Cannot learn to play around it".

This may suit the bored crowd better:

No boring killer, guaranteed.

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276
    Options

Ahah, it feels so weird to do skill checks with 0 latency

• Knytrix
    Knytrix Member Posts: 59
    Options

Ya but come on guys this has been in video games since patching was a thing whatever is new or buffed will be super popular for a week and then rarely played. Look at every moba or mmo for example.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

He’s only boring because everyone is playing him. It’s the same reason I hate huntress. I play against to many of them it get really stale. Earlier today I played vs deathslinger pyramid demogorgon pinhead and it was cool until I got 4 legion matches and 2 huntress matches. Does he need a nerf? Absolutely not. But he was boring before and it’s even more boring since he’s being played more.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995
    Options

You can't hide vs a Legion, sees your aura all the time, also you can't prevent being injured. He destroys pallets very fast or just vaults them.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options
  • Aven_Fallen
    Options

There is a big difference between pressing M1 to actually progress the game (Survivors cannot escape if they dont do Gens) and pressing M1 which does not progress the game.

And sorry, in my opinion, games against Legion take far too long. And this has nothing to do with the strength of Legion or that I am too stupid to realize the genius counterplay of splitting up. I prefer a Nurse who wrecks the Survivors in 3 minutes over a 20+-game against Legion every day.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

Legion is boring to play against because he does not follow the mechanic of : hit, hit down, hook.

In a sense he kind of "slugs" health states. Legion ends up being similar to twins in that he is very unfun to play against.

Legion would be a lot more interesting if there were a survivor perk that ignored mending. I kind of understand why boons are in the game : to counteract the feeling of always needing to mend vs legion. It makes sense they were working on that when they were reworking legion in the process.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134
    Options

This "just spread" is the same as survivors telling killers "just kick the totem" to counter CoH. Its so obviouse how pro-survivors threads instantly get overrun by killer mains when the game balance is on average still killer sided which is shown in killrate stats. I guesse it's because most survivors can instantly vent to friends they are playing with compared to killers that keep it bottled up and have to resort to the forums. It gives such a wrong direction to the devs to what changes have to be made. Complaints will only stop if killers can point to survivors to blow them up. 4k's just isn't enough to feed the power fetish that alot seem to have here.

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 403
    edited May 2022
    Options

It's amazing to me how killers/legion players just don't get the criticism. Playing against legion is insanely boring. Mending extends the M1 simulator that we get with generators and healing into the land of the ridiculous. Against a normal killer, I probably spend 160 seconds on generators and 32 or 48 seconds healing for a total inert boring downtime in a match of 200 seconds. Against legion the number is more like 300 to 400 seconds. Let's not forget the highly engaging hanging on hooks time. Then on top of that, we add a whole bunch of mend time. Out of a 15 to 20 minute match (only against legion are they this long), I'm spending 5 or 6 minutes doing absolutely nothing.

Additionally, the strategies are very simple. Press 'w', don't count on pallets or window vaults and try to stay spread out.

Until he is changed, dc'ing, suiciding, or afk'ing will still be at higher rates than against most killers. For most survivors, it is not about his strength. I get more DC's against legion then against nurse, ponder that one.

To summarize: the looping strategy is press 'w', and the inert time is 2 or 3 times more than other killers. This is why legion sucks to play.

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394
    Options

W, mending, M1 on gen - such an interactive gameplay

I heckin love DBD!

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited May 2022
    Options

PRAISE THE ENTITY LEGION THE ALL POWERFUL !

Made them DC from the game entirely.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995
    Options

It's huntress or legion, both are broken

Huntress has cheating hitboxes, legion brainless

• Puddles
    edited May 2022
    Options

Don't worry, you guys can keep the brainless mending simulator.

Personally me and two friends quit from the game at least until next patch.

No wonder player numbers are going down in steam charts.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

What would you recommend be done to fix this?

Specifically, how would you change Legions current power without making up a brand new power to make them more fun?

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

You have to change Legions Power. They are a completely failed concept which should have never left QA back in 2018. It is not like Legion are a strong Killer to begin with, they never were a strong Killer. But they also have 0 possibility to be a strong Killer with their current power.

• Leatherface1990
    Options
  • Puddles
    Options

Usually I'm the one looping the killer while the team is busy opening chests or waiting you go down to decide to create courage to click on a gen.