Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tunneling is fair

2»

Comments

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

I do not believe there is a player in this game who will tell you that tunneling efficiently means ignoring the macro state of that match. Most people who use tunneling are using it as a power play when they see an opportunity present itself that wouldn't exist without tunneling.

Not so they can leave the game with a 1-2k EGC

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Nobody will say tunneling efficiently means ignoring the macro state of the match, because that wouldn't be efficient.

My point was that the statement that tunneling is efficient is usually taken quite literally, and people aren't really thinking about when it stops being efficient.

So many matches where the killer tries to tunnel the first hooked person out of the game early only for them to still be alive with only one gen left, and the killer has no kills yet. Just feel like it needs to be said more often that tunneling isn't always efficient.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

Can we just focus on your first sentence? That is exactly what they do. Skilled players will come in here and say, "At high MMR you have to tunnel. This is X,Y,Z reasons as to why, these are the scenarios it needs to happen.

To which the immediate response is some knee-jerk "Hurr-Durr, Tunneling is bad you lose more kills than you get. Poor sportsmanship wah survivors will DC you'll win but you'll get like 3 hooks."

Those against tunneling will immediately reframe their scenarios to ignore the macro and paint the tactic either as scummy or as a net detriment to the killer, forgetting the whole purpose of tunneling is to create pressure. Meanwhile, ask any proponent of tunneling to elaborate and they will immediately detail WHEN it should be used. Not that it should ALWAYS be used.

I feel my original response is necessary.

• Megmain80
    Megmain80 Member Posts: 138

It’s fair, just not any fun for the survivor. I think we all play the game for fun. I don’t expect to escape most matches, but if I’ve had a chance to do gens, saves, heals, chases and still don’t make the escape then that was worth the effort of waiting for a game and I’ve had some fun. Getting tunneled by killers who immediately return to the hook is not fun at all.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

You understand that taking some one out of the game is an insane amount of pressure right? 4v1 vs 3v1 is a totally different dynamic.